kulafu13

Starting this Journey

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Visa Journey Members :)

I am so new to this whole immigration process and I need help to file for my wife papers who currently resides in the US with me.

We married a couple of months ago in Las Vegas...I love her so I would do anything to her... unfortunately the filing process is quite unfriendly especially since I just started to get into this process...

So here's some background info:

We are married like I said already..Marriage certificate and all.

Her passport is expired as well as her tourist visa which expired 10 years ago (2000).

She went to High School here and graduate here if that would help with anything (special conditions of some sort lol)

We were recommended to get a immigration lawyer but that's costly nowadays and I feel like I would just get ripped off..I work at Walmart so thats tough already haha.

Now I just looked at the I-130 and the guide of this site which had a warning message chance of deportation...Hrmmm that's not good...so now I'm stuck and need advice..Feels free to ask me anything and any help would be greatly appreciated and I am a US Citizen :)

hi i dont think i really have much to say here since the system is new to me too but i believe nothing is impossible with god.

why not get a lawyer to really explain everything to you well,you may not neccessarily engage his service in filling for you but its better to understand the implications before you start any documentation

an immigration lawyer will know better.hope i've helped a little just trust god.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I'm no expert, but I think it would be difficult to adjust with an expired passport?

AOS,EAD,AP aps received: 7/28/10

Biometrics appointment notice: 8/06/10

Biometrics appointment: 8/20/10

AOS Touched: 8/20/10

AOS Touched: 8/30/10

AOS Interview notification received: 9/02/10 for 10/05/10

AP Touched: 9/23/10

EAD Approval/card production email: 9/24/10

AP Touched: 9/28/10

EAD Touched again, same card production email: 9/29/10

EAD and AP received: 10/01/10

Applied for SSN: 10/04/10

Interview date: 10/05/10 Detroit.

10 year GC APPROVED: 10/05/10 !!!!!!!!!

Welcome letter arrived in the mail: 10/09/10

SS card arrived: 10/12/10

Green Card arrived in mail: 10/15/10 :)

zxkxma.jpg

Tiempo and Tucker

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello Visa Journey Members :)

I am so new to this whole immigration process and I need help to file for my wife papers who currently resides in the US with me.

We married a couple of months ago in Las Vegas...I love her so I would do anything to her... unfortunately the filing process is quite unfriendly especially since I just started to get into this process...

So here's some background info:

We are married like I said already..Marriage certificate and all.

Her passport is expired as well as her tourist visa which expired 10 years ago (2000).

She went to High School here and graduate here if that would help with anything (special conditions of some sort lol)

We were recommended to get a immigration lawyer but that's costly nowadays and I feel like I would just get ripped off..I work at Walmart so thats tough already haha.

Now I just looked at the I-130 and the guide of this site which had a warning message chance of deportation...Hrmmm that's not good...so now I'm stuck and need advice..Feels free to ask me anything and any help would be greatly appreciated and I am a US Citizen :)

The warning message is about "preconceived intent", which means using a non-immigrant visa or other entry pass with the intention of immigrating. I don't see how that could possibly be an issue for someone who arrived 10 years ago with a tourist visa, unless she has attempted to become an immigrant prior to this.

Her having gone to high school in the US is irrelevant, neither good nor bad. Most school districts do not require proof of lawful presence to attend public schools.

Her overstay is also irrelevant. She is now an immediate relative of a US citizen, so the requirement that she maintain her lawful presence does not apply.

Unless there are details you haven't told us that would make her inadmissible or deportable, she should be able to adjust status.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.