Steve64

CherryBlossoms.com bold claim

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just recently I received a email from CherryBlossoms.com advertising their Fiance K-1 service. They have packages that range from $350 to $1600. I know that there are many services out there that will help you put together your K-1 package but CherryBlossoms.com makes the following claim

**********The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service is not like Home Depot. The USCIS makes it *HARD* to DIY (Do It Yourself). Most (about 95%) people who attempt to file a Fiancee or Spousal Visa petition on their own are denied or face YEARS of delays. Being unable to see your wife for years? Terrible. Having her visa denied and unable to come to the USA AT ALL? Even worse.

"95% !! of people who file on their own are denied or face YEARS of delays" REALLY ??!! In my opinion that is a out right lie. How in the world would they get that info?? Are we suppose to believe that the Govt is giving them this info. I emailed them and asked "Can you show me where you got this stat ?". They responded:

Aloha,

"****The stats are based on CB’s 30 + years experience of fiancée and spousal visa support.

It is truly heartbreaking to hear the stories of frustration and helplessness that come our way too late. Our intention is to assist as many couples as possible in their desire to be together.

Best wishes,CB Visa Staff"***

This service just plays on the fears of those who want to bring their loved one to the states. In my opinion that claim needs to be investigated by the Hawaii attorney general. It should be criminal to make such false claims. Yes I realize there are other services that probably make similar claims. For some reason the Cherryblossoms claim really angered me.

event.png

Sounds like they are exploiting people's anxieties and fear. Check the K1 boards and you'll find numerous people that successfully immigrated without lawyers or paying some agency like this one. But fear works and motivates people to act....

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Just recently I received a email from CherryBlossoms.com advertising their Fiance K-1 service. They have packages that range from $350 to $1600. I know that there are many services out there that will help you put together your K-1 package but CherryBlossoms.com makes the following claim

**********The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service is not like Home Depot. The USCIS makes it *HARD* to DIY (Do It Yourself). Most (about 95%) people who attempt to file a Fiancee or Spousal Visa petition on their own are denied or face YEARS of delays. Being unable to see your wife for years? Terrible. Having her visa denied and unable to come to the USA AT ALL? Even worse.

"95% !! of people who file on their own are denied or face YEARS of delays" REALLY ??!! In my opinion that is a out right lie. How in the world would they get that info?? Are we suppose to believe that the Govt is giving them this info. I emailed them and asked "Can you show me where you got this stat ?". They responded:

Aloha,

"****The stats are based on CB's 30 + years experience of fiancée and spousal visa support.

It is truly heartbreaking to hear the stories of frustration and helplessness that come our way too late. Our intention is to assist as many couples as possible in their desire to be together.

Best wishes,CB Visa Staff"***

This service just plays on the fears of those who want to bring their loved one to the states. In my opinion that claim needs to be investigated by the Hawaii attorney general. It should be criminal to make such false claims. Yes I realize there are other services that probably make similar claims. For some reason the Cherryblossoms claim really angered me.

I do not want to discount any stat regarding the difficulty of navigating the K-1 path until my fiancee is here. However from what I can tell CherryBlossoms is an IMBRA service and therefore those who use its services to meet and marry have to follow an additional set of rules which are not very well explained by the USCIS. Their stat may only look at people who used an IMBRA to meet and arrange their marriage.

But still, even for those who fall under the IMBRA rules 95% seems very high.

Edited by J & K

09/13/10 - Sent in I-129F

09/16/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received 09/24/10)
10/03/10 - Only Touch Before Approval
03/30/11 - NOA2 (195 Days from NOA1) (Letter Received 04/04/11)
04/07/11 - NVC Received File
04/12/11 - File Left NVC Sent to Embassy
04/13/11 - File Received by Embassy
04/19/11 - Packet 3 Received
04/20/11 - Packet 3 Sent to Embassy
04/29/11 - Packet 4 Received
06/06/11 - Interview (263 Days from NOA1) APPROVED!!!!
06/09/11 - VISA Received
07/04/11 - POE (Washington D.C. Dulles)
07/25/11 - Married

08/11/11 - Sent in I-485,I-131,I-765
08/17/11 - NOA1
09/12/11 - Biometrics
10/13/11 - EAD and AP Approved
10/22/11 - EAD Card Received
10/26/11 - AOS Interview (APPROVED!)
11/04/11 - Green Card Received

08/13/13 - Sent in I-751

08/20/13 - NOA1

09/24/13 - Biometrics (Bad Fingerprints)

10/17/13 - Redo Biometrics, Walk-In

12/03/13 - NOA2 (Approved!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Best chances to do it properly:

1. DIY with adequate research.

2. Use a Lawyer

3. Use an agency such as this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's a business and exaggerated informations are intended for advertisement. Just simply follow the requirements and the instruction, and you're set. Even lawyers couldn't do anything to get approval faster, it's always depend on how USCIS review your case. You will only need lawyers when your case is beyond normal. Normal means you comply with the minimum years of meeting and both parties are eligible to get married.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.