Melgar

K-1 AOS - Vaccines - What exactly is required?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I was wondering what EXACT vaccines are needed if coming on a K1? My fiance just had interview and medical this week and PASSED! YAY......but while at medical in Madrid the doctor said he did not need ANY VACCINES BECAUSE HE WAS DOING A FIANCE VISA!!!!! But I know for sure from his regular Dr that he is deficient in the HEP series and something else. I realize it is too late to do anything regarding medical in Madrid...and he passed interview, I am concerned about issues when filing AOS!!! Need help clarifying needed vaccines. Thanks!

Melissa and Edgar's timeline:

10.10.09- Met fiance in Barcelona

01.15.10- He visited in Tampa for 9 days

04.01.10- Trip to Barcelona for 10 days

05.28.10- Sent I-129F to VSC

06.02.10- Received I-129F

06.07.10- NOA1 dated

06.09.10- Check cashed

06.11.10- Received hardcopy NOA1

06.11.10- "touched"

06.28.10- "touched"

06.28.10- APPROVED!!!! confirmation via email and sms

07.01.10- received by NVC

07.02.10- received hardcopy NOA2

07.07.10- packet left NVC for Madrid!

07.12.10- Madrid received petition

07.29.10- received packet 3 finally!

07.31.10- Visit in Tampa for 23 days!

10.13.10- INTERVIEW!! PASSED :)

11.24.10- POE!

12.11.10- MARRIED in Kauai!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Your best bet is to attend a CS in the US when he has arrived and have him look over his vaccinations and tell you which ones are needed. They shouldn't insist that you get your shots done there but some do.

Here is the immunisation list: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5901-Immunization.pdf page 2, table 1. The shots in yellow are required (except HPV but for some reason it has not been removed from this list). The series are not required to be complete at the time of AOS, but they should be up-to-date.

I needed no Hep series to get AOS. It isn't a requirement for my age group.

Hope that helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.