Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

We haven't put a lot of thought into our honeymoon yet. We're doing the wedding later so we still have a lot of time to figure it all out. The plan is to do a small civil ceremony for the K1 requirements and then in 2012 doing a more traditional ceremony, partly because it's a little too overwhelming for us to try to plan the big ceremony around the K1 process since it can be so unpredictable and partly so we have a little more time to save money for it. We're more comfortable doing the planning after the K1 is behind us. :)

We've tossed around a couple of honeymoon ideas though - the bigger ceremony is planned to be in Niagara Falls and we may stay there longer for the honeymoon, but we also like the idea of going somewhere like Mexico.

St Maarten island looks beautiful!

Sorry, I forgot to mention we're doing the big wedding in 2012 as well, in Romania - from where we both are. You're right about it being too overwhelming. We're also planning just a little civil ceremony for the K-1 with a little after party, but we would like to have o trip after we get married, a trip that could feel like a honeymoon, but maybe the real honeymoon will be after the big wedding. :P Anyway, that's not the issue. The only thing that matters is to be reunited with our loved ones by the end of this year. :star:

Mexico sounds good...!

Edited by Ella & Octav

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Am i the only one planning a real wedding when my fiance gets here on the K1? o.o Theres not much planned yet, but I know what church I want to have it in and roughly how many people.(about 50-100 is the plan)

I envy you two, doing nothing all day! I'd love to have that again. I work part time and go to college full time. So i'm always busy doing something.

08/31/10: Mailed I-129f package via Express USPS to Lewisville TX.

09/01/10: Forwarded to Dallas from Lewisville.

09/02/10: Delivered to USCIS and signed for by Ben Mcbride.

09/09/10: Check cashed!

09/11/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received, dated 09/03/10! & Touched!

09/13/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched!

02/28/22: NOA2

03/08/2011: NVC received

03/17/2011: London received

03/24/2011: Packet 3 received

05/25/11: Mailed part 1 of Packet 3

??/??/11: Mailed part 2 Packet 3

??/??/11: London logged packet 3

??/??/11: Medical

??/??/11: Interview

s-event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We are planning already the Big Boom, signing the Contract with the Reception Hall on Saturday and got the Dress already.Honeymoon due to budget restrictions LOL is "cancelled" because our Wedding with family is expensive already flying them in ;)

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Tomislav and I are also waiting to do the big wedding until after things settle down and we're planning it for June, 2012 in Croatia. It's a compromise since he's moving here and everything and he has a rather large family who definitely wouldn't travel to the States for the wedding here. Also my family is orginially from Poland so all of my relatives are still in Poland besides my parents and sister who are here. I know which church I want to get married in, I just hope we'll be able to find a bilingual priest because my Croatian is not good enough to say much past "I do!"

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

We're planning a church wedding and a honeymoon in the US. After we're married, sometime when we're in Germany we'll do something there to celebrate with people who won't be able to come to the US for the wedding.

7/26/10 Engaged
9/15/10 - Mailed I-129F to Dallas
9/17/10 - Received in Dallas
9/23/10 - NOA1 (Email - Sent to VSC)
9/24/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received Dated 9/20/10)
10/3/10 - Touched
3/23/11 - NOA2 (Email - Sent to NVC)
3/31/11 - Letter from NVC confirming receipt (Letter dated then)
4/6/11 - Email confirmation from NVC - Paperwork sent to Frankfurt
4/9/11 - Packet 3 received from Frankfurt
4/19/11 - Packet 4 received from Frankfurt
5/16/11 - Fiance's Interview in Frankfurt - Approved
6/11/11 - Wedding Date

7/1/11 - NOA AOS, EAD, AP documents received
7/27/11 - Biometrics
8/26/11 - Emails that AP and EAD are approved - EAD card sent to be ordered, should be sent within 30 days
10/31/11 - Email that GC is approved.
11/4/11 - GC received!

7/30/13 - NOA1 for ROC

8/27/13 - Biometrics

9/23/13 - Received notice of case being transferred from VSC to CSC

10/28/13 - GC ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My Fiance and I are planning our "real" (and only) wedding for right after our K-1. We're booked for June 18th, 2011 and I filed in the beginning of August so hopefully I've given myself plenty of time. *fingers crossed*

We're doing our honeymoon then too, but we planning on just going to Puerto Rico as it still counts as not leaving the US as long as you don't have a connection anywhere outside the US. I'm a tiny bit concerned just because June is the beginning of hurricane season down in Puerto Rico but I'm hoping since its really just the very beginning we'll get lucky. Puerto Rico was neither of our first choices but it's the best we could come up with. We're planning on doing a "second honeymoon" when he gets his green card because then we'll be able to go wherever we want! :)

Also I'm totally an August filer crashing your Sept filers party, sorry! :P

Edited to say: Oh yea, and for all of my Fiance's family who can't come to the wedding, we're doing an engagement party sometime next spring in England. We're hoping that I'll be able to fly over, attend the interview with him and then have the party all in one week.

Edited by Amyyduck

Also I'm totally an August filer crashing your Sept filers party, sorry! :P

Yor input is always welcome, Amyyduck. Just be sure to let us all know when you get your NOA2, so that we can start getting excited about receiving all of ours, God willing, soon after. :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Timeline

Yor input is always welcome, Amyyduck. Just be sure to let us all know when you get your NOA2, so that we can start getting excited about receiving all of ours, God willing, soon after. :thumbs:

I most certainly will! :)

Timeline

I most certainly will! :)

Good to know. :P And stop saying that, you're not crashing our party. You're more than welcome to stop by anytime you want. We're happy to have you. As for the interview, I'm completely sure that it will be this year. Spring is too far for someone who has filed in August at VSC, which by the way... I've heard it's starting to move. So... I'd be more positive about it! :P

Edited by Ella & Octav

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

Your post made me smile.(I had to say it. :D)

Woohooo, I'm sure our NOA2s are coming soooon!! :luv:

Edited by Ella & Octav

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Am i the only one planning a real wedding when my fiance gets here on the K1? o.o Theres not much planned yet, but I know what church I want to have it in and roughly how many people.(about 50-100 is the plan)

I envy you two, doing nothing all day! I'd love to have that again. I work part time and go to college full time. So i'm always busy doing something.

I would have thought that back when I was working 12 hour shifts in a kitchen 5 days week, :P but it's actually very dull and, for me, makes me feel kind of useless right now.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Timeline

Good to know. :P And stop saying that, you're not crashing our party. You're more than welcome to stop by anytime you want. We're happy to have you. As for the interview, I'm completely sure that it will be this year. Spring is too far for someone who has filed in August at VSC, which by the way... I've heard it's starting to move. So... I'd be more positive about it! :P

Ok so I didn't really mean spring, I'm estimating that his interview will be more like in January or February. I'm originally from California but I live in Boston now so I sometimes get confused regarding seasons. February is definitely still winter for most people so I don't really know why I said spring! :lol:

Anyway, I'm definitely trying to stay positive! I'm hoping they'll get through the July filers this month, do August filers in November and then you guys will be right around the corner in December. I am a tiny bit apprehensive though about the holidays because I can only imagine things probably slow way down around then. Hopefully it won't do too much damage though.

Yesterday was my two month NOA1 anniversary. Waiting is so hard!!!

Timeline

Ok so I didn't really mean spring, I'm estimating that his interview will be more like in January or February. I'm originally from California but I live in Boston now so I sometimes get confused regarding seasons. February is definitely still winter for most people so I don't really know why I said spring! :lol:

Anyway, I'm definitely trying to stay positive! I'm hoping they'll get through the July filers this month, do August filers in November and then you guys will be right around the corner in December. I am a tiny bit apprehensive though about the holidays because I can only imagine things probably slow way down around then. Hopefully it won't do too much damage though.

Tell me about it. We have just a month from NOA1 and I'm already losing patience. :P Anyway, we'll get through this eventually. I have my own reasons to think it will be this year. You'll be approved faster. I hope. :P Anyway... As I've seen it, it doesn't matter the order. Because I have a friend who's a June Filer and was approved in August, then an August filer was approved this October... So it depends. :unsure: Anyway... the end of 2010 - the beginning of 2011! :P

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My Fiance and I are planning our "real" (and only) wedding for right after our K-1. We're booked for June 18th, 2011 and I filed in the beginning of August so hopefully I've given myself plenty of time. *fingers crossed*

Haha if anything my date will be june 19th :)

but our primary date is april 30th ;) and the next one would be june 5th .. or then june 19th.

All 3 are on our save the dates cards :) so ppl know already, BUT the invites have more time to be send out

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Wow California to Boston! That's a big move and big change in weather patterns! Oh and btw--group fondle ;) haha thats hilarious!

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.