ChelseaKate

Can the beneficiary call the NVC and Consulate who will process the Fiancee Visa?

18 posts in this topic

Can I call the NVC or the Consulate regarding the status of our application? And is the beneficiary allowed to call or only the petitioner? Any phone number that I can call? Thanks a lot for your help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can I call the NVC or the Consulate regarding the status of our application? And is the beneficiary allowed to call or only the petitioner? Any phone number that I can call? Thanks a lot for your help.

This is certainly not an Adjustment of Status question... moving to consulate forum...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, both beneficiary and petitioner can call the NVC/DOS to follow-up your case status. Im the beneficiary and I did make follow-up directly to them but Im using the magic jack of my friend.

For DOS:

This is where you will be able to find out if your case was received at the Embassy/Consulate. They will not see your case in their system until the NVC has logged it in and applied a case number to it.

1-202-663-1225

Press 1 for the Main Menu

Press 4 for Foreigners Applying To Come To the US

Press 2 for Immigrant Visas (yeah, yeah - we know they're not really)

Press 3 for Family or Employer Based Visas

Press 2 for Fiance(e) visas

Press 0 for an OperatorNVC/

Edited by bhebe

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

Yes, both beneficiary and petitioner can call the NVC/DOS to follow-up your case status. Im the beneficiary and I did make follow-up directly to them but Im using the magic jack of my friend.

For DOS:

This is where you will be able to find out if your case was received at the Embassy/Consulate. They will not see your case in their system until the NVC has logged it in and applied a case number to it.

1-202-663-1225

Press 1 for the Main Menu

Press 4 for Foreigners Applying To Come To the US

Press 2 for Immigrant Visas (yeah, yeah - we know they're not really)

Press 3 for Family or Employer Based Visas

Press 2 for Fiance(e) visas

Press 0 for an OperatorNVC/

Thanks so much! Is there a number i can call to inquire? I'm in the UK right now. Appreciate your help!

Thanks so much! Is there a number i can call to inquire? I'm in the UK right now. Appreciate your help! Oh, got the number, sorry. Thanks again! Best regards, Anee.

Thanks so much! Is there a number i can call to inquire? I'm in the UK right now. Appreciate your help!

Do I actually have to say that I'm the beneficiary? Should i call the embassy here in London to ask if they recieved something from the consulate? Sorry i'm just confused! Helpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, identify yourself as the beneficiary. They will ask for your USCIS NOA1 case number or NVC case number. Have the case number ready when you call.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Yes, identify yourself as the beneficiary. They will ask for your USCIS NOA1 case number or NVC case number. Have the case number ready when you call.

I only have the Alien number and the receipt number. Where can I find the NVC OR NOA1 case number? Thanks so much!

I only have the Alien number and the receipt number. Where can I find the NVC OR NOA1 case number? Thanks so much!

Btw. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the upper left or right of the NOA1 or NOA2, it says receipt# if from California service Center it will start with WACxxxxxxx.

See my first reply I indicated the tel# of NVC/DOS however im using magic jack when I call them. Because if you will use regular long distance call it is very expensive.

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

We were married in 2009 :)

The previous poster is correct. Your USCIS case number is on your NOA1...it usually starts with EAC or WAC.

If your I-129F is not approved yet, then you don't have an NVC case number assigned to you.

You guys really should get a MagicJack :) That thing kept my husband and I sane throughout the entire visa process (5 months)...saved him a whole bunch of money on international calls too, because they're considered local calls.

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yes and the # is 1 603 334 0700

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

We were married in 2009 :)

The previous poster is correct. Your USCIS case number is on your NOA1...it usually starts with EAC or WAC.

If your I-129F is not approved yet, then you don't have an NVC case number assigned to you.

You guys really should get a MagicJack :) That thing kept my husband and I sane throughout the entire visa process (5 months)...saved him a whole bunch of money on international calls too, because they're considered local calls.

Our application has been approved since July. Btw. what is a MagicJack? Lol Sorry i have no idea ;-) Called NVC but NO ONE ANSWERED THE PHONE AT ALL. Only a recorded message. Wow you've been married for a year now! Congrats!!!!

In the upper left or right of the NOA1 or NOA2, it says receipt# if from California service Center it will start with WACxxxxxxx.

See my first reply I indicated the tel# of NVC/DOS however im using magic jack when I call them. Because if you will use regular long distance call it is very expensive.

Got it, thanks! Called the number but can't get through. Well, my fiance just sent them an email.

How do you guys get through NVC? I CAN'T GET THROUGH AT ALL!Do you have to wait for hours? The recorded msg just kept repeating itself!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How do you guys get through NVC? I CAN'T GET THROUGH AT ALL!Do you have to wait for hours? The recorded msg just kept repeating itself!!

Yes the # i provided to you 1 603 334 0700 is the correct number.. I'm not sure if when you were callin they were closed. They are opened from 7:00am-12:00am EST. in your time zone (BST) i think you can call them between 12pm - 5am you are working with a 5 hour Difference.

To Speak with Someone you would choose

Option 2, Option 1,then Option 5. (IF you press option 1 as the greeting COMES On it will get you right to a person they were still able to help me and I have used that like 3 times.)

Hope this All Helped - do let me know.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Yes the # i provided to you 1 603 334 0700 is the correct number.. I'm not sure if when you were callin they were closed. They are opened from 7:00am-12:00am EST. in your time zone (BST) i think you can call them between 12pm - 5am you are working with a 5 hour Difference.

To Speak with Someone you would choose

Option 2, Option 1,then Option 5. (IF you press option 1 as the greeting COMES On it will get you right to a person they were still able to help me and I have used that like 3 times.)

Hope this All Helped - do let me know.

Thank you so much for your help. Got my Case number today from the tel. number you gave me. Now, i just have to call London embassy tomorrow. It's been with them for more than a month now but why i haven't recieved anything from them???? Just wondering................. Will keep you guys updated.. thanks again!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.