imailin

Please answer. What to answer in interview?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Some questions have several answers, most of them are similar so I know I can answer any of them, but some are just thiferent

Example:

What did Susan B. Anthony do?Answer:

- fought for women’s rights; ? or - fought for civil rights?

either one is right? or I have to say both?

or for example:

What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?*

Answer:

- fought for civil rights; - worked for equality for all Americans

any of them is correct or I have to mention all?

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Timeline

Some questions have several answers, most of them are similar so I know I can answer any of them, but some are just thiferent

Example:

What did Susan B. Anthony do?Answer:

- fought for women's rights; ? or - fought for civil rights?

either one is right? or I have to say both?

or for example:

What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?*

Answer:

- fought for civil rights; - worked for equality for all Americans

any of them is correct or I have to mention all?

or in this question: should I mention all?

Why did the colonists fight the British?Answer:

- because of high taxes (taxation without representation); - because the British army stayed in their houses (boarding, quartering); - because they didn’t have self-government

Removal of Conditions:

06/07/2007 Received NOA

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

or in this question: should I mention all?

Why did the colonists fight the British?Answer:

- because of high taxes (taxation without representation); - because the British army stayed in their houses (boarding, quartering); - because they didn't have self-government

I took that test a couple of months ago... the test and the answers are on the USCIS website.

And as the last response you got, they are all right just answer the one you feel comfortable wiith.

Removal of Conditions 8/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you compare this question:

61. Why did the colonists fight the British?

• because of high taxes (taxation without representation)
  • because the British army stayed in their houses (boarding, quartering)
  • because they didn’t have self-government

With this question:

58. What is one reason colonists came to America?

• freedom
  • political liberty
  • religious freedom
  • economic opportunity
  • practice their religion
  • escape persecution

Question 61 does not specify only one, two, or three of the following answers you have to know, so you have to know all the answers.

Question 58 says only one of the six reasons you have to know, so only have to remember one of those six reasons.

Just read each question carefully, it tells you the number of answers you have to know, if not, you have to know all the answers.

Wife and I studied the old test, for this question:

64. There were 13 original states. Name three.

• New Hampshire
  • Massachusetts
  • Rhode Island
  • Connecticut
  • New York
  • New Jersey
  • Pennsylvania
  • Delaware
  • Maryland
  • Virginia
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina
  • Georgia

She had to memorize all 13 original states, you only have to memorize three of them, feel the new test is much easier.

Would answer this question, she fought for women's and civil rights.

77. What did Susan B. Anthony do?

• fought for women’s rights
  • fought for civil rights

Of this one, he fought and worked for civil and equal rights for all Americans.

85. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?*

• fought for civil rights
  • worked for equality for all Americans

Timeline

I took that test a couple of months ago... the test and the answers are on the USCIS website.

And as the last response you got, they are all right just answer the one you feel comfortable wiith.

Thanks guys!! I guess it is the same when I need to mentione my US representative. I Live in Miami and there are many! I will named my district us representative

Removal of Conditions:

06/07/2007 Received NOA

Naturalization Process:

Timeline

Ironically, after my wife struggled with naming the 13 original states and the four amendments to the US Constitution, she was asked to name her congressman, senator, governor, and who is the governmental head of your city, the mayor for the first four questions. Other two were the three colors of the flag and how many stripes. Kind of figured they wouldn't ask her those long answered questions, would be way to complicated for the IO to keep track of those long answers. But you never know for sure.

You can go to this site and learn the name of your congressman, https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml, bu just typing in your zip code. Was easy for my wife married to me, she met our congressman and senator in person, but not our governor, he was too busy dreaming up new taxes to charge us.

Timeline

Ironically, after my wife struggled with naming the 13 original states and the four amendments to the US Constitution, she was asked to name her congressman, senator, governor, and who is the governmental head of your city, the mayor for the first four questions. Other two were the three colors of the flag and how many stripes. Kind of figured they wouldn't ask her those long answered questions, would be way to complicated for the IO to keep track of those long answers. But you never know for sure.

You can go to this site and learn the name of your congressman, https://writerep.hou...p/welcome.shtml, bu just typing in your zip code. Was easy for my wife married to me, she met our congressman and senator in person, but not our governor, he was too busy dreaming up new taxes to charge us.

Thank you!!! let me ask you the governmental head of your city and the major are the same thing correct?

Thanks!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/07/2007 Received NOA

Naturalization Process:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Thank you!!! let me ask you the governmental head of your city and the major are the same thing correct?

Thanks!!

A good piece of advice just memorize one name, the one that is easy to remember that is what I did...after memorizing all 100 questions they asked me the easy ones!!

Good luck to you..and just realized you are from Argentina!! Yo soy Chilena!! buena suerte!!

Edited by mamamimi

Removal of Conditions 8/2012

Filed: Other Timeline

You should really invest $14.00 and get the flash cards from USCIS.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If you compare this question:

61. Why did the colonists fight the British?

• because of high taxes (taxation without representation)
  • because the British army stayed in their houses (boarding, quartering)
  • because they didnt have self-government

With this question:

58. What is one reason colonists came to America?

• freedom
  • political liberty
  • religious freedom
  • economic opportunity
  • practice their religion
  • escape persecution

Question 61 does not specify only one, two, or three of the following answers you have to know, so you have to know all the answers.

Nick I think you might be wrong on this:

Where the USCIS lists several answers, I think EACH if these is an acceptable answer - so we don't have to know them all.

New Test Questions and Answers

Some questions have more than one correct answer. In those cases, all acceptable answers are shown. All answers are shown exactly as worded by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/blinstst_new.htm

I will try and find more links...

New Naturalization Test Questions

Beginning on Oct. 1, 2008, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will replace the set of questions currently used as part of the citizenship test with the questions listed here. All applicants who file for naturalization on or after October 1, 2008 will be required to take the new test. For those applicants who file prior to October 1, 2008 but are not interviewed until after October , 2008 (but before October 1, 2009), there will be an option of taking the new test or the current one.

New Test Questions and Answers

Some questions have more than one correct answer. In those cases, all acceptable answers are shown. All answers are shown exactly as worded by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

* If you are 65 years old or older and have been a legal permanent resident of the United States for 20 or more years, you may study just the questions that have been marked with an asterisk.

AMERICAN GOVERNMENT

A. Principles of American Democracy

1. What is the supreme law of the land?

A: The Constitution

2. What does the Constitution do?

A: sets up the government

A: defines the government

A: protects basic rights of Americans

3. The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?

A: We the People

4. What is an amendment?

http://jp.promo.web.id/citizenship-english-question-translate-to-arabic

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Here is the USCIS self test:

except where indicated by 'name one or two ' etc, all questions can be answered with one from the list offered

Where it offers a list of answers to each question, you dont have to memorise them all - one will do.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=88086338b3281210VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=7a649ddf801b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Here is the USCIS self test:

except where indicated by 'name one or two ' etc, all questions can be answered with one from the list offered

Where it offers a list of answers to each question, you dont have to memorise them all - one will do.

http://www.uscis.gov...000b92ca60aRCRD

Quickly countered about 24 multiple answer questions that did not specify you only had to one, two, or three of the given answers. Most of these questions have very similar answers. Like:

12. What is the “rule of law”?

• Everyone must follow the law.
  • Leaders must obey the law.
  • Government must obey the law.
  • No one is above the law.

If everyone must follow the law, that would also include leaders, (not so sure about this) government, (again not so sure), and No one, (except maybe Bush), but disregarding my comments, Everyone must follow the law should cover the other three answers and be sufficient to satisfy the law. They could also have given our many corrupt judges and police enforcement offices as possible answers.

This question is a perfect example of three different answers stating the same thing in a slightly different manner:

8. What did the Declaration of Independence do?

• announced our independence (from Great Britain)
  • declared our independence (from Great Britain)
  • said that the United States is free (from Great Britain)

Like that answer what did the Declaration of Independence do, it declared our Independence, kind of like asking, who is buried in Grants' tomb?

Would declaring independence from the UK, or the United Kingdom, or England also be correct? Could never get that straight.

Our major means of study was having my wife read all hundred questions twice on our drive over for her interview as I was driving. Sometimes I would give the wrong answer so she could correct me. Teaching is a very effective way of learning, in her 43 minute interview, about two minutes of it was spend taking both the English and Civics test. Wife has a good short term memory, forgot most of the answers the next day.

I was touched by studying the test with her, when in the hell did we get away from these basic principles?

Timeline

Thanks!!

That was on the old test, actually since the USCIS was in transition, wife and I studied both, hey, you can miss 40% of the answers and still pass! Major difference was the addition of geography questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.