Ahmed&Rachel

Help! Lost or Opened Medical Examination

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My fiance's mother insisted on keeping the medical examination records safe. Today They went to go get them so he could collect the documents and ready himself to leave for the US and they were missing from their place. They looked everywhere and could not seem to find them. He did find something that looked like it could have been them with the hospitals seal stamped on it but they were in a regular envelope and obviously had been opened even though the original envelope clearly said "DO NOT OPEN" regardless of the reason why they had been opened what can be done in this situation?

Timeline

It may just be a copy that was found. I also need to know what to do in the case of a lost Medical Examination and if it's possible to just have it re-assembled.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Worst case scenario - will have to redo a medical exam in the USA, include it with the I-485 'set' when filing for AOS.

He'll have to explain to the CBP goon at the POE that the medical exam file was lost.

What's going on with the CONSULATE FILE, by the way? (Thats different from the medical file, usually) - Does he have THAT FILE, as well?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I guess I am a bit uneducated on what files he received on his end... It appears to me that he is gathering all the papers and has everything but the medical Exam papers. Stupidly, I haven't thought much about all the documents hes going to need to come here... been extremely preoccupied with planning for his arrival. I guess I should read up on that more so we can go over it. Thanks...

Besides that, I don't remember how long the med exam took but hes due to leave Oct 1st... I pray to god he just finds it unopened. He just told me he thinks it's a copy because it looks photocopied so hopefully this document is nothing from that packet... but now we still have to worry about finding it.

Timeline

Huh, You just made me realize how dis-attached I've become from the mess he must be going through on his side... what with all the planning I guess I kind of left him alone. Feel horrible now. :unsure:

Timeline

the 'consulate file' is another 'sealed envelope', is handed over to the CBP goons at the POE.

It contains the entire I-129F petition, all VISA application forms, resulting namecheck documentation, notes from USCIS/NVC/USEmbassy.

If THAT is lost - ouch - I don't know what to tell you.

Sometimes the 'medical exam' is inside the 'SEALED ENVELOPE' itself, so it won't be 2 sealed envelopes - instead - it will be only one.

This varies by country and Embassy - but....

make sure he has that SEALED ENVELOPE from the Consulate - if he has that, then he doesn't need to worry about the medical exam - as

EITHER

--he can get a new medical exam in the USA or

--the medical exam is IN the SEALED ENVELOPE from the Consulate.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

This is Ahmed, Rachel's fiancee. I actually remembered that i sent the medical exam to the embassy but with all the fuss that followed and the the AP i forgot about it till now. It is likely that they put the Examination inside the brown envelope so that's why there are no other packages just like Darnell said. Of course i thought it would be separate from the brown envelope and that's why i panicked and thought it was lost. Wish i saw your post earlier Darnell...would have saved me lots of trouble >.<.

Timeline

Some Embassies will actually 'cut a tear' into the envelope,

so that the CBP staffer can examine the envelope without opening it.

IF you have such a tear -

then suggest you 'take a look' to see if any 'medical exam packet' inside.

Do not make the tear larger

and

do not open that envelope.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is Ahmed, Rachel's fiancee. I actually remembered that i sent the medical exam to the embassy but with all the fuss that followed and the the AP i forgot about it till now. It is likely that they put the Examination inside the brown envelope so that's why there are no other packages just like Darnell said. Of course i thought it would be separate from the brown envelope and that's why i panicked and thought it was lost. Wish i saw your post earlier Darnell...would have saved me lots of trouble >.<.

You should have received ONE sealed brown envelope that said "DO NOT OPEN". If you have that, and the contents, you are fine. If it has been opened (except for the cut corner Darnell mentioned) then take it back to the consulate and they will inspect it and re-seal it. DO NOT give it to anyone else and DO NOT open it. That, together with your passport with the visa, is all you need to enter the US.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

First thanks for replying to us guys, i really appreciate your input on our problem. As for the sealed envelope, there is no tear on it or any other way to verify its contents and obviously i know better than to even try opening it. Oh well, i think i am just gonna go with the comforting thought that they put the medical report within the envelope. Again thank you so much guys for trying to help and special thanks to Darnell who always answers everyone's questions as much as he can :) .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, don't worry!! the medical examination envelope is inside the brown envelope, it's not lost or anything! :)

K1 Timeline
03/08/10 - I-129F packet sent to VSC
07/07/10 - Interview Date - APPROVED!
10/28/10 - POE @ Chicago
11/21/10 - Marriage

AOS, AP, EAD.
01/18/11 - AOS, AP, EAD packet sent
03/07/2011 - Biometrics appointment
03/29/2011 - AOS, AP and EAD approved (After 2.5 months)
04/04/2011 - Green card in hand[/size]

ROC
02/12/2013 - ROC packet sent
02/21/2013 - NOA1 Received
03/09/2013 - Biometrics appointment
06/19/2013 - ROC APPROVED!

N-400 Naturalization

06/20/2014 - N-400 Packet sent

07/15/2014 - Check Cashedarrow-10x10.png

08/04/2014 - Biometrics

02/19/2015 - Interview

03/26/2015 - Oath Ceremony
event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Does it say by any chance on the visa itself (in the comments section) something like "medical included".

It is what it says on mine so I know for sure the medical is in the brown envelope.

Good luck on your journey

Bruno

K-1 2010 / 04 / 02 - I-129F sent
K-1 2010 / 08 / 18 - Interview at embassy in Paris, France
AOS 2011 / 01 / 15 - AOS package sent
AOS 2011 / 04 / 14 - Interview

ROC 2013 / 02 / 04 - ROC package sent
ROC 2013 / 07 / 27 - New GC received

CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 03 / 17 - N-400 package sent
CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 08 / 27 - Oath ceremony

--- THE END ---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.