Matt and Evieve

Sent 129f Last August 30

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well, ok. But that is never unrealistic because some were able to get it through. Their I130 got approved after 39days. Also, the NVC will be the one who will decide if 129F or I130 will be pursued in which 129f for K3 visa is lesser waiting. There's nothing wrong with hoping anyway. We just don't want to settle for less. If that's your mind-set then there's nothing wrong with that. We are just thinking outside of the box which also possible.

I'm always a fan of being optimistic

but -

if you study the timelines at yer portal (click the flag under yer name, then look at left panel for the timelines)

then you'll see a different reality for these last 4 months, with approvals taking 4 to 6 months,

then NVC processing taking another 8 to 11 weeks.

The flipside, the good thing, is that once she arrives in USA on a CR-1 visa, she'll have a greencard soonish, no further fees to pay, no additional forms to fill out.

When you get some time, hey - study the NVC Processing formsets - at

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

Then for the overall process -

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Then if you'd like to 'push' things into NVC, based on 'status' at the online payment portal -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Finally, a smallish, sad note - adding in the I-129F petition will delay the processing at USCIS anywhere from 2 to 11 weeks, as the 'placeholder' in queue for the I-130 is yanked - and the 'place in the queue' for the I-130 then becomes the 'place in the queue' for the I-129F, which is later.

Welcome to VisaJourney !!! Good Luck with all !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always a fan of being optimistic

but -

if you study the timelines at yer portal (click the flag under yer name, then look at left panel for the timelines)

then you'll see a different reality for these last 4 months, with approvals taking 4 to 6 months,

then NVC processing taking another 8 to 11 weeks.

The flipside, the good thing, is that once she arrives in USA on a CR-1 visa, she'll have a greencard soonish, no further fees to pay, no additional forms to fill out.

When you get some time, hey - study the NVC Processing formsets - at

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

Then for the overall process -

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Then if you'd like to 'push' things into NVC, based on 'status' at the online payment portal -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Finally, a smallish, sad note - adding in the I-129F petition will delay the processing at USCIS anywhere from 2 to 11 weeks, as the 'placeholder' in queue for the I-130 is yanked - and the 'place in the queue' for the I-130 then becomes the 'place in the queue' for the I-129F, which is later.

Welcome to VisaJourney !!! Good Luck with all !

Thank you! Then again, we have different cases. Ours is not that complicated. There are a lot of factors that may affect the delays. My friend got their I130 and 129F approved after 2.5 months from filing the I130. Note at the same day! And she is now in US reunited with her husband.

That's basically it. I know there are readings provided but it's either the US gov't will make it hard for you or the otherwise. It all depends. With all these information, God knows best and so, we rely our hope in Him. Anything can happen ;)

With God, nothing is impossible!

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

Timeline

Oh.

Ok then.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, ok. But that is never unrealistic because some were able to get it through. Their I130 got approved after 39days. Also, the NVC will be the one who will decide if 129F or I130 will be pursued in which 129f for K3 visa is lesser waiting. There's nothing wrong with hoping anyway. We just don't want to settle for less. If that's your mind-set then there's nothing wrong with that. We are just thinking outside of the box which also possible.

Hello

"Thinking outside the box" is great for something you have control over, but with the Visa Process, it's best to not set any expectations.. You can possibly get a better feel once you receive NOA2, but even then It's dificult to estimate when your interview will be.. I think you can reasonably make some plans after you have your interview date.. Just dont pay any non-refundable deposits or buy plane tickets until the VISA is in-hand.. This process is completely un-predictable.. There is no ryme-or-reason to why some are approved in record times while others wait well beyond the average processing times..

Good Luck...

Kenny

Edited by kennym

Timeline

With all these information, God knows best and so, we rely our hope in Him. Anything can happen ;)

With God, nothing is impossible!

God, IMO, wants you to have 'full knowledge acquisition' on your immigration process, as well (in addition to). It's up to you, still (since God gives us free will) to choose to assimilate this knowledge, then go forth with the new knowledge.

God, IMO, wants you to have 'full knowledge acquisition' on your immigration process, as well (in addition to). It's up to you, still (since God gives us free will) to choose to assimilate this knowledge, then go forth with the new knowledge.

Ok ok. Hahaha. The posts really made me laugh. Why are you guys so pushy. Like what you said, we have free will. So, do your own thing and I'll do mine. That's it ;) But thank you. God bless you! :)

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

Timeline

Ok ok. Hahaha. The posts really made me laugh. Why are you guys so pushy. Like what you said, we have free will. So, do your own thing and I'll do mine. That's it ;) But thank you. God bless you! :)

Matt and Evieve

I am just cracking up... Yea why are they so pushy? That's hilarious question.. Why are you on this forum again?

It seems like Darnell is trying to help.. But You're sooo right that's hillarious that he wants you to read something that could be helpful to you...

It's great to see newcomers that knows everything... Why are you on this forum again? lol, he he he.. oh man, what a riot..

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Matt and Evieve

I am just cracking up... Yea why are they so pushy? That's hilarious question.. Why are you on this forum again?

It seems like Darnell is trying to help.. But You're sooo right that's hillarious that he wants you to read something that could be helpful to you...

It's great to see newcomers that knows everything... Why are you on this forum again? lol, he he he.. oh man, what a riot..

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hahaha. I'm not up for anything. I was very appreciative and I really checked on the links. I was just sharing that there's nothing wrong with our plan of calling them. It's not like I'm gonna lost anything and so are you. It's none of our loss ;)

Peace be with you, guys! Calm down ;)

Everything has a purpose and reason :)

Timeline

No trouble here, just think it hilarious that you seem to resent when help is given and using Religion as something to Create controversy.. None of us are arguing that God plays a role in everything we do, whether its Visa's, relationships, finances or just anything, it's just the way that so-called christians throw this around..

Darnell is suggesting you educate yourself and that's all.. It's called being a good steward.. So rather than being arrogant, take peoples suggestions graciously.. ok?

Peace back to you...

I'm not being arrogant and I did take the suggestions. You are just accepting my comments offensively. I'm a happy person and sure thing we are different people. So, I hold nothing wrong from anyone of you as I respect each one. Well, sorry if my comments misguided you. It was a lot of help actually. Then again, thank you!

Let's be happy because soon we will get our NOAs. That would be great and all of bragging comments will be considered none as we will be overwhelmed by the happiness to be reunited with our spouse.

This is God's will.

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." -Matthew 19:6

We will soon be together with our loved-one. That's one unbreakable promise! ;)

Peace out!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm not being arrogant and I did take the suggestions. You are just accepting my comments offensively. I'm a happy person and sure thing we are different people. So, I hold nothing wrong from anyone of you as I respect each one. Well, sorry if my comments misguided you. It was a lot of help actually. Then again, thank you!

Let's be happy because soon we will get our NOAs. That would be great and all of bragging comments will be considered none as we will be overwhelmed by the happiness to be reunited with our spouse.

This is God's will.

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." -Matthew 19:6

We will soon be together with our loved-one. That's one unbreakable promise! ;)

Peace out!

Good Luck on your journey :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

That's basically it. I know there are readings provided but it's either the US gov't will make it hard for you or the otherwise. It all depends. With all these information, God knows best and so, we rely our hope in Him. Anything can happen ;)

Uhm, it's not so much, really, that the US Gov't will make it hard for you, or not - to 'become hard' is really an anomoly, and usually is based on the fact that something was omitted on the initial submittal(s) or there are red flags that USCIS found during the namechecks that the petitioner didn't divulge during the initial filing.

Mostly, this 'time' revolves around a queue , driven by internal USCIS 'priority' for adjudicating casefiles. VSC handles many types of petitions, so the internal priority does shift from week to week, thus affecting the queue. Also, there is some VOLUME LOAD at VSC as well, that affects the queue. There are other queues, for other things, both at USCIS and NVC and even the Embassy. Queues are important, learning about queues, even more so.

Personally, I think it's always up to God to 'let us know' about these things, but mostly, he's quiet, and instead, somehow chooses to 'reveal all' through other writings from other humans. It's not so much a 'faith' thing, as it is a 'free will' thing, where humans took advantage of the 'free will' to get out there and actually learn something about the visa process, by reading stuff from other humans who took advantage of the 'free will' to write something for others. I am thankful, always, that God has given us free will, with the power to choose.

I'm not knocking you, at all - I just (hopefully) am pointing out that whilst God is in the mix on the visa process, it's mostly up to humans to 'get it done'. I also wasn't trying to be funny, or humourous, or even disparaging. My apologies if it came across that way - I'm truly NOT knocking you, on anything.

When you have time, study the links I've posted throughout yer topic, and if indeed YOU become the subject-matter-expert on this process, please choose to educate yer USC Spouse about all of this, as well, as yer USC Spouse will get REALLY BUSY driving NVC stuff, later.

One thing that bothers me, is any assumption, or hope, that someone will get a fast approval because others, previously, have gotten a fast approval. There's 2 main reasons for getting a fast approval - and it's

--accurately-filled-out petition and

--higher priority on the queue for that petition type.

Is 39 days (from yer example) a reasonable expectation? It can be, if in fact the 'prior conditions' at USCIS that facilitated fast approvals, are REPEATED during the time that YOUR petition is IN THE QUEUE. I don't see that happening the rest of the year, based on VOLUME of the last few months.

I'll also suggest to you that anyone that got approved in 39 days during 2010, past March 1, 2010, had an expedite in place, with USCIS.

Good Luck with future stuff !

Hi Darnell,

I don't feel like you're 'knocking on me' as you put it. It's just that we have our ways of communicating and how you said it were really fine. Thank you for that. Also, we have different beliefs when it comes to religion. And I respect your views on how I see it, I also stand on my belief, God is behind all these things ;)

So, we just called the USCIS this morning for a request and it was accepted and we're waiting for an approval. We were told we can hear from then between 5-10 days. So far, they don't ask for RFEs. And thankfully, we got to be talking to a very nice USCIS customer agent who assisted

Be updating soon for any progress.

God bless us all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, we just called the USCIS this morning for a request and it was accepted and we're waiting for an approval. We were told we can hear from then between 5-10 days. So far, they don't ask for RFEs. And thankfully, we got to be talking to a very nice USCIS customer agent who assisted

Be updating soon for any progress.

God bless us all!

So I'm confused, what did you request from USCIS? What was said and what was 'accepted'?

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

So I'm confused, what did you request from USCIS? What was said and what was 'accepted'?

We wanted to ask for our status, percent it is close to completion, and USCIS asked for both the receipts of our I130 and 129F and checked it. They said they have no problems with our papers so far. So we asked if there's anything we can do to make it faster so we were directed to another USCIS agent who was very helpful and said that our reasons were accepted but still have to undergo a process if it will be approved. Within 5-10 days, we'll have the answer. According to her, if she'll the one to decide, she'll approve it. But we'll see if it will be granted, God willing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.