Chris M

Please help! Med exam told my fiancee she could not go to interview because she did not have her adolescent vaccination records!!!!! She never went

142 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Looks like I’m a minority in here. Never sent or was needed to send any cash. She has a comparable salary over there to mine. I’m sure she would gladly accept any money if I ever offered. Not happening though :no:

This year alone, she had two flat tires and a road collision. She went over to Rome and Milan for summer vacation. She handled the flats on her own by limping to a service station and argued back and forth with the guy who ran into her car until the police showed up 2 hours later. She got the Italy visas for herself/friend at the embassy after a little trouble. But she did succeed.

They are not all dumb bunnies over there. A lot of it is acting I’m thinking :whistle:

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Next time, just call your bank when that happens. There's even a special collect number on the back for when you're outside of the US.

Next time I'm telling them the end date is the "End of Days" when Gabriel blows his trumpet. I'll be there permanently in Dec.

I had plenty to get through the last weekend in my back up acct. I was just a bit flustered til I figured out the problem.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Nice solution. I'll have to try that through my credit union. Mailing the ATM card will make me nervous even with password protection.

Thanks for the idea!

Be careful with this. I did the same. Worked for a while and then my ban called ans said..Gee, you are in Ukraine and Russia a lot...what gives? Oh, it is just my fiancee using my account...it is OK.

Um...NO it wasn't ok, they immediately cancelled the card and nearly cancelled my account. Such behavior is strictly forbidden as it is an ideal way to feed money to terrorists it seems. She needed to be added to the account and to do that she had to be HERE in person.

We have now done a similar thing for our son, but he opened his own account when he was IN PERSON and rather than send him money, we just deposit it to his account.

I have heard of people using overseas internet banks to do this. Not sure of the legality.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

See I am really trying to give here the benefit of the doubt too. I don't want to be all investigative on her, but at the same time I need to ask her, but also do the leg work myself. She is 11 hours ahead of me here in PA, so when she was leaving for the airport we talked for 10 minutes at 4 in the afternoon here, 0300 her time. She was going to the airport. It is about an hour train ride, and her plane was leaving early. I can ask her for her ticket, but this could tick her off a little. I think it would tick me off as well.

I mean she arrived Wednesday sometime and then had to find the medical building and do a physical, then be ready for an interview the next day and find the embassy. The problem with calling the clinic is I do not speak Russian. so might be a little useless. ha ha. I would have much rather went a day or two in advance as well, but she works hard, and I know she got to Kemerovo late last night, then went to work today.

I think the biggest thing now is not to question her trust, but to question what we need to do now. Of course I have questions of why this and why that, but what's done is done and we both have to work through this and get to the next step. So tonight I will call the embassy and try to get her interview rescheduled, not worry about the vaccination record, or maybe even ask them about this, maybe think about going to Moscow to meet up with her, and just try to work through this. I think I am getting warped with thinking she is not being true when I know she is. I do not have ALL the facts just yet, so I think I need to get these first and move from there.

Well as far as I can see THIS is the last post by Chris about all this. It's on page 3 of what is now a 7 page thread.

Did I miss something? Are you still trying to sort this out Chris?

За Жезни С Смехом

Timeline

What happened to the OP? :whistle: what do you think it means when the communication stops?

Slim, you really make me sound like I am a fool sometimes, or at least try to. Really c'mon. I live in the house also, y'know and it isn't like owning a modest, 50 year old, 3-2 ONE car garage home is extravagant or even rare in America. I do ALL the improvement work myself so we get a lot for our remodel $$$ She had a perfectly good and nice 3 room flat in Donetsk and a great job paying about 5 times the national average income when I met her (she was traveling for business in Prague when we met) Is she supposed to take a cut in living standard? I mean I am GOOD and a real catch, no doubt, but I am not THAT good. :lol: (don't be spreading that around, just between you and me though) I am not even rich or even "wealthy" I do not even work full time. I make enough to cover our expenses from being semi-retired and have more time for the family that way. We are a typical middle class family, and Alla's education is so I can retire and she can provide for us and finally be able to do what she really wants to do...teach. She could have done that in Ukraine for $200 per month and her family could starve.

Alla needed a car and a Solstice is no more expensive (and a lot less expensive) than many typical compact cars. Compare them to a Honda Civic, for example. It is not a Corvette ZR! :lol: It is actually a very basic car, nothing fancy at all, it only looks good on the outside. I have a pickup truck (company property) and a mini-van so why not a sports car for her to drive to school? I would bet that of the VJ members who have bought a car for their wife, the cost of Alla's is towards the bottom of the list. It only sounds more exotic than a Kia Rio.

I married a woman with children of school age and WE are putting them through college. Master's degrees minimum. She didn't "surprise" me with the children, I knew about them from about 2 minutes after I met her. It is OUR money. If we told the kids that they had to pay for their own education WE would have more money. But to MY way of thinking (and this is nothing new for ME) spending money on my family is number 1, not only in what pleasure it gives me, but in what I can do with my money. What better investment than to educate our children? Gold? Nope. What has a longer lasting and more enduring return on investment than a good education?

I never for a moment was concerned that Alla was "for real" but then I spent a of of time with her and the family before she came over.

Besides, all that calling and texting was before she got any of that good stuff.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Things are good here. We talked about it, and apparently the doctor would not let her get a physical at all. She was very detailed in the story, and I was not in her shoes, so we are moving forward now. she was very depressed, and I am sure if i was there for her things may have gone differently. I sent emails to the embassy to get the interview rescheduled, and actually am calling in an hour to see what the status is. I called yesterday, and they said to call 24 hours later. So I'm calling to see what happened. However I am going to talk to Tanya about going to Moscow to be with her the next time. It's only right I am there for her.

So we are just going to work through this. We were hoping for Christmas, but there's always next Christmas. :)

Timeline

Another thing...and I may be way out there, but OK I will say this. When I arrived in Ukraine I thought perhaps I was on another planet, one ruled by Dr. Finetush. Before my ride came to pick me up TWO very hot, impossibly young, girls had offered to be my "Ukraine wife" and mentioned that they "make good sex and make good cook" Uh-huh. Voooowhat??????

I think a lot of Americans get over there and meet these women and just faint away dead and cannot believe their incredible luck and then lower their standards because, after all, she IS REALLY HOT! Judging from the OPs thumbnail photo...yes indeedy do! BUT, there is no reason to tolerate a bunch of BS, waiting 5 days for communications, etc. There are 23 million more where she came from and there are millions and millions of really HOT and really sincere women in the FSU that would just love to be devoted to a good man. And while I make no judgements about age difference and such, it is my opinion that a middle aged guy that gets blown over by the 23 year old that wants to be his wife would do better to look for the really beautiful 40 something woman that is stil 10 years younger than him. Just IMHO. I am sure there are lots and lots of sincere, beautiful young women...I just think the odds are better with a more mature woman. No offense intended to anyone.

I mean, if you do not think that this woman is prepared to devote her life to you and literally GIVE herself to you, then RUN. Because THAT is what a good FSU woman does, unconditionally. She only expects the same of you and that is the way to be married in my book. It is also what attracts a lot of American men.

The amazing thing is not that Alla called me three times per day on my dime (she usually texted me or rang my phone and hung up, then I called back) but that she found the time while working 12 hours per day (or more) and caring for her children and home. The last phone call was when she was in bed and nearly dead tired to say "good night" And Lord help me if I ever missed a call, because she never did.

As for Lviv Lovers, I would have sent thousands to her if she needed it, she didn't and didn't ask, but I would not have blinked at the idea. (the amount Lviv Lover sent was more than Alla's Solstice cost)

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Things are good here. We talked about it, and apparently the doctor would not let her get a physical at all. She was very detailed in the story, and I was not in her shoes, so we are moving forward now. she was very depressed, and I am sure if i was there for her things may have gone differently. I sent emails to the embassy to get the interview rescheduled, and actually am calling in an hour to see what the status is. I called yesterday, and they said to call 24 hours later. So I'm calling to see what happened. However I am going to talk to Tanya about going to Moscow to be with her the next time. It's only right I am there for her.

So we are just going to work through this. We were hoping for Christmas, but there's always next Christmas. :)

Good luck. I suggest you go along for the interview if possible. I always suggest that.

Gary And Alla

OK, I just got off the phone with the embassy, and the girl said we needed to send the documents to them, and a reason as to why we need to reschedule the interview. I did not understand this, and the person helping me did not know much, and tried to hang up the phone with me several times. Tanya was sent the papers a month or so ago for her to fill out and take with her to the interview. Although I took everyone's advice and printed these and did them ourselves. So she has them in her possession now, but it sounds like we need to send these to the embassy. I was given the fax number, so I am guessing we can send them that way. Tanya already completed these, so we might only have to send them in, and tell them why we need to reschedule.

Does this make sense? The girl was very nice, but very excited to get off the phone with me. ha ha. I understand she is just the "messenger," but there was not much information. I am hoping my assumption is right. let me know.

My concern is, will the documents get sent back to the USA if we do not do this soon? I am looking at my NOA 2 now and it says the approval notice is good from July 30 to November 30. I imagine after this date the petition would get sent back to the USA. So we essentially have a month to get this scheduled? although what happens if the interview is scheduled past November 30, which I think will probably happen. Uh oh. Although maybe once you have the interview scheduled I imagine they would hold on to the documents. I guess we will have to work fast since we are on a time crunch now. Any thoughts?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My concern is, will the documents get sent back to the USA if we do not do this soon? I am looking at my NOA 2 now and it says the approval notice is good from July 30 to November 30. I imagine after this date the petition would get sent back to the USA. So we essentially have a month to get this scheduled? although what happens if the interview is scheduled past November 30, which I think will probably happen. Uh oh. Although maybe once you have the interview scheduled I imagine they would hold on to the documents. I guess we will have to work fast since we are on a time crunch now. Any thoughts?

The NOA2 is past you now; the Embassy has full control of the petition and the NOA2 date is meaningless.

I'd fax them all the documents she has and resked that interview as I've sent you some sample statements and do that NOW!

The faxing and the rescheduling are separate entities. Call and follow up with an email today for the rescheduling and get Tanya to fax over her documents as soon as she can, like tomorrow. This is more important than her work!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

OK, I just got off the phone with the embassy, and the girl said we needed to send the documents to them, and a reason as to why we need to reschedule the interview. I did not understand this, and the person helping me did not know much, and tried to hang up the phone with me several times. Tanya was sent the papers a month or so ago for her to fill out and take with her to the interview. Although I took everyone's advice and printed these and did them ourselves. So she has them in her possession now, but it sounds like we need to send these to the embassy. I was given the fax number, so I am guessing we can send them that way. Tanya already completed these, so we might only have to send them in, and tell them why we need to reschedule.

Does this make sense? The girl was very nice, but very excited to get off the phone with me. ha ha. I understand she is just the "messenger," but there was not much information. I am hoping my assumption is right. let me know.

Yes the door is still wide open. You two need to move quickly just to show them that you are ready and serious. Any delays, to me, would indicate less of a desire to pursue this further.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Next time I'm telling them the end date is the "End of Days" when Gabriel blows his trumpet. I'll be there permanently in Dec.

I had plenty to get through the last weekend in my back up acct. I was just a bit flustered til I figured out the problem.

You'll still get wired for fraud, though, if you take out a large sum of money in Ukraine at once, like to pay rent or whatever. I end up calling Fraud Services every month.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

Too bad I don't speak Russian. I would move there and open up shop as a private investigator for K1 folks :lol: You said you were taking a new job so attending the interview is probably out of the question.

I'm sure her story was believable. I hope she wasn't just feeding you with what you wanted to hear. Care to fill us in on the details?

Timeline

You'll still get wired for fraud, though, if you take out a large sum of money in Ukraine at once, like to pay rent or whatever. I end up calling Fraud Services every month.

Actually the plan is (at Mila's suggestion) to save the bulk of my money and live on hers. I'd only be drawing $100-$200 every few weeks from my acct. I'll see just how long they'll accept for the end date. If they'll go for the card's expiration then I'd be all set.

Chris! Glad to hear things are getting sorted out. And I agree, go to the medical & interview with her just so they don't try pulling another fast one on her.

За Жезни С Смехом

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.