Dr. A ♥ O

MENA Daily Chat 1.0

440 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning! Happy Tuesday everyone!

Morning Olivia and MsW! Hope your day is going well.

Ok, anytime now like the rest of the world, the temps can drop a couple degrees!

It's another hot day....wish fall would literally FALL upon us poor creatures of the desert! :lol:

I'm lucky again today...I get to do some shopping. Maybe if it was cooler...ohhh yeah...that's in my dreams!

Shopping here is an adventure. First firing up the A/C...getting to where you want to go with Tucson's horrible

traffic ( have to admit it's NOTHING like Phoenix)...parking and the winner is, putting up that sunscreen thing in your

windows so you don't burn to death when you get back in your car!! I fight with that sucker all the time. Really doesn't

matter if your windows are tinted. The thought makes me want to stay home. :yes:

I sure hope everyone is doing well and having a good day! Stay cool wherever you are!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello to all! I am new here just really looking to talk to others and get some insight and advice and make some friends. It's strange how a person can have so many friends and family but feel so alone and unable to talk to anyone about what they are feeling and going through. I am just so sick with missing my husband! I know there are others here like me and I would love to talk to you and maybe we can encourage each other? My name is Amber and I have been married to my Ahmed since March 25, 2010.

Timeline

Hello to all! I am new here just really looking to talk to others and get some insight and advice and make some friends. It's strange how a person can have so many friends and family but feel so alone and unable to talk to anyone about what they are feeling and going through. I am just so sick with missing my husband! I know there are others here like me and I would love to talk to you and maybe we can encourage each other? My name is Amber and I have been married to my Ahmed since March 25, 2010.

Welcome again Amber!! So happy you came to the site! People are awesome here. As you can see we are or were

all in the same ole visa journey boat! We all have so much in common and it's nice to see how everyone is progressing

in their own individual journey. Hope you will come back often. Take care and again WELCOME to you and Ahmed!

Wael and I will be married 4yrs Oct 28th!!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome aboard, Amber :)

Good morning/afternoon/whatever everyone.

just hanging out with the kiddo today, hoping if I ignore that giant pile of laundry long enough it will just disappear. I'll let you know how that works out...

considering making some cookies this afternoon.

:thumbs:

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Wonderful, Jeanne, Sara & Amber

Welcome to the site Amber :thumbs:

Hope everyone is having a great day. Getting ready to go to this place called Hussein tonight, I was there last time I was here and it was nice. Tomorrow we're suppose take a boat ride on the Nile, and maybe this weekend travel to Alexandria to see Mohamed's cousin and his wife.

Have a good one all!! :)

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

Jeanne I love yourshopping story. I remember one summer in Texas it was so hot that peoplewe're literally dying in that heat wave. I was 19 at the timeand I remember getting off of work from the childcare center and my rear-view mirrorhad melted off my window. Did I mention I finally saw that movie you recommended "Cairo Time"?

Sara good luck with ignoring the laundry. Cookies sound like more rewarding work anyways.

Welcome to MENA Amber.

Mandy the boat ride sounds nice. There is a boat ride in the movie "Cairo Time" and I wonder if it will be like that.

I have some good news about the job prospects. The video editor job that came on EID is looking like it's going to work out. I'm going in tomorrow to meet with the News Director. Also I'm having laptop issues. It lets me type for a period of time then the keyboard short circuits out and I can't type. The rest of the computer works fine but I have to restart my laptop to get the keyboard working again. It's only a year and a half old Dell. The touch pad short circuited out awhile back and I got a wireless mouse but now I'm starting to think I got a lemon of a laptop. This is what those $250 warranties are for that I didn't purchase. Sheesh.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I give up!! I have been trying to post on here for the past 40 minutes and it keeps on getting deleted!!!:crying:

I hope everyone is good!

Olivia and Jackie congratulations!!

Mandy have fun in Cairo!! I wish I was there too!!! Hubby said he is going next year for his brother's wedding and I told him that he can't go without me!!!

We had a blast at Mickeys not so scary halloween party but I can't figure out how to post a picture!! I'll keep trying though!!

Amber welcome to VJ! There are some good people here who can help out when ya need it or just to talk if you want!:thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Congrats Olivia! Thats great news!!!

Sofyan was eligible for citizenship 2 years ago....Were too cheap to file, lol

haha my hubster too. He's been here almost 5 years now! He brought up citizenship last week because he heard they're raising the fees again. He said he's thinking about it so that he'll just have it done rather than paying out the behind in the future if he decided he actually wanted to do it lol

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Andrea! :D

Congrats Olivia! Thats great news!!!

Sofyan was eligible for citizenship 2 years ago....Were too cheap to file, lol

haha my hubster too. He's been here almost 5 years now! He brought up citizenship last week because he heard they're raising the fees again. He said he's thinking about it so that he'll just have it done rather than paying out the behind in the future if he decided he actually wanted to do it lol

After paying the $1010 fee for AOS the $675 fee doesn't look so bad for Naturalization. However, it's still at least 3 years away for us and who knows what the prices will be by then if they are going up. I think he's going to Naturalize because of the benefits of it for traveling, ect. Plus after our AOS interview he went over to the brochures and made sure to pick up the information on Naturalization. I was thinking it's at least three years away and he's already getting information on it? Oh well, it doesn't hurt to know.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Jeanne I love yourshopping story. I remember one summer in Texas it was so hot that peoplewe're literally dying in that heat wave. I was 19 at the timeand I remember getting off of work from the childcare center and my rear-view mirrorhad melted off my window. Did I mention I finally saw that movie you recommended "Cairo Time"?

Sara good luck with ignoring the laundry. Cookies sound like more rewarding work anyways.

Welcome to MENA Amber.

Mandy the boat ride sounds nice. There is a boat ride in the movie "Cairo Time" and I wonder if it will be like that.

I have some good news about the job prospects. The video editor job that came on EID is looking like it's going to work out. I'm going in tomorrow to meet with the News Director. Also I'm having laptop issues. It lets me type for a period of time then the keyboard short circuits out and I can't type. The rest of the computer works fine but I have to restart my laptop to get the keyboard working again. It's only a year and a half old Dell. The touch pad short circuited out awhile back and I got a wireless mouse but now I'm starting to think I got a lemon of a laptop. This is what those $250 warranties are for that I didn't purchase. Sheesh.

Sure hope you get the job Olivia! Sorry to hear about your laptop. Mine did the same thing exactly 2yrs after I bought it. Had to get

another one. My first laptop lasted 7 wonderful years. I think they are now only lasting approx 2 yrs at the most. Shame isn't it.

No, you didn't mention you saw the movie. How was it? I really would like to see it. I went on a boat ride

down the Nile and it was fantastic. It's very romantic and surprised the water was very cold...I had to FEEL the Nile. (L)

Now i'm jealous Mandy is going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Knowin' she will love, love, love it.

Timeline

I give up!! I have been trying to post on here for the past 40 minutes and it keeps on getting deleted!!!:crying:

I hope everyone is good!

Mandy have fun in Cairo!! I wish I was there too!!! Hubby said he is going next year for his brother's wedding and I told him that he can't go without me!!!

We had a blast at Mickeys not so scary halloween party but I can't figure out how to post a picture!! I'll keep trying though!!

Amber welcome to VJ! There are some good people here who can help out when ya need it or just to talk if you want!:thumbs:

Afternoon Andrea! Saw your photos on FB and they are fantastic!! You all looked so good and glad you had a good time.

Timeline

Welcome aboard, Amber :)

Good morning/afternoon/whatever everyone.

just hanging out with the kiddo today, hoping if I ignore that giant pile of laundry long enough it will just disappear. I'll let you know how that works out...

considering making some cookies this afternoon.

:thumbs:

Hey Sara! Baby girl is growing up! She's such a doll. How were the cookies?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_44wBOYFia8

OHHHHHH!!!! This is so cute. I love it. Hamza, translated the lyrics for me. I hope you all enjoy it too!!!

I want you
I want u to be my wife
you are now the love of my heart
I'm going to bring the rings
you the bride of the brides
want u to be my love & my craziness
& for me so sweet
the love of my heart
I wanna merry you in the best way & a party its not enough
I want to make u walk on flowers & make u happy
& everyone will Envy you
the love of my heart
in my heart u will rest
& make my happiness more
& sleep under my wing
the love of my heart

I think this is the main chorus.

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

just marking my spot so I know where I left off, LOLLL:bonk: :rofl:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

just marking my spot so I know where I left off, LOLLL:bonk: :rofl:

ashamed.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.