^_^

Republican House means end of Obamacare. Or does it?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's why the slogan of "smaller government" is nothing more than a feel-good fairy tale.

Unfortunately, yes. The Republican-Democrat Regime is the epitome of big government.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thorpe said some of the health care bill's provisions that resonated well with the public, such as the elimination of pre-existing conditions as a reason to deny insurance coverage and guaranteed availability of coverage, won't be able to remain in effect unless there's a mandate requiring coverage for all.

Of course, duh. That's why the mandates were put in there in the first place! They didn't just accidentally show up in the bill all on their own.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Of course, duh. That's why the mandates were put in there in the first place! They didn't just accidentally show up in the bill all on their own.

Indeed. I don't see how they can repeal the parts of the bill they don't like (i.e. universal coverage)

while keeping it deficit neutral. Somebody's gotta pay for all those sick people we now have to insure.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Starve it! That's been the motto for the Republicans for about the last 30 years. The belief that if they just stop funding sectors of the government, we'll spend less. That sure worked under Reagan and the two Bushes.

Dems should hold them accountable to this. Any Repub senator should forfeit all federal jobs in their state, which includes the armed forces.

Let's see if they will walk the anti-government talk. Half of these poor red states live off government or the military being there. Without it, they're the next Mexico.

I also wonder how many Repub reps and senators are willing to work for free, until the economy improves. Like I have said before, had the Dems stopped obsessing on rights rubbish and started focusing on Americans, they would have cleaned out theses con-artists years ago.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Indeed. I don't see how they can repeal the parts of the bill they don't like (i.e. universal coverage)

while keeping it deficit neutral. Somebody's gotta pay for all those sick people we now have to insure.

Thanks for stating the obvious.whistling.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have never heard any intelligent person suggest that it could be repealed right now. It CAN be de-funded. That is what they will do. they do not need Obama's approval to "not fund" something. Tax legislation must initiate in the House. Fat chance.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have never heard any intelligent person suggest that it could be repealed right now. It CAN be de-funded. That is what they will do. they do not need Obama's approval to "not fund" something. Tax legislation must initiate in the House. Fat chance.

De-funding what has been made a law is being fiscally irresponsible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

welcome to how the military was during the carter years.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

welcome to how the military was during the carter years.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have not been paid for. They've simply added to our national debt. In fact, they weren't even included in the budget until a couple of years ago.

Timeline

Say again? :unsure:

Hint: Lots of things are authorized, but not appropriated for.

http://www.whs.mil/l...y/DODLawPDF.pdf

The Affordable Health Care Act was appropriated for, while the Medicare increase that was passed in 2004(?) was not. Fiscal responsibility (which both parties have been elusive to on many occasion) means that whatever programs or sectors of government we have need to be paid for or cut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

the only thing fically irresponsible is the law that was passed. Not approving a budget is fiscally irresponsible and the Dems have not approved ne yet.

The Repubs were sent there to STOP Obama care and they will. YOU won't like it. YOU don't have to. YOU lost. :dance:

The Affordable Health Care Act was appropriated for, while the Medicare increase that was passed in 2004(?) was not. Fiscal responsibility (which both parties have been elusive to on many occasion) means that whatever programs or sectors of government we have need to be paid for or cut.

It was NOT appropriated for. The taxes it assumes have NOT been passed and they will NOT be passed by the House led by Republicans. The Dems messed up for the first year by infighting over a budget. Fvcktards. They blew their own brains out!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla