mwfiler

November filers

426 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

March 10, 2011 we got to the EAD interview in Des Moines, Ia

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX called me in on my own and swore me in, She asked preliminary questions of identity.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX asked how I had procured a SSN number, in a tone which implied I had obtained it fraudulently and also demanded to know what I had done to get an Iowa Driver's License.

I replied that because I was needed to drive my Mother In Law to various appointments due to critical health and because my Canadian DR/L was about to expire I followed the protocol by applying for a SSN which would be denied and with the letter of denial, a copy of our Marriage License, and with evidence that I was applying for immigration I was granted a 6 month permit.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX asked me if we had had a lawyer prepare our package for us.

My reply to her was no we did it ourselves, at which USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX starred at me incredulously.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX asked if I had ever been denied entrance

I replied yes to which she demanded circumstances.

It was an unusual situation when I was with a friend.

She was driving a u-haul rented in her name; I was along.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX wanted a full story, but she kept interjecting other questions and derailing my thoughts. It felt like she was seeking ways to trip me up and contradict myself. I really felt USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX was impatient because I would begin to answer a question and she would ask another before I could even finish answering the first one.

The following is what I intended to convey but was not able to

My friend was returning to her US home with a combination of stuff she bought, stuff I gave her, and some sentimental items from my past that I treasured and hoped that she could store and keep for me until I could turn my life around.

I am musical and had been invited to participate in the Mid-West BIX Music festival, and I had taken the steps to have return tickets attached to all of the things that belonged to me, and I had my instruments as well as bedding, clothes and what-all for a 3 month trip. I hitched a ride with her as I would be staying with her the duration. My plans were to enjoy myself fully, return to Canada to my work, and take some of my equipment, and return to my friends by car before fall to visit again, play a bit with new friends and bring the rest of my stuff back at that time. I was very worried that I would not be seen as trying to bring my stuff as purchased in the US and end up having to pay duty on my Canadian property.

Our stuff was all mixed in the truck.

Yes we were naive, because the crossing border was not impressed and we got separated. I sat in a hot dry office, and I had a raging migraine. I sat there for over 5 hours without even a bathroom break or a glass of water. I was fingerprinted and was questioned over and over about what were my intentions, and I found out later that my friend had been asked if she was trying to import me as a nanny?! (She had/never would have kids. . a medical certainty.)

They confiscated some items they said were paraphernalia, a wooden herb grinder, a glass pipe and another piece I thought was a vase, they called a bong and then told us they were turning the truck around and that with that current arrangement I was not allowed to enter the USA with my friend.

The confiscated items had belonged to my friend. My friend was allowed to cross over, but not with me we were told.

We returned to Canada, we slept in a motel in Brandon that night and pondered what to do. We were both very tired but arose the next day and I decided to return to BC by bus. My friend's husband, said he did not mind storing my stuff because it would be safe and I could drive up and retrieve it by car when I could. My friend dropped me off at the Greyhound bus depot and she made her way to return to cross alone, but was denied again. She returned to her home by flight.

Approximately 2 weeks after the incident I had already located a job and a place to live Mr Montoya from the Brandon Crossing called me personally to verify that I was in Canada. He also told me that I had been in a proper state with my possessions in that when they had investigated the contents of the truck on the following day that he had found all the return tickets attached to my possessions that I was planning to return with. He asked what I was planning to do next I did tell him that I was going to stay where I was and continue working because I was running short of funds and would not be traveling for some time.

Because I lived only a few miles along the Canada/Us border the opportunity came when I was wishing to cross to the USA to do some shopping there and the first time I crossed I asked an officer if I had permission to enter because I had been denied once. Where upon he looked up some information and told me there would not be any problems. I crossed back and forth as often as twice a week. Not once was there ever any stamp or any paper given at any of the times of crossing.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX wanted more proof of an existing relationship.

Before I could answer or do anything she also stated that if there wasn't anything that wasn't in our package to them that she didn't have time to see it, nor was she interested. I asked her for permission to place my notebook on her desk to show her additional wedding photos, and the actual affidavits and other documentation.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX stopped momentarily on a collection of Media com statements that my Husband and I had together at his house in Illinios, (which had just been sold of Jan 2011) from the year 2009. She drilled me as to why we would have been paying utilities and services for a house in which we had not lived in for over 2 years. She did not believe me when I said yes we had because we had occasionally been able to spend a night now and then and we went there to have lunch during the work week. USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX just shook her head and told me that this interview was not going very well for me.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX eventually dismissed me and called in my Husband

After a short while I was called in together with my Husband. my Husband asked if he could be excused to use the washroom, and he was told it was ok so he left. my Husband's Doctor has him on 2 prescriptions for high blood pressure, which after waiting over an hour after our appointed time was almost longer than he was able to wait

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX seemed bent of twisting our replies and telling us we were inconsistent.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX then informed me that my Husband had just reported that the contents were mostly mine and that he had agreed to store it for me. To which I agreed that much of it had been but that I had already given her ownership, so I considered it hers except for the items I needed, which was primarily my musical equipment.. so not a good situation here also.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX informed me that the Border Patrol has weighted a measure in ounces of marijuana seed within the contents and that there was a bong and a grinder! And she said she had the report. We were not shown the report, however.

I tried to explain that while much of it had been mine I had surrendered it to my friend.

Also, any seeds that I knew of were mixes of flower and vegetable seeds, many of which I had gathered. My friend was an avid gardener and was happy to use my collection The glassware that had been confiscated were collector items we had purchased for the beauty of the blown glass. Which in fact is true. Neither of us had made any attempt to hide them. The herb grinder had beautiful carvings inscribed. I saw it as decorative and possibly useful for shredding herbs for teas, etc.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX seemed to think I was making it up, and told me that this was not going well for me. .

From there,, everything we said was called into question. I was asked how and why I had obtained an Iowa Dr License., and what I had done to obtain a SSI number, like I had committed some kind of fraud.

My Husband was queried as to why he had had 2 previous divorces, who was he working for when he had plainly explained he was unemployed currently. He tried to patiently explain that he was busy volunteering helping seniors and handicapped fill forms to help them get a IL State grant benefits that help them with some medical, bus, and rent or living costs that helps low-income situations.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX asked why my Husband had not filled his income taxes for the year 2011.

I tried to say that I supposed it was that he was still waiting for the income statements to come in. She starred unbelievingly at me. By now I was feeling crushed and confused and I had been fighting a severe headache that had turned into a migraine.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX then typed a number of statements the way she was hearing them. and asked me to sign an affidavit making a declaration of the same.

I read them and realized that these were partial truth and far from the real situation. I hesitated and I was told I had the option of not signing. I was wanting to comply, but not willing to say that her statements were the whole of the events. In the end I made a choice not to sign at this time due to it being incomplete and too open.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

March 10, 2011 we got to the EAD interview in Des Moines, Ia

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX called me in on my own and swore me in, She asked preliminary questions of identity.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX asked how I had procured a SSN number, in a tone which implied I had obtained it fraudulently and also demanded to know what I had done to get an Iowa Driver's License.

I replied that because I was needed to drive my Mother In Law to various appointments due to critical health and because my Canadian DR/L was about to expire I followed the protocol by applying for a SSN which would be denied and with the letter of denial, a copy of our Marriage License, and with evidence that I was applying for immigration I was granted a 6 month permit.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX asked me if we had had a lawyer prepare our package for us.

My reply to her was no we did it ourselves, at which USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX starred at me incredulously.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX asked if I had ever been denied entrance

I replied yes to which she demanded circumstances.

It was an unusual situation when I was with a friend.

She was driving a u-haul rented in her name; I was along.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX wanted a full story, but she kept interjecting other questions and derailing my thoughts. It felt like she was seeking ways to trip me up and contradict myself. I really felt USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX was impatient because I would begin to answer a question and she would ask another before I could even finish answering the first one.

The following is what I intended to convey but was not able to

My friend was returning to her US home with a combination of stuff she bought, stuff I gave her, and some sentimental items from my past that I treasured and hoped that she could store and keep for me until I could turn my life around.

I am musical and had been invited to participate in the Mid-West BIX Music festival, and I had taken the steps to have return tickets attached to all of the things that belonged to me, and I had my instruments as well as bedding, clothes and what-all for a 3 month trip. I hitched a ride with her as I would be staying with her the duration. My plans were to enjoy myself fully, return to Canada to my work, and take some of my equipment, and return to my friends by car before fall to visit again, play a bit with new friends and bring the rest of my stuff back at that time. I was very worried that I would not be seen as trying to bring my stuff as purchased in the US and end up having to pay duty on my Canadian property.

Our stuff was all mixed in the truck.

Yes we were naive, because the crossing border was not impressed and we got separated. I sat in a hot dry office, and I had a raging migraine. I sat there for over 5 hours without even a bathroom break or a glass of water. I was fingerprinted and was questioned over and over about what were my intentions, and I found out later that my friend had been asked if she was trying to import me as a nanny?! (She had/never would have kids. . a medical certainty.)

They confiscated some items they said were paraphernalia, a wooden herb grinder, a glass pipe and another piece I thought was a vase, they called a bong and then told us they were turning the truck around and that with that current arrangement I was not allowed to enter the USA with my friend.

The confiscated items had belonged to my friend. My friend was allowed to cross over, but not with me we were told.

We returned to Canada, we slept in a motel in Brandon that night and pondered what to do. We were both very tired but arose the next day and I decided to return to BC by bus. My friend's husband, said he did not mind storing my stuff because it would be safe and I could drive up and retrieve it by car when I could. My friend dropped me off at the Greyhound bus depot and she made her way to return to cross alone, but was denied again. She returned to her home by flight.

Approximately 2 weeks after the incident I had already located a job and a place to live Mr Montoya from the Brandon Crossing called me personally to verify that I was in Canada. He also told me that I had been in a proper state with my possessions in that when they had investigated the contents of the truck on the following day that he had found all the return tickets attached to my possessions that I was planning to return with. He asked what I was planning to do next I did tell him that I was going to stay where I was and continue working because I was running short of funds and would not be traveling for some time.

Because I lived only a few miles along the Canada/Us border the opportunity came when I was wishing to cross to the USA to do some shopping there and the first time I crossed I asked an officer if I had permission to enter because I had been denied once. Where upon he looked up some information and told me there would not be any problems. I crossed back and forth as often as twice a week. Not once was there ever any stamp or any paper given at any of the times of crossing.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX wanted more proof of an existing relationship.

Before I could answer or do anything she also stated that if there wasn't anything that wasn't in our package to them that she didn't have time to see it, nor was she interested. I asked her for permission to place my notebook on her desk to show her additional wedding photos, and the actual affidavits and other documentation.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX stopped momentarily on a collection of Media com statements that my Husband and I had together at his house in Illinios, (which had just been sold of Jan 2011) from the year 2009. She drilled me as to why we would have been paying utilities and services for a house in which we had not lived in for over 2 years. She did not believe me when I said yes we had because we had occasionally been able to spend a night now and then and we went there to have lunch during the work week. USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX just shook her head and told me that this interview was not going very well for me.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX eventually dismissed me and called in my Husband

After a short while I was called in together with my Husband. my Husband asked if he could be excused to use the washroom, and he was told it was ok so he left. my Husband's Doctor has him on 2 prescriptions for high blood pressure, which after waiting over an hour after our appointed time was almost longer than he was able to wait

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX seemed bent of twisting our replies and telling us we were inconsistent.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX then informed me that my Husband had just reported that the contents were mostly mine and that he had agreed to store it for me. To which I agreed that much of it had been but that I had already given her ownership, so I considered it hers except for the items I needed, which was primarily my musical equipment.. so not a good situation here also.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX informed me that the Border Patrol has weighted a measure in ounces of marijuana seed within the contents and that there was a bong and a grinder! And she said she had the report. We were not shown the report, however.

I tried to explain that while much of it had been mine I had surrendered it to my friend.

Also, any seeds that I knew of were mixes of flower and vegetable seeds, many of which I had gathered. My friend was an avid gardener and was happy to use my collection The glassware that had been confiscated were collector items we had purchased for the beauty of the blown glass. Which in fact is true. Neither of us had made any attempt to hide them. The herb grinder had beautiful carvings inscribed. I saw it as decorative and possibly useful for shredding herbs for teas, etc.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX seemed to think I was making it up, and told me that this was not going well for me. .

From there,, everything we said was called into question. I was asked how and why I had obtained an Iowa Dr License., and what I had done to obtain a SSI number, like I had committed some kind of fraud.

My Husband was queried as to why he had had 2 previous divorces, who was he working for when he had plainly explained he was unemployed currently. He tried to patiently explain that he was busy volunteering helping seniors and handicapped fill forms to help them get a IL State grant benefits that help them with some medical, bus, and rent or living costs that helps low-income situations.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX asked why my Husband had not filled his income taxes for the year 2011.

I tried to say that I supposed it was that he was still waiting for the income statements to come in. She starred unbelievingly at me. By now I was feeling crushed and confused and I had been fighting a severe headache that had turned into a migraine.

USIS Officer XXXXXXXXXXXX then typed a number of statements the way she was hearing them. and asked me to sign an affidavit making a declaration of the same.

I read them and realized that these were partial truth and far from the real situation. I hesitated and I was told I had the option of not signing. I was wanting to comply, but not willing to say that her statements were the whole of the events. In the end I made a choice not to sign at this time due to it being incomplete and too open.

So were you guys approved or not ? and this interview was for green card or EAD as you said?

11/8/10: Medical exam

11/12/10:Get married

11/19/10: I-693 sealed.It means my chest x ray is fine :)

11/20/10: Package [ I-130,I-485,I-765] sent to Lockbox

11/22/10 [Day 1]: Delivered there

11/29/10 [Day 7]: Return receipt from USPS

12/13/10 [Day 21]: Texts and email received [ after 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

12/16/10 [Day 24]: Snail copy received

12/18/10 [Day 26]: Every single form touched

12/20/10 [Day 28]: Biometrics letter received

1/13/11 [Day 51]: Biometrics done

1/24/11 [Day 62]: Biometrcis appointment received AGAIN.!!!!!!!!!I was like #######

2/04/11 [Day 72]: Second biometrics done

2/15/11 [Day 83]: EAD in production.

2/18/11 [Day 86]: Interview letter received, set for March 21

2/22/11 [Day 90]: EAD mailed out.

2/25/11 [Day 93]: EAD received

3/21/11 [Day 118]: Interview but left with no decision ToT

3/31/11 [Day 128]: RFE regarding police clearance

4/13/11 [Day 141]: RFE sent

4/19/11 [Day 147]: Card in production

4/22/11 [Day 150]: Welcome2USA letter received

It took 5 stressful months exactly.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So were you guys approved or not ? and this interview was for green card or EAD as you said?

Nothing was indicated. . I have an authorization to work but I have not made use of it yet, I am wondering if that will be in my favor to work or not, because I also got harassed when I relied to the officer that the reason I married was so I could get a job? I said "no- I married for love!"

I miss-spoke as I am prone to do . . . because the interview was for adjustment of status. . . sorry for confusing you.

we were not handed anything

I believe the officer said something about sending the file to Chicago or another interview

we are afraid of the worst or do we start on a 601 now?

Because of the way I am. . .and usually on media I can carefully edit things out and look perfect. . .well almost!. . but in the real I am somewhat dyslexic in many things I do. . so I understand that this isn't looking good part. . it sounds doubtful

would anyone suggest trying to add a letter of explanation etc?

Edited by 2annie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Do they ask to see all the immigrations letter you get at the interview ( mostly the biometrics one with the stamps? )

7/28/04 we met

10/ /06 started dating long distance, not fun

7/15/08 we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy

11/11/10 we got married in amazing Santa Barbara

11/17/10 mailed I 130, I 131, AP and EAD

11/25/10 package received

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

12/11/10 NOA hard copies in the mail

01/ /11 biometrics walk in successful in Oxnard

02/07/11 EAD in production, AP post decision activity

02/11/11 AP in hand

02/14/11 EAD in the mail!!!!!!!

02/17/11 EAD in hand + applied for SSN

04/13/11 Interview and Approval letter, card in production!!!

Thank you visa journey!

Do they ask to see all the immigrations letter you get at the interview ( mostly the biometrics one with the stamps? )

in my case, they only saw the appointment letter for the interview. they did not ask the biometrics one. I do not have EAD or AP. they did not ask neither.

Edited by goro

<AOS>

11/20 (DAY 0): sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (USPS priority mail)

11/22 (DAY 2): delivered

12/2 (DAY 12): received NOA (e-mai)

12/3 (DAY 13): touched (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/6 (DAY 16): received NOA (hard copy)

12/14 (DAY 24): received biometric appointment letter (schedule: 01/04/2011)

12/23 (DAY 33): biometric done (walk-in)

1/10 (DAY 51): received interview appointment letter (issued: 01/05/2011) (schedule: 02/08/2011)

2/7 (DAY 79): received e-mail for EAD (production) and AP (post decision)

2/8 (DAY 80): interview

2/10 (DAY82): received RFE for I-485 (issued: 02/08/2011, due date: 03/09/2011)

2/11 (DAY83): sent the documentation for RFE

2/12 (DAY84): received AP

2/14 (DAY86): received approval letter for I-130 (issued: 02/09/2011)

2/16 (DAY88): received EAD

2/23 (DAY95): called USCIS (Useless)

3/2 (DAY102): infopass in the morning (The officer told me my case became post decision activity in their internal sysyem on Mar. 1st.) received e-mail in the afternoon, GC production order.

3/7 (DAY107): received WELCOME LETTER

3/11 (DAY111): received GC

<ROC>

12/4 (DAY 0): sent I-751 (USPS priority mail)

12/6 (DAY 2): delivered

12/7 (DAY 3): NOA

12/12 (DAY 8): received NOA (hard copy)

12/17 (DAY 13): received biometric appointment letter (schedule: 01/04/2013)

12/18 (DAY 14): biometric done (walk-in) due to travel schedule

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

They did not ask to see the biometrics letter...nor the EAD actually. Just the interview letter which you will place in the box and not get back. Good luck!! When is your interview?

02/21/99 Hubby entered with F1 student visa D/S

May 2002 He stopped attending school because he couldn't afford it any longer.

03?/2002 USC sibling I-130 petition

02/2009 Met hubby

08/2009 Sibling petition approved but ineligible to adjust status due to overstay

07/10 Married :)

11/22/10 [day 0]- mailed AOS packet!! should be there by noon 11/23/2010

12/3/10 [day 11]- received email/text notification of acceptance from USCIS

12/3/10 hubby surprised me with a trip to Los Angeles for my birthday...no problems :)

12/6/10 [day 14]- received hard copy NOA1 in mail

12/7/10 [day 15]- checks cashed...ouch

12/15/10 [day 23]- rec'd biometrics appt set for Dec. 28th at 10 am! :)

12/28/10 [day 36]- successful biometrics appt

01/27/11 [day 66]- rec'd interview appt set for March 10th at 10 am :)

02/25/11 [day 95]- rec'd EAD

03/10/11 [day 109]- Interview, Green card approved!! :)

Next Step: Removing conditions in 2 years.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I wodner if I am the only one not yet having the EAD or even the Biometric appointment?

04/2006 - came to US as L1 employee

04/2010 - got married

11/2010 - submitted AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765)

05/2011 - Welcome letter arrived in the mail

11/2017 - Filed for naturalization (Online Houston office)

11/2017 - Biometrics

06/2018 - Interview (passed)

06/2018 - Case approved notification

just received interview date for April 19th.

08/26/2010 - Married

11/02/2010 - AOS Packet (485, 130, 765) sent to Chicago lockbox

11/05/2010-Received in Chicago

11/15/2010- Received 3 hard copies NOA1 (485, 130, 765) dated 11/09/2010

12/6/2010- Received RFE to prove we meet the 125% of the poverty line. (Currently waiting to file taxes and send this information in.)

12/25/2010- Received Biometrics letter dated 12.21.2010 for Appt 1/18/2011

1/6/2011- Successful Walk-In Biometrics

2/17/2011- Responded to RFE

3/10/2011- Received email that Work Permit card production has been ordered

3/14/2011- Interview notice for April 19th received(Mailed march 11)

Timeline

Nothing was indicated. . I have an authorization to work but I have not made use of it yet, I am wondering if that will be in my favor to work or not, because I also got harassed when I relied to the officer that the reason I married was so I could get a job? I said "no- I married for love!"

I miss-spoke as I am prone to do . . . because the interview was for adjustment of status. . . sorry for confusing you.

we were not handed anything

I believe the officer said something about sending the file to Chicago or another interview

we are afraid of the worst or do we start on a 601 now?

Because of the way I am. . .and usually on media I can carefully edit things out and look perfect. . .well almost!. . but in the real I am somewhat dyslexic in many things I do. . so I understand that this isn't looking good part. . it sounds doubtful

would anyone suggest trying to add a letter of explanation etc?

I think you should post your situation in the forum AOS from work, tourist visa... so that experienced members could help you. I'm sorry for your situation though.>.< It makes me more nervous for my interview coming up.

1/24/11 [Day 62]: Biometrcis appointment received AGAIN.!!!!!!!!!I was like #######

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

TIm I don't know I think you should call

My interview is on April 13th

7/28/04 we met

10/ /06 started dating long distance, not fun

7/15/08 we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy

11/11/10 we got married in amazing Santa Barbara

11/17/10 mailed I 130, I 131, AP and EAD

11/25/10 package received

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

12/11/10 NOA hard copies in the mail

01/ /11 biometrics walk in successful in Oxnard

02/07/11 EAD in production, AP post decision activity

02/11/11 AP in hand

02/14/11 EAD in the mail!!!!!!!

02/17/11 EAD in hand + applied for SSN

04/13/11 Interview and Approval letter, card in production!!!

Thank you visa journey!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband received his green card today. Just 8 days after interview!

Jan 1995- Dh ewi for the second time

July 1998- DH married first wife

July 1998- Ex-wife filed i-130

Aug1998- i130 approved

March 2003- We got married!

Nov 2009- Filed i130

March 2010- i130 approved

Aug 2010-Oct26 2010- Found lawyer, she's helping us apply under 245i

Sent AOS Packet

Nov 14, 2010- USCIS received the AOS packet

Nov 22,2010- NOA 1-797C Received

Jan 18,2011- Biometrics appt

Jan 25, 2011- EAD Card Ordered!!

Feb 2, 2011- EAD Card Received!

March 10, 2011- Interview Approved!

March 18, 2011- Received Green Card!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

We finally got the Biometric letter.

The appoinment is for the 4th of next month.

Interesting that the letter had been send out very close to the time when the office of our Congressman inquired about the status of my application.

Also was the information provided that my EAD had been approved, but is waiting for the information from Biometrics before ot can go into production.

04/2006 - came to US as L1 employee

04/2010 - got married

11/2010 - submitted AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765)

05/2011 - Welcome letter arrived in the mail

11/2017 - Filed for naturalization (Online Houston office)

11/2017 - Biometrics

06/2018 - Interview (passed)

06/2018 - Case approved notification

I think you should post your situation in the forum AOS from work, tourist visa... so that experienced members could help you. I'm sorry for your situation though.>.< It makes me more nervous for my interview coming up.

Hey xxtinaxx,

How was your interview? Hope it went well!

Nov. 5: Sent AOS Package

Nov 17: AOS received by USCIS

April 1: INTERVIEW DAY. Approved!!!!!!

Early June: Moved to New York City. The only relevant city in the world ;)

Timeline

Hey xxtinaxx,

How was your interview? Hope it went well!

I dont have decision yet. The officer who interviewed me looks like Mexican-ish. She didn't smile AT ALL during the interview. She asked us a few questions real fast. I mean we didn't have enough time to answer one question properly yet she moved on to another one =.=. I kinda messed up since I didn't understand what she was talking about when she said some name in my language with her ACCENT. After 3 times of trying to understand what she said, I said it was my dad's name because it sounded SIMILAR to his name. But turned out it wasn't. I really misunderstood >.<. And finally she asked if I had anything to submit to her. I turned in our tax return of 2010, the letter from my mom in law stating that we've been living with her for free, my co-sponsor's amended I-864 plus his latest paychecks and my I-94. Then she walked us to the door and didn't say anything whether we were approved or denied. After all, it was NOT good experience for both of us since we were so nervous that we kinda messed up plus we didn't have too many evidences. To be honest, I'm SO worried. We've been living with each every single day since I came here, except the time we are at work. I'm REALLY worried right now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Tina, I'm so sorry to hear that your interview experience was not good! Have you received any news yet such as email or online status? I hope you hear something soon!

02/21/99 Hubby entered with F1 student visa D/S

May 2002 He stopped attending school because he couldn't afford it any longer.

03?/2002 USC sibling I-130 petition

02/2009 Met hubby

08/2009 Sibling petition approved but ineligible to adjust status due to overstay

07/10 Married :)

11/22/10 [day 0]- mailed AOS packet!! should be there by noon 11/23/2010

12/3/10 [day 11]- received email/text notification of acceptance from USCIS

12/3/10 hubby surprised me with a trip to Los Angeles for my birthday...no problems :)

12/6/10 [day 14]- received hard copy NOA1 in mail

12/7/10 [day 15]- checks cashed...ouch

12/15/10 [day 23]- rec'd biometrics appt set for Dec. 28th at 10 am! :)

12/28/10 [day 36]- successful biometrics appt

01/27/11 [day 66]- rec'd interview appt set for March 10th at 10 am :)

02/25/11 [day 95]- rec'd EAD

03/10/11 [day 109]- Interview, Green card approved!! :)

Next Step: Removing conditions in 2 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.