one...two...tree

Record Number Die Crossing Arizona Border

41 posts in this topic

$200 a day. Even if he's working a 16 hour day, that's well in excess of minimum wage ($12.50/hour). I thought that we were paying illegal immigrants less than minimum wage and that's why if we eliminate illegal immigration food prices will sky-rocket.

While it's true that hiring legal workers would mean payroll taxes, I don't see why you couldn't attract domestic workers for $200 a day. It's reasonable to try. And if you can't, you'll have justification for allowing migrant workers to come and take the jobs legally (through worker visas).

Strange how every other country is doing just fine without illegals. In fact, produce is cheaper in AUS than it is here; even though they have a shortage of workers and the minimum wage is now $14 an hour USD, considering the AUS dollar is killing it.

It's bogus BS and we all know it. There are a good 2 billion people significantly poorer than Mexicans, yet some on here still buy the BS. Wake Up idiots.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Couldn't be because them Dems just introduced an amnesty bill, could it?

This is the price that librals accept for not enforcing wage and worker protection laws they pass by punishing employers that employ illegrants (illegals are not really "immigrants")

Illegrants will not come if we stop luring them with jobs and amnesty. Dems will be unhappy because they lose their future voting base, Repubs will be unhappy because they lose slave labor to offset minimum wage, workers comp, SS, medicare, etc.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Illegrants will not come if we stop luring them with jobs and amnesty. Dems will be unhappy because they lose their future voting base, Repubs will be unhappy because they lose slave labor to offset minimum wage, workers comp, SS, medicare, etc.

It's the perfect storm because Dems are running on ideology and the Repubs who get to pull the strings, know they profit off it. I doubt you will find many Republicans who support illegal aliens, let alone another failed amnesty.

The reason I know dems are running on ideology is because thy refuse to discuss specifics and refuse to acknowledge what the rest of the first world is doing; which is a clear sign of ideological driven viewpoints.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Luke 10:25-37

Yes we should be civil to them but our constitution and laws have a seperation of church and state.

This laws say they are Illegal immigrants.

Go spend your charitable time in the field refilling bottles and feeding them or driving them to their destination. (Of course you will most likely be shot by a coyote or killed by the Immigrants in fear of you or just plain ole arrested.)

yeah, the samaritan should have been checking that guy's papers, making sure he was legal to be crossing from jerusalem to jericho first. illegal immigration sucks, but last i checked it's not a death penalty offense. the fact that there are sadists from our side of the border out there slashing freaking water bottles makes me want to vomit, and is as sickening as the coyoyes. that water bottle could save a child's life. a child who had no choice in crossing that desert in the first place/

I find it gross as well; those types need to be stopped for sure.

I alsobelieve every Illegal parent crossing with a minor be charged with the worst child endangerment law given to hold them accountable for the felony they commited. Then deport them and their children with no chance to return legally.

Timeline

The solution to this problem? Don't cross illegally. There, problem solved.

That is not a solution. The SOLUTION is scarey harsh punishment of anyone that employs an illegrant. Then they will not WANT to come and they won't.

You, on the other hand are asking someone that is trying to improve things for his family (in lost cases) to ignore the economic opportunity that is within walking distance. It will never happen. They WILL ignore the United States, when there is no opportunity here unless they enter legally.

Deaths will go down, compliance with wage and hour laws, worker protections will go up.

Gary And Alla

That is not a solution. The SOLUTION is scarey harsh punishment of anyone that employs an illegrant. Then they will not WANT to come and they won't.

You, on the other hand are asking someone that is trying to improve things for his family (in lost cases) to ignore the economic opportunity that is within walking distance. It will never happen. They WILL ignore the United States, when there is no opportunity here unless they enter legally.

Deaths will go down, compliance with wage and hour laws, worker protections will go up.

So true. The problem is here, not in Mexico.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

It's the perfect storm because Dems are running on ideology and the Repubs who get to pull the strings, know they profit off it. I doubt you will find many Republicans who support illegal aliens, let alone another failed amnesty.

The reason I know dems are running on ideology is because thy refuse to discuss specifics and refuse to acknowledge what the rest of the first world is doing; which is a clear sign of ideological driven viewpoints.

Not true. Republicans WANT illegal aliens (illegrants) just as much as Dems...for different reasons. You will not get them to ADMIT it, but find me ONE that is willing to bring down the wrath of God on anyone that hires an illegrant. They don't exist. They want them for slave labor. They will say how terrible it is they exist and suggest all sorts of solutions to the "problem"...except any solution that will WORK. They do not care if a few hundred die in the heat as long as a few million get through to work on the cheap! Dems do not care if a few hundred or thousand die if a few million get through to receive amnesty and vote for Dems. (They wish they could get this done before November 2)

When I mention an idea that will WORK, everyone runs for the exits. Kets see a TAX on the employment of illegrants that will comletely destroy any business that hires them. Lets see a TAX that will insure the the confiscation and tax sale of any property of any homeowner that hires an illegrant to mow his lawn.

I see no sympathy here for the illegrants trying to make a better life, but no one seems to mention the slave holders that hire them. Illegal immigration has all sorts of horrors for those that get involved, mostly because they are legally "not here". You can abuse them ion a any way you want, under pay them, over work them, make them work in dangerous situations....so what? Who cares? If an employer gets caught, they get slapped with a paltry fine that leaves them WAY money ahead of hiring Americans who WILL do the jobs, but not for that price.

An amnesty has NO CHANCE to benefit anyone. Look, Americans do not hire illegrans because they are the best roofers in the world, I got news for you! They hire ILLEGALS because ILLEGALS are cheap! No payroll tax, no workman's comp, no benefits. That ALONE makes them 35% cheaper even comparing the same wage. Throw in that they work for below minimum wage or way below normal wage for LEGAL roofers and therein lies the attraction. The ONLY attraction for employers is COST, the ONLY attraction for workers is MORE MONEY THAN IN MEXICO. That's it. That's all. There is no more THERE, there.

Now, let's take the illegrant roofer making $3 per today and wave the Democrat magic wand and make him legal tomorrow. What happens? He is UNemployed immediately. Thank you goodbye! Hello next illegrant who came across the border in anticipation of this. But the now unemployed LEGAL immigrant has a path to citizenship AND dependency on the government and will vote Democrat.

Look, the Dems close their eyes and hold their nose and allow Repubs to exploit them for CASH in their pocket. The Repubs close their eyes and hold their nose and let the Dems have their immigrants so they can have more illegals to work free for a profit. NONE of them gives a rat's @ss about you or me or the illegrants.

Gary And Alla

It's amazing you and I agree on this.

It's a specific Repub who wants illegals though, the mega wealthy and the small business owner who exploits them. The rest who actually make up the majority of the party, certainly do not.

Dems on the other hand are unanimous on this and believe it's America's duty to lift up Mexico. A country whose GDP and GNI is higher than that of 124 nations and 3+ billion people.

As you and I both know, this cheap labor comes at a huge expense to America and the American economy. Massive bankrupting fines along with prison time for repeat offenders will surely eliminate this; however for reasons aforementioned above, nothing will happen.

Edited by Heracles

What happens when they drop anchor a collect public assistance? Its not just employers!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

What happens when they drop anchor a collect public assistance? Its not just employers!

Understandable, American has plenty of surplus money to go around.

Kumbaya Kumbaya Sing damn it! Sing! Kumbaya Kumbaya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Troo dat.
Dear, I'm disappointed in your having forgotten the most basic phrase in basic English, si man, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Dear, I'm disappointed in your having forgotten the most basic phrase in basic English, si man, si man.

Shut up and sing damn it!!!

kumbaya.gif

I just knew this was a Steve post before I even saw who was the OP. :whistle:

Steve moved to France to be with family.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow