smushtaq

Editing .dat files

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm applying for a tourist visa for my mother in law, who will be applying in islamabad, pakistan. i filled out the app online partially and then saved it to resume later. the only option to save is in .DAT format. I'm unable to open this file in any program after saving it, nor am I able to upload it on the Pak embassy website to resume the application. Anyone else gone through this and have suggestions?

Shahab

07/05/2005 - INTERVIEW DATE JULY 25 @ ISB Embassy

07/25/2005 - CASE COMPLETE-VISA RECEIVED

08/10/2005 - Wife arrives in US

07/05/2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC via USPS Express Mail

07/09/2007 - Mailed signed copy of I-751 to NSC via USPS 1st class mail

07/14/2007 - Received rejection letter due to not signing original I-751

07/25/2007 - Original application packet and signed copy of I-751 sent on 7/05 returned by the CSC

07/26/2007 - Mailed back the original application packet after signing it via USPS Express Mail

08/06/2007 - Money order cashed by USCIS

08/09/2007 - Receive I-797C Notice of Action with Receipt #

08/25/2007 - Receive Biometrics appt: Sept 7th, 2007

09/07/2007 - Fingerprints and photos taken at Naperville ASC

10/29/2007 - Card production ordered

I'm applying for a tourist visa for my mother in law, who will be applying in islamabad, pakistan. i filled out the app online partially and then saved it to resume later. the only option to save is in .DAT format. I'm unable to open this file in any program after saving it, nor am I able to upload it on the Pak embassy website to resume the application. Anyone else gone through this and have suggestions?

Shahab

Start with a new application and this time have all the necessary information and picture to upload?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Shahab

Click "start application" on the main page, and then on the second page select the embassy in STEP1, and then for STEP2 pick option B "upload a previous application". You then browse for the .DAT file on your computer and it loads in all the information (almost).

There are still some glitches when we filled the form out about a months ago. The intended trvel date and the passport photo would not save in the .DAT file so we had to select them again every time we loaded the information in.

If you are unable to load the .DAT file this way, you would have to start over.

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yep tried that ... didn't work. Oh well, will just fill it out again once I have the pics.

Shahab

Click "start application" on the main page, and then on the second page select the embassy in STEP1, and then for STEP2 pick option B "upload a previous application". You then browse for the .DAT file on your computer and it loads in all the information (almost).

There are still some glitches when we filled the form out about a months ago. The intended trvel date and the passport photo would not save in the .DAT file so we had to select them again every time we loaded the information in.

If you are unable to load the .DAT file this way, you would have to start over.

07/05/2005 - INTERVIEW DATE JULY 25 @ ISB Embassy

07/25/2005 - CASE COMPLETE-VISA RECEIVED

08/10/2005 - Wife arrives in US

07/05/2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC via USPS Express Mail

07/09/2007 - Mailed signed copy of I-751 to NSC via USPS 1st class mail

07/14/2007 - Received rejection letter due to not signing original I-751

07/25/2007 - Original application packet and signed copy of I-751 sent on 7/05 returned by the CSC

07/26/2007 - Mailed back the original application packet after signing it via USPS Express Mail

08/06/2007 - Money order cashed by USCIS

08/09/2007 - Receive I-797C Notice of Action with Receipt #

08/25/2007 - Receive Biometrics appt: Sept 7th, 2007

09/07/2007 - Fingerprints and photos taken at Naperville ASC

10/29/2007 - Card production ordered

once you save it dont try opening it on your computer, that may corrupt the file... or if you do, make a copy of it first and experiment with the copy.

i like the photo upload thing becasue it tells you right away if it is acceptable so i have used this to test a couple pics to make sure they were acceptable before printing as well.

and i understand your pain, i got distracted one day (first time filling out) when i was more than halfwya thru it and forgot to save to computer, i was just saving as i went (which is ok if you stay "acive")... after that i saved after every page!

Edited by nab

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.