Techbrarian

Virginia AOS interview and biometrics

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My husband and I are filling out the I-175 and mailing on the 31st of October. I'm curious about WHERE our Interview and Biometrics thing will be conducted. We live in Western VA - Blacksburg. I'm guessing the interview is in Fairfax which is a 4.5 hour drive...yuck. Is there more than one place to do the Biometrics though? I'd rather not have to struggle to schedule them the same day or have to stay the night in the DC area.

Thanks for any info!

~Samantha & Metodi

Met online May 2006

Sam arrives in Sofia: December 08, 2007 (first kiss)

Married: December 21, 2007

Sam returns to US to continue grad school: January 08, 2008

USCIS HELL-JOURNEY

Sent off I-130 February 04, 2008, arrived and signed for February 5, 2008

NOA1 2/20/2008

Sam flys to Bulgaria again, this time to spend 2 months with Metodi 5/01/08 - 6/28/08

Case trasferred to CSC for processing 8/26/08

CASE APPROVED at CSC!!! 9/16/2008

NVC SLIGHTLY LESS HELLISH JOURNEY (BUT ONLY SLIGHTLY)

Paid I-864 fee online, Paid evil IV fee thingie

Metodi sends DSwhatever email making Sam AGENT007

ALL the DS230 and I-864 Docs are in hand, in order, and were mailed 11/5/2008!

I-864 and DS-230 packets delivered: 10:45 AM 11/06/08. Signed for by R AUSTIN.

RFE received in mail for Military Records (that cannot leave the country of Bulgaria!) 11/20/08

NVC finally figures out that their RFE was a mistake and CASE COMPLETE AT NVC 12/08/08

EMBASSY

Sam flew to Bulgaria for Metodi's interview. 01/23/09

Metodi Approved at Embassy in Sofia, Bulgaria 01/26/09

Metodi Received VISA and other documents 01/28/09

Metodi lands in USA, POE: Charlotte, NC 01/31/09

Metodi receives Green Card 02/23/09

Removing Conditions

Sent I-175 Nov 3, 2010

Package delivered Nov 04, 2010 SAINT ALBANS, VT to INS . Signed for by D RENAUD.

Nov 10, 2010 - USCIS cashed our check finally: AUTOMATED CHECK VSC FIELD OFFICE PAYMENT 1102 $545.00

NOA Received Nov 12 - Receipt Date on NOA - 11/05/10

Biometrics - 12/08/10 Charleston, WV Field Office

10yr Permanent Resident Card Issued - 3/18/11

Your biometrics and/or interview will be conducted at the local Application Support Center (ASC) determined by the address you listed in the I-485. (Although I have read a few posts that some members have managed to get their biometrics done at an ASC that is closer, without incident...not sure if you can do that with an interview).

You can enter the zip code of the address you put in the I-485 here to find out where your ASC is: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

Hi All,

My husband and I are filling out the I-175 and mailing on the 31st of October. I'm curious about WHERE our Interview and Biometrics thing will be conducted. We live in Western VA - Blacksburg. I'm guessing the interview is in Fairfax which is a 4.5 hour drive...yuck. Is there more than one place to do the Biometrics though? I'd rather not have to struggle to schedule them the same day or have to stay the night in the DC area.

Thanks for any info!

~Samantha & Metodi

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

when thay receive your 1-751 and cash your check..a week later thay will send you a receipt letter and a one year extension..next about three weeks later you will get a letter for your biometrics that letter will have the address where to go for your biometrics..and the date don't miss the date . and about the interview thay may no call you. thay only pick so many people. just hope you are not called...afer your biometrics you have to wait maybe 3 or 4 months pending if all is o.k you get your approval then thay send you aletter of approval and that your new green card will be sent.. your next step n-400 citizenship good luck.

Thank you! But, argghhh...it's Charleston, WV the only place I've ever gotten a traffic ticket. :D Glad it's not Fairfax though, Charleston IS closer.

Your biometrics and/or interview will be conducted at the local Application Support Center (ASC) determined by the address you listed in the I-485. (Although I have read a few posts that some members have managed to get their biometrics done at an ASC that is closer, without incident...not sure if you can do that with an interview).

You can enter the zip code of the address you put in the I-485 here to find out where your ASC is: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

Oh nice, I didn't know the Interview was not necessarily a requirement. Thank you so much for all the additional info. Excited to finish this up!

when thay receive your 1-751 and cash your check..a week later thay will send you a receipt letter and a one year extension..next about three weeks later you will get a letter for your biometrics that letter will have the address where to go for your biometrics..and the date don't miss the date . and about the interview thay may no call you. thay only pick so many people. just hope you are not called...afer your biometrics you have to wait maybe 3 or 4 months pending if all is o.k you get your approval then thay send you aletter of approval and that your new green card will be sent.. your next step n-400 citizenship good luck.

Met online May 2006

Sam arrives in Sofia: December 08, 2007 (first kiss)

Married: December 21, 2007

Sam returns to US to continue grad school: January 08, 2008

USCIS HELL-JOURNEY

Sent off I-130 February 04, 2008, arrived and signed for February 5, 2008

NOA1 2/20/2008

Sam flys to Bulgaria again, this time to spend 2 months with Metodi 5/01/08 - 6/28/08

Case trasferred to CSC for processing 8/26/08

CASE APPROVED at CSC!!! 9/16/2008

NVC SLIGHTLY LESS HELLISH JOURNEY (BUT ONLY SLIGHTLY)

Paid I-864 fee online, Paid evil IV fee thingie

Metodi sends DSwhatever email making Sam AGENT007

ALL the DS230 and I-864 Docs are in hand, in order, and were mailed 11/5/2008!

I-864 and DS-230 packets delivered: 10:45 AM 11/06/08. Signed for by R AUSTIN.

RFE received in mail for Military Records (that cannot leave the country of Bulgaria!) 11/20/08

NVC finally figures out that their RFE was a mistake and CASE COMPLETE AT NVC 12/08/08

EMBASSY

Sam flew to Bulgaria for Metodi's interview. 01/23/09

Metodi Approved at Embassy in Sofia, Bulgaria 01/26/09

Metodi Received VISA and other documents 01/28/09

Metodi lands in USA, POE: Charlotte, NC 01/31/09

Metodi receives Green Card 02/23/09

Removing Conditions

Sent I-175 Nov 3, 2010

Package delivered Nov 04, 2010 SAINT ALBANS, VT to INS . Signed for by D RENAUD.

Nov 10, 2010 - USCIS cashed our check finally: AUTOMATED CHECK VSC FIELD OFFICE PAYMENT 1102 $545.00

NOA Received Nov 12 - Receipt Date on NOA - 11/05/10

Biometrics - 12/08/10 Charleston, WV Field Office

10yr Permanent Resident Card Issued - 3/18/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Interview may be required if the USCIS is not satisfied with the supporting evidence you attached with your application. Your biometrics will take place at the nearest ASC. Following that will be either a decision or an interview. Good Luck.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Doesn't it say on the biometrics form the location of your biometrics' field office?

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.