Green Sapphire

Possible errors in I-129F

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiancée and I are worried that since I made at least one error in the I-129F documents, we might get an RFE. Is there any way that anyone knows of to get in touch with the VSC so we can find out in advance. If we do need to resubmit anything, I'd like to get a head start on it. Or should we go ahead and send the corrections before they ask, assuming that its going to be a problem. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

was it a completely off error ( something you would get an RFE for) or a wrong information type of mistake?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiancée and I are worried that since I made at least one error in the I-129F documents, we might get an RFE. Is there any way that anyone knows of to get in touch with the VSC so we can find out in advance. If we do need to resubmit anything, I'd like to get a head start on it. Or should we go ahead and send the corrections before they ask, assuming that its going to be a problem. Thanks for any advice you can give.

They won't dig out your petition at your request and go over it to see if you might have messed something up. They'll tell you that you just have to wait until it's reviewed by an adjudicator.

You can't preemptively send the revised information. Unless you send the information in response to an RFE, the information won't be joined with your petition. It will simply vanish. All you can do is wait and see if you get an RFE.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When USCIS needs further or corrected information, they request the specific information in the RFE and also give you the exact address to send it to so that it can be combined with your original application.

Do not send in anything until it is requested by USCIS.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline

OK, thanks. I know I erred on my Intent to Marry and there are a few details we are concerned about. Fingers crossed we won't get an RFE but I have the corected one ready to go. And I can get anything else requested immediatly. Thanks for your help everyone :)

Timeline

When USCIS needs further or corrected information, they request the specific information in the RFE and also give you the exact address to send it to so that it can be combined with your original application.

Do not send in anything until it is requested by USCIS.

Good luck.

I also have another question... I got my Statement of Employment and it did not have my salary, was prepared by a HR Associate not a Manager, and wasn't signed... I'm trying to get a new statement with more information, but the last one took well over a month... so if it comes to it, can that be an acceptable option? again, thank you everyone for your advice...

There were lots of mistakes on my I-129F. None of the boxes were ticked that needed ticking. I don't know why it printed out that way. I didn't catch it. USCIS never said a word about it. I did not get an RFE.

Chinook and I only found out about it at the end of Chinook's K-1 interview when they told her that everything was a go, except that Chinook would be required to submit another original I-129F to the Embassy. It cost me $40 to three-day FedEx express it to her while she waited in Manila.

Her interview was on a Monday and she submitted the new I-129 that Thursday. She received her K-1 Fiancée visa one week later. :star:

The moral of the story: check everything twice and then check it again.

@OP...Send your fiancée the new original corrected documents in advance because the Embassy will ask for them! :yes:

PS...The only unticked box the consul officer cared about was question 13, where they want to know if you have a criminal record. The consul officer didn't care about any of the other unticked boxes...like whether or not I am a male or a female, etc. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I also have another question... I got my Statement of Employment and it did not have my salary, was prepared by a HR Associate not a Manager, and wasn't signed... I'm trying to get a new statement with more information, but the last one took well over a month... so if it comes to it, can that be an acceptable option? again, thank you everyone for your advice...

Probably not. In order to be of any value the letter should state when you were hired, your current salary, and be signed by a representative of the company authorized to release that information. It should also be dated.

A letter of employment is a pretty standard thing, and is often needed for many things other than immigration. Your employer's HR department must be a mess if it took them that long, and they still screwed it up. I got two from my employer - one for the I-134 and one for the I-864 - both were properly prepared and delivered to my mail slot the same day I requested them, and I work for company with over 2500 employees at that facility. Maybe you should talk to the HR manager.

There were lots of mistakes on my I-129F. None of the boxes were ticked that needed ticking. I don't know why it printed out that way. I didn't catch it. USCIS never said a word about it. I did not get an RFE.

Chinook and I only found out about it at the end of Chinook's K-1 interview when they told her that everything was a go, except that Chinook would be required to submit another original I-129F to the Embassy. It cost me $40 to three-day FedEx express it to her while she waited in Manila.

Her interview was on a Monday and she submitted the new I-129 that Thursday. She received her K-1 Fiancée visa one week later. :star:

The moral of the story: check everything twice and then check it again.

@OP...Send your fiancée the new original corrected documents in advance because the Embassy will ask for them! :yes:

PS...The only unticked box the consul officer cared about was question 13, where they want to know if you have a criminal record. The consul officer didn't care about any of the other unticked boxes...like whether or not I am a male or a female, etc. :)

That's pretty surprising. They really aren't supposed to do that. They effectively issued a visa based on a petition other than the one approved by USCIS. The consulate doesn't really have the authority to accept a revised petition.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

That's pretty surprising. They really aren't supposed to do that. They effectively issued a visa based on a petition other than the one approved by USCIS. The consulate doesn't really have the authority to accept a revised petition.

The consul officer really must have liked the rest of our packet! :D

Timeline

Sorry to hi-jack the thread with my own question, but I didn't know that we're supposed to send a Statement of Employment?

Did I just totally miss that -- that wasn't included in the guides.

Thanks! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Sorry to hi-jack the thread with my own question, but I didn't know that we're supposed to send a Statement of Employment?

Did I just totally miss that -- that wasn't included in the guides.

Thanks! :)

its not needed in the first package ( with i-129F ) however its usually request for interview or in packette 3

Timeline

Jim just wait..who know if they will be busy looking for something other evidence and ignore that detail you are concerned. Best of luck bringing your fiance(e) to USA

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

@Jim- yeah, my employers are really good at mucking everything up... can't even get my local HR to provide that, have to contact HQ in Texas... but I asked in detail this time so hopefully they will get what we need

@Tahoma- thats good to hear, maybe our adjudicator will be generous and overlook my carelessness... I'll be happy to resubmit anything so long as we don't have to wait a long time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.