Bkkthailand

Can i apply tourist visa to US. while pending I130 process?

6 posts in this topic

Pls advise me, Can i apply for B2 tourist visa to go to US.?

my husband have been file I130, CR1 visa for me since July, still waiting for NOA2 approve.

but we want to spend quality time together on Christmas season, and i can take day off for my vacAtion long 10 days,

this is i want to try to apply to B2 tourist visa to US. who have know, can i qualify to apply or not? pls advise

9 FAM 41.31 N17 AUTHORITY TO CLASSIFY CERTAIN VISAS “B-1/B-2” AND AMOUNT OF FEES TO BE COLLECTED

(CT:VISA-1034; 09-24-2008)

a. You may properly issue B-1/B-2 visitor visas to aliens with immigrant visa (IV) applications pending with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You must be satisfied that the alien’s intent in seeking entry into the United States is to engage in activities consistent with B-1/B-2 classification for a temporary period and that the alien has a residence abroad which he or she does not intend to abandon. While immigrant visa registration is reflective of an intent to immigrate, it

It is very confusing. I planned to apply for tourist visa for my spouse too. Later I abandoned the plan as some members wrote that either embassy or POE personnel may deny the entry to USA. Spouse can apply for toursit visa if he/she has no immigrant intent. It is hard to show that spouse that is applying for tourist visa, do not have intent to immigrate. It is your call. Let us know if your spouse get the tourist visa. If you got visa, I would definitely apply a tourist visa for my spouse too. Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Nothing stops you from applying.

Being granted one is a whole different story. You have to show very strong ties to your country, and show them that you will definitely go back. Good luck.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Pls advise me, Can i apply for B2 tourist visa to go to US.?

my husband have been file I130, CR1 visa for me since July, still waiting for NOA2 approve.

but we want to spend quality time together on Christmas season, and i can take day off for my vacAtion long 10 days,

this is i want to try to apply to B2 tourist visa to US. who have know, can i qualify to apply or not? pls advise

9 FAM 41.31 N17 AUTHORITY TO CLASSIFY CERTAIN VISAS “B-1/B-2” AND AMOUNT OF FEES TO BE COLLECTED

(CT:VISA-1034; 09-24-2008)

a. You may properly issue B-1/B-2 visitor visas to aliens with immigrant visa (IV) applications pending with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You must be satisfied that the alien’s intent in seeking entry into the United States is to engage in activities consistent with B-1/B-2 classification for a temporary period and that the alien has a residence abroad which he or she does not intend to abandon. While immigrant visa registration is reflective of an intent to immigrate, it

You can apply but expect to be denied.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

My wife applied for her B1/B2 visa and got denied :crying:

Loto

Edited by PatiencePaidOff

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.