John*&*his*GG

Requirements for Travel to Paris?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Someone mentioned to me about trying to meet my girlfriend in a 3rd country. We are considering meeting in Paris at the end of this month. I know I need a Passport and I'm American. Do I need anything else?

Also what requirements will my girlfriend need. She is filipina and living in Amman, Jordan.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

US citizens do not require a visa for France

your girlfriend, a citizen of PI - does require a visa

http://www.learn4good.com/travel/fr_visa.htm#req

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

US citizens do not require a visa for France

your girlfriend, a citizen of PI - does require a visa

http://www.learn4good.com/travel/fr_visa.htm#req

Good luck

Typically how long will her visa take for approval? Any idea?

Timeline

http://www.ambafrance-jo.org/france_jordanie/IMG/pdf/requi.pdf

Google is very helpful in situations like this

And no, she cannot do it online. It will likely require an interview

Good luck

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Someone mentioned to me about trying to meet my girlfriend in a 3rd country. We are considering meeting in Paris at the end of this month. I know I need a Passport and I'm American. Do I need anything else?

Also what requirements will my girlfriend need. She is filipina and living in Amman, Jordan.

Thanks.

The most challenging issue in getting VISA approval for 3rd country is the folks working in the window at the Embassy imposing "local" requirements on the applicant. One of the most aggravating is getting confirmations from the hotels you plan to stay in. They don't seem to like the simple copy of the reservation you can easily make online at booking.com or other websites, what they are looking for is a letter from the hotel usually with a signature of the hotel clerk or a stamp from the hotel on hotel letter head. They also seem to prefer FAXED copies of these to email copies which apparently can be altered.

Depending on the Embassy it takes anywhere from a day to ten days and sometimes longer if an electronic appointment is required for the first visit.

Check the embassy website to see if they require online booking of appointment, but she will most definitely have to visit, "interview" which is usually nothing more than a visit to drop off passport style photo's and required documents. The "catch 22" is you never know if they will refuse the VISA or how many trips to the Embassy it takes to get it right. They like to see round trip tickets but its expensive to get refundable tickets but discount tickets that are not refundable while cheap might be a bad idea if you cannot get full refund if she does not get the VISA.

Best strategy is to have as much lead time as possible to be able to adjust for all the hoops you will have to jump through and get expensive refundable tickets way in advance then get the visa and switch to cheaper discount tickets. Contact all the hotels via email letting them know you need the confirmation letters with your dates of stay, persons staying in the room and a signature of the person in charge.

Oh and sometimes they want things in their own language.. making translations an issue

And one more obstacle.. you might need TRANSIT VISA for her if she doesn't go on a direct flight into France.. I think if the plane stops in a Schengen country you are ok.. but check for other country VISA requirements if there is a layover or change of planes not in France.

Good luck

Edited by brokenfamily

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hmmm well we were considering taking a trip by the end of the month but reading what you have wrote here, that doesn't sound quite possible.......

tell her to swing by and see if they can do it in a couple days .. or if you read french.. check the embassy website and see if they can process in a couple days.. but its going to take a few days to get the hotel confirmations and she is going to need letter from employer according to that link someone else posted.. depends on how friendly they are.. also check all other Schengen countries that have embassy there.. once in EU you can go anywhere. We had good luck with Italy and Germany.. but each took 10 days for VISA.. Poland was a nightmare.

Edited by brokenfamily

Timeline

PI citizens have a VERY difficult time of getting a toursit visa to the US. Post this on the PI regional forum to see what is needed for a successful tourist visa application and what the chances of approval are

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Good luck

Edited by canadian_wife

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Timeline

Correct me if I'm wrong but I did some research and if my research is reliable....we both can go to Hong Kong with just a passport no visa needed.

Is this correct?

If this is correct we can fly there rather quickly and cheaply.

Timeline

Two Questions

Is there a certain amount of times she can return to Jordan on a return visa? She told me she thinks she can not return to Jordan if she leaves again. Is that true? Is there a certain amount that she can return?

Also I believe I need a visa to Jordan to visit there. Do I need to provide I have ties to the USA too or is it much easier for me? Because I don't own anything here. No house, no bank account at this time, no job...... Only thing that ties me here is my school but even with that it isn't a much of a tie. Will I have a problem visiting her in Jordan?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Two Questions

Is there a certain amount of times she can return to Jordan on a return visa? She told me she thinks she can not return to Jordan if she leaves again. Is that true? Is there a certain amount that she can return?

Also I believe I need a visa to Jordan to visit there. Do I need to provide I have ties to the USA too or is it much easier for me? Because I don't own anything here. No house, no bank account at this time, no job...... Only thing that ties me here is my school but even with that it isn't a much of a tie. Will I have a problem visiting her in Jordan?

From the looks of it, the VISA for a US Citizen to visit Jordan is merely a formality and requires nothing more than paying the VISA stamp fee.

It appears you can even skip applying to the consulate here in the US and get the VISA at the airport there, which I would do on a short notice trip to avoid losing passport in mail or delays in VISA processing. I would not worry to much about ties to US, just make sure you have a round trip ticket and hotel reservations when you land there.

http://www.jordanembassyus.org/new/consular/pdf/visaapp.pdf

Edited by Sergi9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.