Abril01

Sending k1 packet to Africa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline

I know once the visa application is approved I will send my finace the entire packet and all information used as evidence, my visa, and passport. Does anyone know of a good (low rate) company to send it with? Experience?

Filed: Timeline
I know once the visa application is approved I will send my finace the entire packet and all information used as evidence, my visa, and passport. Does anyone know of a good (low rate) company to send it with? Experience?

Why are you sending your passport & visa to Africa? Are you the USC?

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Well, if I recall, the guide says to send a copy of your entire packet to your fiancee' after the NOA2. Bare in mind, that you are not sending your originals of anything, especially visa/passport, unless for some reason they specifically ask for it. You send photocopies. As for who to send it with, I'm afraid I haven't got a clue.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Well, if I recall, the guide says to send a copy of your entire packet to your fiancee' after the NOA2. Bare in mind, that you are not sending your originals of anything, especially visa/passport, unless for some reason they specifically ask for it. You send photocopies. As for who to send it with, I'm afraid I haven't got a clue.

I agree. Photocopies only of your passport.

As far as cheap shipping? I don't know. As far as reliable shipping overseas, FEDEX.

I just sent a 2# package to Indonesia for $65 via FEDEX. 3 day delivery with tracking. The expense is well worth the assurance of arrival, no?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good advice from everyone above. Fed EX or DHL is a good option if your fiance lives in a major delivery area. These companies do not go to my fiance's town so I use the US Postal International overnight service. It is a good price if not too large a package. It takes less than a week to most places and it works like DHL in that you can track it and your fiance will need to sign for it.

I thought the fiance would need originals of the birth certificate, divorce paper, boarding passes at the interview possibly. I am sure some on here will clarify.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Never send your passport anywhere!!!!!

What if you need extra pages inserted or are waiting for a Visa to enter another country... I think you have to send your passport in those cases. Be careful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good advice from everyone above. Fed EX or DHL is a good option if your fiance lives in a major delivery area. These companies do not go to my fiance's town so I use the US Postal International overnight service. It is a good price if not too large a package. It takes less than a week to most places and it works like DHL in that you can track it and your fiance will need to sign for it.

I thought the fiance would need originals of the birth certificate, divorce paper, boarding passes at the interview possibly. I am sure some on here will clarify.

I've read about at least 2 cases reported by VJers who've sent forms and documents by DHL to their fiances and DHL's managed to mail the packages to totally different countries causing a great delay. So... I'd say go with FedEx or USPS.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

When David was here, I sent the entire I-129F package back with him so he'd have it for the interview. With my I-134, I also sent the original NOA1 and NOA2, along with the RFE/copy of my response, so he would have those originals. I got lucky again and sent that Packet 3 info with the same friend who went on vacation with me last year (when I met David) - she went back and saw David while she was there.

Saved a lot of postage...

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I have been checking around because i am getting ready to send my stuff over to my fiance and I find Fedex is cheaper and I think they are more reliable

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

If I had to choose, based on my experience with other mailing, it would be Fedex.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

By the way according to the Inernational Rules and regulation, one cannot send a passport by mail to overseas. It can be considered as a fraud. Because sending a passport out of country means someone can use that passport for other pruposes.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The USC doesn't even have to send the original passport. Copies would be totally fine - the consulate/embassy only asks for proof of the USC's citizenship. So... if an original document is indeed needed, the birth certificate would suffice (unless the USC is naturalized).

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.