8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife when in peru had her vaccinations done. At least thats what I thought but looking carefully at her 3025 form it is marked "incomplete" and that is because they say she is needing a 2nd and 3rd dose of TDAP vaccination. I cant find any civil surgeon in my area that does that vaccination only the county clinic and they dont give 2nd and 3rd doses to someone her age.

Not sure what to do or who to talk to. its the only vaccination she is supposed to be missing. Has anyone had to deal with this situation before?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife when in peru had her vaccinations done. At least thats what I thought but looking carefully at her 3025 form it is marked "incomplete" and that is because they say she is needing a 2nd and 3rd dose of TDAP vaccination. I cant find any civil surgeon in my area that does that vaccination only the county clinic and they dont give 2nd and 3rd doses to someone her age.

Not sure what to do or who to talk to. its the only vaccination she is supposed to be missing. Has anyone had to deal with this situation before?

I recently had a booster for TDAP I think called boosterix that includes the necessary vaccinations for the TDAP requirement. You could ask the county health dept. about that. If not, I believe the TD vaccine meets the requirement. I one of those is only given to children under a certain age and then another one is given to adults. I was just discussing it with my friend who is a nurse. Look up the vaccine requirements on the USCIS website too so you can have a better idea of the vaccine names and age requirements. Good luck!

event.png

I recently had a booster for TDAP I think called boosterix that includes the necessary vaccinations for the TDAP requirement. You could ask the county health dept. about that. If not, I believe the TD vaccine meets the requirement. I one of those is only given to children under a certain age and then another one is given to adults. I was just discussing it with my friend who is a nurse. Look up the vaccine requirements on the USCIS website too so you can have a better idea of the vaccine names and age requirements. Good luck!

Did you have to have it done by a civil surgeon? Can I get it done by the county or someone else?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Did you have to have it done by a civil surgeon? Can I get it done by the county or someone else?

No, you should be able to get it done at the health dept. Just make sure they give you a record of having received the vaccine and take that with your paperwork from Peru.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you so much for your advice Menina we very much appreciate it!

Damon and Miriam

You can get the shots done anywhere BUT you must take the proof of the shots AND your DS-3025 to a CS and have them transcribe it into an I-693

You can get the shots done anywhere BUT you must take the proof of the shots AND your DS-3025 to a CS and have them transcribe it into an I-693

She had all her shots except those two and the medical exam done in Peru and it was my understanding that the DS-3025 was sufficient. Is it the missing vaccinations that necesitate a transcription to the I-683?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
She had all her shots except those two and the medical exam done in Peru and it was my understanding that the DS-3025 was sufficient. Is it the missing vaccinations that necesitate a transcription to the I-683?

Yes. If her shots were completed on the DS-3025 then only the DSs-3025 is technically necessary. I say technically because sometimes even in those cases you will get an RFE if you don't include the I-693 transcription.

As further shots are required they will need to be written on the I-693 together with the info from the DS-3025 copied over, and this can only be done by a CS.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.