scotlyn

how to obtain police clearance from malaysia

16 posts in this topic

hello all,

just want to ask to the members if anyone in here get a police clearance from malaysia? i work before in malaysia last 2001-2003 i do think that i had to submit a police clearance when my interview came is that right? i use to work in malaysia when i was still single now am already married to a wonderful american husband..we dont have a sched yet on my interview because we are still on second stage in which after 15 days we are going to have a NOA from NVC. i just want to be prepare all the documents. my question is if i ask a police clearance from malaysia do i have to ask use my single name or my married name? please give me some idea and where to get a good moral conduct? i dont havea good relation on my previous boss.. can i ask a good moral conduct from the malaysian embassy in manila?

hope i can have some answer.

yours truly,

scotlyn

Got the following information from the US Department of State Reciprocity Table for Malaysia: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3615

Police Records

Available. Both Malaysians and non-Malaysians who have resided in Malaysia for a period of more than one year may apply for a Malaysian certificate of good conduct.

Applicants residing in Malaysia should submit their applications to:

Consular Division

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia

Wisma Putra

No. 1 Jalan Wisma Putra

Precinct 2

62602 Putrajaya

Selangor

Tel: 6-03-8887-4000

Applicants residing outside Malaysia should contact the nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate in their country of current residence. The application form for the Malaysian Certificate of Good Conduct, as well as the addresses and telephone numbers of Malaysian Missions abroad are available the the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs web site at www.klm.gov.my.

Applications for the Certificate of Good Conduct must be accompanied with the following documents:

2 Malaysian passport size photographs (40cm x 55cm);

2 copies of the applicant's Malaysian identification card;

2 copies of the applicant's passport (for non-Malaysians, copies of all passport pages);

A self-addressed stamped envelope;

An introduction letter from the employer (for non-Malaysians).

Processing fee of Malaysian ringgit 20.00 in cash or Malaysian postal order made under the name of Akauntan Negara Malaysia.

Processing time for the certificate is one to two months from the date of submission. The certificate of good conduct will be forwarded to the applicant using their self-addressed stamped envelope. The certificate may also be collected by the applicant at the consular division counter.

hello all,

just want to ask to the members if anyone in here get a police clearance from malaysia? i work before in malaysia last 2001-2003 i do think that i had to submit a police clearance when my interview came is that right? i use to work in malaysia when i was still single now am already married to a wonderful american husband..we dont have a sched yet on my interview because we are still on second stage in which after 15 days we are going to have a NOA from NVC. i just want to be prepare all the documents. my question is if i ask a police clearance from malaysia do i have to ask use my single name or my married name? please give me some idea and where to get a good moral conduct? i dont havea good relation on my previous boss.. can i ask a good moral conduct from the malaysian embassy in manila?

hope i can have some answer.

yours truly,

scotlyn

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there,

I got my Malaysian Police Certificate in Malaysia so I went and apply directly to Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Malaysia through our company liason officer.The information given by " Marriedtomrg" is correct. Make sure you need to apply quickly as the waiting time is too long..normally I waited 1 month and make sure you write and double check your name as this will cause any delayed on the processing..My previous colleague had some issues on the spelling of his family Name and also he is a guy but they put it MS..so it took him another months again make sure you also write correctly your purpose for " US Visa " as they need longer days to process than other Asian countries.

Just to note, the passport size is malaysian passport size with blue background ( ligther than our Phils passort).Check the correct color background for malaysia passport. You may call the Malaysia Embassy to get more information.

I hope this will help you.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-09

I-129F Received : 2010-03-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-12 "touched"

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-04-29 APPROVED!!!!

NOA2 Hard Copy : 2010-05-04

NOA2 Sent to Embassy 2010-05-10

NOA2 Received 2010-05-13 (I hope it is ours anyway)

Packet 3 : 2010-05-20 Received!!!

Packet 4 : 2010-06-29 Received!!!

Interview: 2010-07-20 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand : 2010-07-21 ( Yahoo!!!)

POE - August 20, 2010

AOS,EAD & AP

October 15,2010 Sent AOS,EAD & AP ( Chicago Lockbox)

October 25,2010 - Received Hard Copies of AOS,EAD & AP

October 25, 2010 - Touched

October 27, 2010 - Received Biometric Scheduled ( dated 19.Nov.2010)

November 19, 2010 - Biometric Schedule done

December 09,2011 - Interview Notice Received - schedule on January 20, 2011

December 22,2010 - EAD Approved

December 23,2010 - AP Approved

December 30,2010 - AP Received

December 31,2010 - EAD Card Received

January 20,2011 - interview - Approved - (Exactly my 5 months I landed in US)

January 29,2011 - Green Card Received - (Exactly 1 year that we got engaged)

I worked as a nurse in Malaysia for 3 years so I had to obtain a Police clearance before my interview. what I did was go to the website of the Malaysian Embassy and downloaded the form. i then attached documents as proof of my employment there and submitted the same , with the fee to the malaysian embassy in Manila. I called the embassy and talked to somebody from there to expect my application. I had no problems at all, I went there personally during my medical to get the document.

goodluck

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I had a terrible experience with the person in charge for the Police Clearance. Here is the post describing it.

:::::

www.yamashitariki.com :::::

writings . music . art . film . photography

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello anyone know if how can i request a police clearance without my passport??? The recruiter was holding my passport and i dont have it with me...I came in malaysia by one month tourist visa and i stayed there for 9 months..i found a work there but i dont have a working permit....and the recruiter was promised me that she will be the one who will process my work permit... but sad to say i couldn't find her(recruiter) or i can't contact her anymore... I am only using travel documents when i returned to Philippines... and the big problem is one of the requirements of getting a certificate of good conduct or police clearance was the photocopy of the passport which has a stamped on it...I got only Travel documents...is this ok to submit instead of photocopy of the passport??? anyone knows what are the requirements should i submit???? i really need your help guys...

Thank you!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello anyone know if how can i request a police clearance without my passport??? The recruiter was holding my passport and i dont have it with me...I came in malaysia by one month tourist visa and i stayed there for 9 months..i found a work there but i dont have a working permit....and the recruiter was promised me that she will be the one who will process my work permit... but sad to say i couldn't find her(recruiter) or i can't contact her anymore... I am only using travel documents when i returned to Philippines... and the big problem is one of the requirements of getting a certificate of good conduct or police clearance was the photocopy of the passport which has a stamped on it...I got only Travel documents...is this ok to submit instead of photocopy of the passport??? anyone knows what are the requirements should i submit???? We are processing our k1 visa now and i want to complete my requirements as soon as possible..I am afraid that it will be the reason for the denial for my interview so soon... i really need your help guys...

Thank you so much!!!!

• 6 years later...

I'm trying to help my fiancé get a police clearance from the time she worked in malayasa. I clicked on the link to the embassy site and can't find a form. Does it make a difference that I'm using a mobile device? Any help appreciated 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, HorseGuy said:

I'm trying to help my fiancé get a police clearance from the time she worked in malayasa. I clicked on the link to the embassy site and can't find a form. Does it make a difference that I'm using a mobile device? Any help appreciated 

May make a difference that this topic is 7 years old so those links aren't good anymore.  Go to the Malaysian embassy website and start fresh.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't seem that it should be a big problem but my fiancé can't find a method to send the payment for the security clearance from the Malaysian embassy. She said the banks don't provide that service and the postal service discourages her from using a postal money order. 

13 hours ago, HorseGuy said:

It doesn't seem that it should be a big problem but my fiancé can't find a method to send the payment for the security clearance from the Malaysian embassy. She said the banks don't provide that service and the postal service discourages her from using a postal money order. 

Here is the link to the PC instructions. https://ekonsular.kln.gov.my/ekonsular_on9/login/GUIDELINES.pdf

Two suggestions; You can put "payment" in an envelope and mail it to them with your application.

Second suggestion is to not have the PC "mailed" back to the Phil as it probably will not arrive do to the inconsistencies of Phil Post. Send a prepaid FEDEX or DHL envelope so that you are ensured that you will receive the PC. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thanks. I did find the link. It looks like fileing is only online now. Payment is made in cash at an embassy or Malaysian mission after approval. I can't find and information about either in Cebu. 

I hate for her to travel to Manila just for that. 

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure that this string is up to date. I believe all CGC applications must be done online. We have completed the application online and now the website says "ready for pick up". I'm confused about what the next step is. My fiancé is in Cebu and a special trip to Manila isn't practical. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.