Danno

The Country is up for grabs

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gary you are one of the brave souls who have been putting out your projections in actual numbers.

As their may yet be some fine tuning before you make your final call, post em in your signature line before tues so we can see how close you come.

Dems will lose 76 seats in the house and 8 seats in the Senate. They will maintain control of the Senate (unless something really freaky happens in Washington AND California simultaneously) They will not have a filibuster prrof majority and will not be able to get anything controversial passed.

I think they will lose MORE THAN 500 cumulative seats in state legislatures across the country.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Great, it's finally official: America is the country of slackers. The country where doing nothing is rewarded. Awesome. I gotta talk to my boss on Wednesday and suggest that forthwith I will say no to everything and anything that is proposed and that I would expect a promotion coming my way in short order as a result of my all American approach.

Timeline

Great, it's finally official: America is the country of slackers. The country where doing nothing is rewarded. Awesome. I gotta talk to my boss on Wednesday and suggest that forthwith I will say no to everything and anything that is proposed and that I would expect a promotion coming my way in short order as a result of my all American approach.

Hope that works out for you. If he is Republican, wait until Wednesday, he will be in a good mood.

Dems will lose. :dance:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Well, if it doesn't I just join the GOP. I certainly qualify. Watch this: NO, NO, NO.

See? I can easily run for office on a GOP ticket.

And you would win with that strategy.

Gary And Alla

Thank goodness all of our problems will be solved starting Wednesday morning. I can hardly wait.

Thank goodness it starts on Wednesday is more like it.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

And THIS is why I am glad the Dems will lose. The Libertarians need to seize the opportunity of kicking the "established" parties in the teeth. The Dems get theirs now, the Repubs are next. It is about time we say "Enough is enough". The only time we will get any progress is when one party or another must SEEK the co-operation of others and that will never happen if there are only two parties changing the lead. Until then, one will try and force their agenda down the throat of the other and the other will resist.

Actually Grid-lock aint so bad at times.

I mean just think if we had grid-lock when Obama passed that Bill which gave him gazillions to spend on "Shovel ready jobs".... that never existed.

Think of the money it can save.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Well, if it doesn't I just join the GOP. I certainly qualify. Watch this: NO, NO, NO.

See? I can easily run for office on a GOP ticket.

Just so we all understand what you are saying...

1. Democrats want to make all our lives better and have been trying to pass legislation to do so. So we elected them to control the legislative branch in 2006.

2. Democrats have been UNABLE to pass legislation to make all our lives better because Republicans STOPPED them from doing so.

Am I following you so far?

So now we are going to kick the Democrats out and elect Republicans that want to make all our lives worse?

That's what you are saying, right? Can you possibly be serious?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It won't make things any better for most of us anyway. Dream on.

That's because government CANNOT make things better for most people. Only people DEPENDENT on government, people CONTROLLED by government can have better or worse lives based on which party is elected. The rest of us can make our own lives better or worse all by ourselves.

Gary And Alla

That's because government CANNOT make things better for most people. Only people DEPENDENT on government, people CONTROLLED by government can have better or worse lives based on which party is elected. The rest of us can make our own lives better or worse all by ourselves.

Then why do you care who is elected?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Then why do you care who is elected?

Because in their effort to "make things better".... Dems so often make things worse.

Agreed the GOP can do this too, but with the Dems, it's their battle plan, their source of pride, their commitment.

IF you need examples, let me know.

William Penn

Because in their effort to "make things better".... Dems so often make things worse.

Agreed the GOP can do this too, but with the Dems, it's their battle plan, their source of pride, their commitment.

IF you need examples, let me know.

If you believe that the GOP is any different, I give up. Neither group does what's best for the country, only what's best for their stupid party line. They don't serve the people, they serve their party.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

If you believe that the GOP is any different, I give up. Neither group does what's best for the country, only what's best for their stupid party line. They don't serve the people, they serve their party.

A little simplistic in my opinion.

Is it "good for the people" that people be allowed to carry concealed firearms?

Depends on who you ask.

And so it is with many many issues.

Each party tries to move in the direction which is good for the country in their view.

The democrats in my life certainly want the country to do well ... I don't doubt that.... we just don't always agree what "doing well" means.. or the best way to get there.

William Penn

A little simplistic in my opinion.

Is it "good for the people" that people be allowed to carry concealed firearms?

Depends on who you ask.

And so it is with many many issues.

Each party tries to move in the direction which is good for the country in their view.

The democrats in my life certainly want the country to do well ... I don't doubt that.... we just don't always agree what "doing well" means.. or the best way to get there.

So if the GOP wanted to do what's best for the country they would voice some input into the current affairs instead if saying no on every issue. Perhaps come up with a proposal or two and some compromise could be made? You can't get two people to agree about everything let alone every member of Congress.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015