6 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, sorry for the silly question.

I just sent my app off. But how will I know when a NOA has been issued or when my case has been touched?

I see it at the bottom of everybodies signature.

I did send off a G1145 with both the I-485 and I-130.

Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You go here. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

and create an account- you will need your receipt number from when USCIS has replied that they have recieved your applications., then you can check there for any updates.

then you can click on notifications- and they will email/text you when they have updated your case- but you can check at anytime to see if they have "touched" your case, as you will see a date update.

Edited by Canadian in GA

Jen

"Canadian in Georgia"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The G-1145 will mean that you get a text or email, or both (depending what you entered on the form) letting you know your file has been received and what your case numbers are.

Later you will receive the physical NOA's (around a week or two).

You can also track your case online via the link the PP gave you. Bear in mind that sometimes it takes a while for the NOA numbers to be properly registered on the system so you might find for a few days that you are unable to get your NOA numbers to work. Don't fret, this often happens. Also, for some people the website isn't 100% accurate. It has been for me but sometimes you will see no action online but you will receive something in the mail.

Good luck.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hi when thay receive your file .thay send you a 797 notice of action noa 1 recept letter....and then it takes many months for them to adjudicate your file ..when thay send you a noa.2 that means approval.. the touches mean that your file was looked at or it was moved some one touched it.....you can check your case status on line uscis use caps don't space the words or numbers you have a wait good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just realised you mentioned I-130... so

** moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to "Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas" as you are adjusting from a visa other than a K1, K2, K3 & K4 which the prior forum is for **

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.