Ggreen

Tolerance in Islam.

113 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you! Now, maybe we can have some proper discourse. Also, thanks to the OP for trying to start a positive discussion.

I am sure most of the members didn't read the article that I provided the link to, it states how early Muslims lived in peace together with people from other faith, how they used to pray under the same roof although they have different faith.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I am sure most of the members didn't read the article that I provided the link to, it states how early Muslims lived in peace together with people from other faith, how they used to pray under the same roof although they have different faith.

Ya, your thread was hijacked pretty quick by agenda driven haterz. They'r not looking for happy endings.

I read your article, and it was pure rubish. First of all Spain was invaded by the Muslim's, yet your article fails to mention that. It also fails to mention what happened after the Muslim's invaded.

Again that article mentions the rebellion in Greece as far as the Greek's getting rid of the mosque, yet it fails to mention how the Muslim's were able to build them in Greece in the first place.

It also hints towards the most recent war in the Balkans in regards to Christian Serbs, Croats, and Muslim Bosnians and Albanians, yet it fails to mention that it was the Christian nations of the West who stepped in to stop the slaughter...NATO ring any bells or maybe the bombing of Belgrade.

Anyone with a 8th grade education could point out so many holes in that article you posted that it would make one's head spin.

And no this post is not anti Muslim and it is not a flame in any sort. If anything this post is "anti ####### articles".

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

The key word being 'used to' when it is quite clear that currently there are a significant amount of Muslims, though certainly not all, and arguably not most, which posses no discernible inclination towards peaceful coexistence or tolerance for anything or anyone not lockstep in line with their Radical Islamic agenda.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

071010-pet-rabbit-03.jpg

Don't go making me issue a fatwa on bunny pic posting! ;-)

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

They do say that to make friends you should always avoid discussions on politics and religion. Football, however, is a universal language embraced by all political, religious and various other persuasions. c'mon the mighty reds.

America has Football

everyone else has Soccer

Football > Soccer

I have limited my posting on this thread and this board not because I'm a fraud, as BY asserts, but because it's making me truly sad to see how low some people will go to present a faith and its nearly one billion and a half adherents as blood thirsty heathen murders. The lies, cherry picked history and insistence that only one side be presented as truth is seriously disheartening.

I know a lot about Islam, it's diversity, history and cultures. I've made that my life's work so I could use it to combat oppression in the service of others. There are so many good and caring people who have defended Muslims here, and pointed out contradictions in the accusations thrown at it, I appreciate that.

There are so many lies, obfuscations, distortions and falsehoods flying around, it's hard to know where to begin. I'm tired of being required to explain the SOS over and over again when it would be best if another approach could be taken that makes things clear. A book of more than 6,000 verses which contains so much beauty is being reduced to a few verses that dictate how to respond in war. And not even all the war verses, just the ones that serve a limited and very negative purpose.

Islam is more than what hateful people project onto it. It is far more like Judaism and Christianity than not. But, there are a few on this board with an evil agenda that won't allow us to move beyond their extremist understanding of a great faith. Their reductionist view and aggressive offense to anything other than minimalizing Muslims and Islam prevents an honest discourse.

I don't believe this will always be the case, but, for now it is. I don't want to become what some here have become, so, I will remove myself from the discussion until VJ figures out a way to keep bullies from dominating the board.

Not saying there are not bullies on VJ but there are Bullies on both sides if there are so again I tell you careful for what you ask for.

I would not fall you a fake but you do as other are doing avoid the hard questions and never answer them. If you want a discussion then answer the questions and post a question of your own that is how it works.

Not sure that I'd read her mind like that, but I do see a sweeping dismissal of honest questions from someone who's trying very hard to keep an open mind but who instead receives implications of being "low, cherry-picking, lying, reductionist," and a "bully" -- or who is being lumped in with those whom she considers such. This is very disappointing, and I will apparently have to reach my own conclusions about various matters.

I await specific answers to my questions.

I await a well I saw no malice in the questions you asked in regars to the teachings of the Koran.

Sorry to disappoint you, but, your post just confirms that nothing I've said makes a difference. I have better things to do than endure insults and be demeaned for the explanations I have offered. There are places where people actually want to share, not just dictate to others. I prefer a dialogue to a monologue.

again a Dialogue is both ways ask a question get answred and you answer their questions. Or you refute facts.

Ya, your thread was hijacked pretty quick by agenda driven haterz. They'r not looking for happy endings.

Again I would not say that there is a question standing but you avoid it.

If you believe the scritures are out of context please enlighten us by placing it into context using the Koran.

That is what I do when soemone tries to pull scripture from the bible and it is out of context.