evli1966

The Reagan Diaries

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is to be an open topic to discuss misunderstandings of what Ronald Reagan stood for.

Your welcome to post what you believe of him but please provide facts on what you state.

So many believe do to his signing of the Amnesty bill and his Shining City dream in his farewell address he was for open borders.

Saturday February 28, 1981

Saw the Thatchers off at 11 AM after coffee together. Mexican Ambassador brought message from Pres. Lopez Portillo to ####### Allen & Jim Baker. The Pres. is willing to go forward (with Venezuela) in trying to negotiate an end to El Salvador Problem. I'm All for it. A call in the evening reported a boat load of Haitians approaching our shores. I'm all for opening the door to refugees from Totalitarianism but this is more complicated. These are just people who believe they can have a better life here. They are in fact illegal aliens. We'll have to deport them but it's a long & complicated business due to our own laws.

This reference was taken from "The Reagan Diaries"

He knows they want a better life but open borders is not the answer. He also knows the deportation process is complicated. He is also for receiving oppressed refugees.

I think he's dead, unless he's in a cryogenic tank somewhere thinking profoundly via the medium of dry ice.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

I remember back then when he wanted to give amnesty and the huge discussions going on. It was not too popular but many felt to do it and we were supposed to stem the flow of future illegals by hiring more border control agents and increase the fines for employers. As we all know in hindsight now that we hired a token few more agents and the enforcement of the hiring of illegals was lax.

Timeline

I remember back then when he wanted to give amnesty and the huge discussions going on. It was not too popular but many felt to do it and we were supposed to stem the flow of future illegals by hiring more border control agents and increase the fines for employers. As we all know in hindsight now that we hired a token few more agents and the enforcement of the hiring of illegals was lax.

That is true as well

Many believe and try to use both his Shining City reference and this bill signing as an advocate for open borders.

when his mind set was totaly different.

Reagan was a very calculating man.

such as when the Dems wanted to set a quota on Japn iported cars and a Bill was movign through congress.

Reagan sent an FYI through Haig to Ambassador Mansfield to Ito that a Voluntary cut back may head off the the bill.

He knew what he was doing as I would assume any other Pres does including Obama.

Timeline

That is true as well

Many believe and try to use both his Shining City reference and this bill signing as an advocate for open borders.

when his mind set was totaly different.

Reagan was a very calculating man.

such as when the Dems wanted to set a quota on Japn iported cars and a Bill was movign through congress.

Reagan sent an FYI through Haig to Ambassador Mansfield to Ito that a Voluntary cut back may head off the the bill.

He knew what he was doing as I would assume any other Pres does including Obama.

He was a shrewd man indeed. Who can forget the star wars inpact on diplomacy with Russia. He kept using it to gain anything he wanted. At Oslo though he almost overplayed his hand with it and the Russians finally had enough and was going to walk out the next day. He somehow learned this and the next day he came up with a carrot leaving out all references to star wars and the talks continued.

I believed in him myself only after Reagan was out of office did I realize that the man didn't do the one thing I want my Government to do and that was give us a balanced budget.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I think he's dead, unless he's in a cryogenic tank somewhere thinking profoundly via the medium of dry ice.

Reagan may well be dead (if he was Russian, it would merely be a "Very Bad Cold" still), but that doesn't stop some of our "open borders" supporters here on VJ using legislation passed while he was President to try and claim that he was a supporter of unrestricted immigration.

And anyway, at least he has been deceased for slightly less of a stretch than President John Tyler ;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

My own belief about his signing of the 1986-scamnesty: it is no coincidence that drunken-swimmer-murderer Teddy Kennedy (like Reagan, an Irish-American--but that was about all they had in common) did have an open-borders agenda since 1965, and was also in a position where he could influence the POTUS towards such a goal.

("doubt-benefit"--a rather generous concession given what I suffered as delayed aftereffects)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

reaganomics.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

reaganomics.jpg

Many believe that they did not recieve enough from Reaganomics but those are mostly people who believe life owes them entitlements and wealth not what they create themselves.

If you wish to contribute facts then please do so; the believe that you were owed more in life than you got is BS either your lieing to yourself or your parents lied to you.

But I respect that your right as an American to turn blind eyes to what he really did for us as a President.

Many believe that they did not recieve enough from Reaganomics but those are mostly people who believe life owes them entitlements and wealth not what they create themselves.

If you wish to contribute facts then please do so; the believe that you were owed more in life than you got is BS either your lieing to yourself or your parents lied to you.

But I respect that your right as an American to turn blind eyes to what he really did for us as a President.

Seriously get off it and don't try to bust my balls over a pic I posted. I'm 46 years old and witnessed what "Reaganomics" did for my family. Now you want facts instead of a funny pic...click the link down below. I work for a living ..construction work on the North Slope (Arctic Ocean) in weather you probably couldn't imagine. Same with half my family. So instead of making ####### insinuations about me and working for a living, save your bs for some sucker like yourself.

Not all of us just dreamed the Reagan days, some of us were actually there. And no Reagan did not sole handily bring down the USSR. That was done over a span of decades and it was done with economics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Seriously get off it and don't try to bust my balls over a pic I posted. I'm 46 years old and witnessed what "Reaganomics" did for my family. Now you want facts instead of a funny pic...click the link down below. I work for a living ..construction work on the North Slope (Arctic Ocean) in weather you probably couldn't imagine. Same with half my family. So instead of making ####### insinuations about me and working for a living, save your bs for some sucker like yourself.

Not all of us just dreamed the Reagan days, some of us were actually there. And no Reagan did not sole handily bring down the USSR. That was done over a span of decades and it was done with economics.

http://en.wikipedia....sidential_terms

BS. It was not done over decades. Reagan was a huge part of bringing down the curtain and Russia. I was also there as you like to say and even served in the military during the time and spent much time seeing that Iron curtain and even the DMZ in Korea and fighting insurgency. So don't tell me that Regan finally having the balls to engage in more than words and outspend the Inhumane regime didn't make a difference. It made all the difference. Before all we got was talk and acting like scared kids to bullies and trying to accommodate people who wanted no accommodation. So before you act like you know it all because you are a working stiff like me than you show ignorance. Only one man came along and lifted America up out of our depths we had fallen. Who is your hero? Carter?

America was as beaten down as can be and someone brought us out of it and that man was Reagan. The decades you talk about had seen America weaken and almost defeated ourselves.

Sure he sent a lot arms worldwide to start a fight with any that would fight the good fight against communists and we even had a doomsday clock that kept telling us that we were closer than at any time to total worldwide destruction and they kept pushing it closer to midnight as Reagan awakened us and pushed us to rise up but then something happened that I believed would never happen and it was after Reagan told them to tear down the wall. The wall came crashing down spectacularly. I stayed awake late those nights watching the wall come down and people poured over and celebrate. I was stunned to witness this in my lifetime. No man can claim more credit than this achievement than Reagan.

Who before him can claim any credit. Carter? LOL. Ford? LOL. Nixon? Not hardly. Johnson? Get real. Kennedy? Don't start me laughing. Eisenhower? Lame excuse for a president. Truman? He engaged at least but was scared of a second rate power. Roosevelt? I blame him more than anyone for allowing Stalin to keep power. So who and what did the preceding decades do to merit any thought on someone finally having the balls to kick the Soviet Union over?

We were the only credible super power left after the wall came down and what did we do? We decided to throw our vast wealth away on being a world wide policeman. We started placing troops in over a hundred countries and threatening the world to kowtow to what we wanted them to be and spent our goodwill in the process.

The main thing I can give Reagan credit for and that is with just his words he could raise up this great nation and make us feel good to be Americans again. He could piss off our adversaries with his words but have them shaking in fear but the best part is he didn't just talk but he backed it up with action and that is what brought the great changes.

Timeline

http://en.wikipedia....sidential_terms

No one is busting your balls for anything. You posted a derogatory pic on Reagan and his Administration with no facts. you fail

No one really cares what your 16 year old mind saw back then for the most part you were deep into teen drama as any other teen of that age and was most likely only influenced by what your parents allowed you to see or hear.

If your entire repertoire of facts is from Wiki then you are in serious trouble. Serious!

Really it is your choice and your family's to live and work were you do so what was the point of that of this statment unless you thinkk it entitles you to more than what you or your labors are worth. is that the Case?

OOOO "you did not dream the reagan days" being 46 makes you so wise and epxerienced in the days of the 80's at least in politics world wide.

I tell you what put the Shovel down and do some research and use more than one source for learning you might find even a 46 year old construction worker has a mind and can learn.

regardig the Red.

While Economics was a major factor in bringing down the curtain; it was the unwavering determination of Reagan that prevented food supplies from going to the USSR until such a time as USSR admitted to its aggressive expansionism. It wsn't until after the USSR was starting to fall apart that he allowed grain sales to the USSR. There were many that worked against such actions wanting to sell grain early on and oil which the Soviets could have afforded but world sanctions prevented much of it to be sold to them. If Reagan had caved in to the pressures of these demands the Reaganomics would have happened quicker with less debt yet most likely probability is that the the curtain would be standing today and expanding.

BS. It was not done over decades. Reagan was a huge part of bringing down the curtain and Russia. I was also there as you like to say and even served in the military during the time and spent much time seeing that Iron curtain and even the DMZ in Korea and fighting insurgency. So don't tell me that Regan finally having the balls to engage in more than words and outspend the Inhumane regime didn't make a difference. It made all the difference. Before all we got was talk and acting like scared kids to bullies and trying to accommodate people who wanted no accommodation. So before you act like you know it all because you are a working stiff like me than you show ignorance. Only one man came along and lifted America up out of our depths we had fallen. Who is your hero? Carter?

America was as beaten down as can be and someone brought us out of it and that man was Reagan. The decades you talk about had seen America weaken and almost defeated ourselves.

Sure he sent a lot arms worldwide to start a fight with any that would fight the good fight against communists and we even had a doomsday clock that kept telling us that we were closer than at any time to total worldwide destruction and they kept pushing it closer to midnight as Reagan awakened us and pushed us to rise up but then something happened that I believed would never happen and it was after Reagan told them to tear down the wall. The wall came crashing down spectacularly. I stayed awake late those nights watching the wall come down and people poured over and celebrate. I was stunned to witness this in my lifetime. No man can claim more credit than this achievement than Reagan.

Who before him can claim any credit. Carter? LOL. Ford? LOL. Nixon? Not hardly. Johnson? Get real. Kennedy? Don't start me laughing. Eisenhower? Lame excuse for a president. Truman? He engaged at least but was scared of a second rate power. Roosevelt? I blame him more than anyone for allowing Stalin to keep power. So who and what did the preceding decades do to merit any thought on someone finally having the balls to kick the Soviet Union over?

We were the only credible super power left after the wall came down and what did we do? We decided to throw our vast wealth away on being a world wide policeman. We started placing troops in over a hundred countries and threatening the world to kowtow to what we wanted them to be and spent our goodwill in the process.

The main thing I can give Reagan credit for and that is with just his words he could raise up this great nation and make us feel good to be Americans again. He could piss off our adversaries with his words but have them shaking in fear but the best part is he didn't just talk but he backed it up with action and that is what brought the great changes.

:thumbs:

Edited by evli1966