10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but since this was done in Manila I will try here. Please move it to a more appropriate forum if needed.

My fiancée (now wife) and her son had their chest x-rays done at St. Luke's clinic and the results were put onto CDs and these CDs are sealed shut in little brown paper CD sleeves.

Now we are going through the Civil Surgeon portion of their Adjustment of Status. Her son tested positive on the skin test at St. Luke's. He was then given an x-ray that showed no TB.

We want to use the information on his CD so he does not have to go through the skin test and x-ray process again but we are worried about opening the sealed CDs. There is nothing official on the CD sleeves, only on the CDs themselves (you can see the CD through the plastic window of the sleeve).

Printed on the CD is "Please bring this CD to the U.S. for official follow-up at the Health Department"

I don't know what Health Department they are talking about. Is this for the Civil Surgeon? We showed it to her and she said she's never seen one before.

Any advice?

This sounds very similar to my step-son's case however my wife and him will not be here for about another week. My step-son tested positive with the TB skin test as well and then had to have the chest x-ray which was negative. In the Philippines a BCG vaccine is given to children to help prevent them from getting TB. The BCG Vaccine usually always causes a false Positive TB Skin test. The Medical CD's you have are for reference and contain their medical tests and results. It can be used as a baseline for future medical tests. Very rarely there can be a positive skin test with negative chest x-ray that could possibly be a dormant TB virus that can become active later in life. Again, this is rare. The CD can be opened and viewed to show the Health Department or Doctor whenever they need to review his past medical history/tests or if they test him and get another positive TB skin test result. He will probably in the future need to occasionally have a chest x-ray just to rule out any active TB virus but if he has never shown any symptoms or been directly exposed to someone with active TB then you probably have nothing to worry about.

OK back to your original question, the "Health Department" usually refers to the city or county health department. Hopefully someone can give you more direct information.

Edited by Zai & Gary

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

(cross posted from Philippines section)

My fiancée (now wife) and her son had their chest x-rays done at St. Luke's clinic and the results were put onto CDs and these CDs are sealed shut in little brown paper CD sleeves.

Now we are going through the Civil Surgeon portion of their Adjustment of Status. Her son tested positive on the skin test at St. Luke's. He was then given an x-ray that showed no TB.

We want to use the information on his CD so he does not have to go through the skin test and x-ray process again but we are worried about opening the sealed CDs. There is nothing official on the CD sleeves, only on the CDs themselves (you can see the CD through the plastic window of the sleeve).

Printed on the CD is "Please bring this CD to the U.S. for official follow-up at the Health Department"

I don't know what Health Department they are talking about. Is this for the Civil Surgeon? We showed it to her and she said she's never seen one before.

Any advice?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Thank you. I am going to cross post this in the AoS forum too.

You are not supposed to do this. You should only post in one location. I am reporting this thread to be merged into the AOS one if this is where you want it. If you would prefer it to remain in the Philippines forum, please report the thread and ask it be moved back.

Timeline

I assume, like with my xray, that this is simply for your personal records. If your son was to undergo another skin test, he would test positive again and require another xray. He would have his previous xray to compare it to.

Also, as a K1/K2 with a medical that is less than a year old, the TB skin test is not required as it is part of the medical which you do not need. You only need a vaccination transcription done.

I assume, like with my xray, that this is simply for your personal records. If your son was to undergo another skin test, he would test positive again and require another xray. He would have his previous xray to compare it to.

Also, as a K1/K2 with a medical that is less than a year old, the TB skin test is not required as it is part of the medical which you do not need. You only need a vaccination transcription done.

I didn't know that about the TB test, the civil surgeon said it was a requirement, and since I have medical insurance through an HMO, she isn't profiting by us getting any tests at a facility other then hers. I will check with her again.

Timeline
I didn't know that about the TB test, the civil surgeon said it was a requirement, and since I have medical insurance through an HMO, she isn't profiting by us getting any tests at a facility other then hers. I will check with her again.ww

A lot of CS's have been confused about this. Some for money, some just because they misunderstand.

Here's a link direct from USCIS about it: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextoid=1758d5b07655b110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Specifically this part: "Q: If an applicant is required to receive only the vaccinations, and not undergo the entire medical exam, does he/she have to submit the entire Form I-693?

No. Applicants who are not required to have the entire medical examination need to submit only pages one, three and five of the new form. The required sections include Part 1, Information About You, the vaccination record portion of Part 2, and Part 5 (if the vaccinations are administered by a civil surgeon) or Part 6 (if the vaccinations are administered by a local health department). Pages two and four, that would have been left blank, do not need to be submitted."

Although this doesn't actually mention the TB part directly, it mentions which parts are to be completed, and you'll see the TB section isn't mentioned (it's part of Part 2, yet this says ONLY the vaccination part of part 2 is completed).

Long story short, the CS needs to remember you AREN'T doing a medical therefore the "medical" requirements do not apply to you. You are simply doing a vaccination transcription as the Q&A I posted above discusses.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but since this was done in Manila I will try here. Please move it to a more appropriate forum if needed.

Any advice?

hi i am a nurse and would like to share something i know. your wife and her son came from the philippines right? that fact is tantamount to the reason why the child was positive on the skin test or the PPD test. the skin test will only show if the person/patient has been exposed to the TB bacteria. it does not diagnostically prove that he is positive on tb. a tuberculin test only tells the doctor or the medical prof that the person being tested was exposed to the Tb bacteria. now the thing here is that, TB is somewhat endemic in the philippines. meaning, everyone has been exposed to the TB bacteria but that does not mean everyone has TB. the only diagnostic procedure that can determine that a person has postive tb is through the 3 consecutive sputum smear test. even xrays cannot directly confirm TB. ..

hope that helps..

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I don't see that opening and/or viewing the CD can cause a problem. It's not like you can change the information that is on there.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.