brykit

Confused about affidavit of support

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your co sponsor completes an I-134 as well and includes all the needed documents. Their income stands alone.

Later on after your marriage you will submit the I-864 when adjusting status.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Correct on the I-134. For the I-864 if the person qualifies as a household member then they would complete the form I-864A. Read the I-864 instructions to determine which form is appropriate.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Random question. If they decide you need a co-sponsor do they tell you this before the interview stage? Is this form required as part of the documents the beneficiary sends to the embassy BEFORE they schedule anything or do you have to wait until you're standing there on the last step to be denied due to finances?

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

gap1 - no / no / standing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Wait, seriously? I've said this before, I make more than enough money to qualify as a lone sponsor, but I have a lot of debt problems (I have defaulted student loans). Even though people keep telling me I should be fine I'm worried someone will see something on a computer somewhere about my terrible credit and deny me. Do they literally just look at my tax documents, pay stubs, and letter from my employer right at the interview and that's it or do they take this form ahead of time and run a check?

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Timeline

gap1 - a 'check' is done on the USC, prior to interview day, on many 'steps' of the process -

see http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

The Credit History report may or may not be IN the casefile at London, but you can bet its already pulled and reviewed prior to interview day, somewhere along the way.

The cool thing that YOU can do, is to study the I-864 instructions (yes, I said I-864) as the Visa Officer will use the guidelines THERE for determining income levels and eligibility for the I-134.

IMO, you would not be 'found inadmissible' as a sponser SOLELY by yer credit history, but it's the TOTALITY of the evaluation of the I-134. As to 'what weight' the credit file has, IF ANY, sorry, I'm clueless.. Personally, I'm led to believe that UNLESS you've had a legal judgement against you, combined with some bankruptcy action and/or state-mandated child support issues,

then any 'defaulted student loans' are not going to 'offset yer income' when computing that mark @ 125 percent of the Poverty Guidelines.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

So basically, I will have no way to know if we'll need a co-sponsor until the day of the interview? That seems a bit scary to me. Should I have a co-sponsor's AOS ready just in case you think, and if they deny us we can have that form ready to go? I just don't want to find out a co-sponsor is needed at the last minute therefore delaying us months further.

Edited by gap1

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Timeline

gap1 - hey - work up some I-134s this weekend, see what #'s you come up with, compare yer #'s to the I-864-P document.

gap1 - hey - work up some I-134s this weekend, see what #'s you come up with, compare yer #'s to the I-864-P document.

I have no idea how to "work up" those numbers...what do you mean (thanks for all of your help, by the way)? I make more than enough money (43k), but it's my terrible credit that I'm so worried about. I'm losing sleep over this and freaking out. He has a lot of savings in cash he can prove as well, but I guess that doesn't matter? My main concern is just being prepared for this in advance. I don't want any surprises come interview day. I just want him here as soon as humanly possible.

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Timeline

to 'work up those numbers' - fill out the I-134, compare the NUMBERS you put IN the I-134 with the poverty guidelines published in the I-864-P document.

Seriously. Fill it out.

Ok I filled it out and I'm well over 125% of the poverty line, but I already knew this. I'm just concerned that they will take my debt into consideration and deny us.

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Timeline

there are a few types of debt that are 'legal offsets to income'.

is this one of those? or not?

there are a few types of debt that are 'legal offsets to income'.

is this one of those? or not?

(Sorry I tried to PM you but it says your box is full)

I'm not sure where you find the Legal Offsets to Income. I Googled it and found nothing....do you have a link?

The only issues I have are defaulted student loans.

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.