visaveteran

Wife's Son I-130 Question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We filed an I-130 for my wife's son. His NOA1 Notice Date is July 28, 2010. He is 20 and was 16 when we married, so he qualifies for a dependent visa petition. His application went to the California Service Center but was recently transferred to the Texas Service Center. Here is the USCIS message regarding this transfer:

On November 2, 2010, we transferred this case I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

My question...why the transfer to the TSC? Is this a problem or just routine? Will it delay processing? Any info or thoughts on this matter is appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We filed an I-130 for my wife's son. His NOA1 Notice Date is July 28, 2010. He is 20 and was 16 when we married, so he qualifies for a dependent visa petition. His application went to the California Service Center but was recently transferred to the Texas Service Center. Here is the USCIS message regarding this transfer:

On November 2, 2010, we transferred this case I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

My question...why the transfer to the TSC? Is this a problem or just routine? Will it delay processing? Any info or thoughts on this matter is appreciated.

Should be good news. Usually it means it will just be approved and a green card sent. However some have still gotten an RFE or an interview, though an interview is usually not required for a child's adjustment.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Should be good news. Usually it means it will just be approved and a green card sent. However some have still gotten an RFE or an interview, though an interview is usually not required for a child's adjustment.

huh?... has an I-485 has been sent? no I-485, no direct issuance of a greencard forthcoming in the immediate future. At least not until after the petition is approved, a visa has been issued and the alien actually enters the usa

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Gary, my wife's son will need to have an interview in Moscow before he get's his immigrant visa. This is not an adjustment of status. Could you elaborate on your comments, maybe I missed your point?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

huh?... has an I-485 has been sent? no I-485, no direct issuance of a greencard forthcoming in the immediate future. At least not until after the petition is approved, a visa has been issued and the alien actually enters the usa

Sorry. Got ahead of myself.

Gary, my wife's son will need to have an interview in Moscow before he get's his immigrant visa. This is not an adjustment of status. Could you elaborate on your comments, maybe I missed your point?

I was ahead of myself, For whatever reason I was thinking he was already here. Probably your fault VV. :lol:

At any rate, USCIS is now forwarding the petitions to various service centers, so the fact it was sent to CSC is not an issue per se, just routine procedure.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.