love9708

I'm very nervous about my plane ride

43 posts in this topic

Narita is really great you will enjoy it! You can exchange your peso for Yen at the airport if you like and buy from the shops. The prices are about the same as the are in the usa, so bring some money. The stores have good candy too that you might want to snack on for the trip

Is this true? When did you try exchanging philippines peso to yen in narita airport. I tried this in 2005, they dont exchange peso to yen.

I traveled through Narita. I don't know whether Narita exchanges pesos for yen, but I would not want to waste time filling out the form and waiting in line to exchange currency. Instead, simply bring some dollars with you if you want to eat at McDo in Narita. ;)

Also, don't forget to bring extra money with you in case your bags are overweight. Check your airline's web site for overweight baggage fees. They can be quite expensive.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello VJ people!I would be so grateful to hear any advice from you

I'm so nervous about my plane ride, it's my first time to travel out of the country. I will be flying to the U.S next week. I'm really getting nervous now. I will be flying with delta alone to meet my fiance.

Can anyone please share some experience when you were going to the U.S. Like your experience at the NAIA airport(I'm from Philippines BTW)and your experience stopping over to japan and your port of entry to the United States. My flight is from Manila to Japan then Japan to Detroit and to Chicago where my fiance is going to pick me up. My fiance ordered me a ticket online and he just gave me a confirmation number for it and told me to just give it when I'm already at the airport. And what about money, how much do you think I'm going to spend for it. and do i have to bring dollars too? Sorry i asked too much

Thanks in advance for the reply, God bless you

Zah

Last year when I left Manila you have to have your tickets to enter the airport so I would go to a travel agency or the Delta officie before leaving since security is very high they check your passport and your ticket before going in and also you will have to pay your airport tax and any other taxes you have to pay if your Filipino. Since your flying Delta you will be flying in terminal one so you dont have to go to a different terminal but you may have to go through security again since your flying international. I would take your last favor snacks from the Philippines since you may not finding them for a while depending the area you will live at.

Edited by ivantulier

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ people!I would be so grateful to hear any advice from you

I'm so nervous about my plane ride, it's my first time to travel out of the country. I will be flying to the U.S next week. I'm really getting nervous now. I will be flying with delta alone to meet my fiance.

Can anyone please share some experience when you were going to the U.S. Like your experience at the NAIA airport(I'm from Philippines BTW)and your experience stopping over to japan and your port of entry to the United States. My flight is from Manila to Japan then Japan to Detroit and to Chicago where my fiance is going to pick me up. My fiance ordered me a ticket online and he just gave me a confirmation number for it and told me to just give it when I'm already at the airport. And what about money, how much do you think I'm going to spend for it. and do i have to bring dollars too? Sorry i asked too much

Thanks in advance for the reply, God bless you

Zah

hey sis CONGRATZ po....same here but my POE was in HAWAII..i flew by my self and it's my first time too...just you know i really felt nervous on that time....lol.dmi din pinay n mkikilala mo s plane bsata mkpg usap k lng s kanila...chika2x para mawala nervous mo....ako nga sabi ng tita ko basta marunong kang mgbasa at mgtanong magiging ok ang lahat..so un sis thank GOD ang saya saya nung nkita ko hubby ko s airport pgdating ko dito US....nkita ko din ang saya s mukha nya nung nkita nya ko pabababa...haysss...sarap ng feelings pgbababa mo ng plane at nkita mo fiance or hubby mo...hehehe..happy trip sis..GODBLESS....

p.s ang dala ko lng n pera nun phil money was 1k...usd was 20....hindi ko din nagamit...lol

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I also flew Delta last May. Like what others already said, bring a book if you love to read cuz it will be a long flight. Print your ticket online, and call the Delta office in Manila (you can use Google to search for their contact #) to inquire if the travel tax is already included in your ticket.

When you're in NAIA, prepare your ticket, passport, and the yellow envelope. Once you checked in your luggage at the Delta counter, you can go pay for the terminal fee, then proceed to the immigration. Then you can proceed to your gate to wait for your boarding time.

Mine was a direct flight but the plane had to refuel in Nagoya for a little over an hour. We still had to go through security there, and it took almost an hour, it was a good thing though, cuz we only waited for 10 mins, then boarded the plane again. Nagoya to Detroit was almost 12 hours, I slept on the plane most of the time. When we got to Detroit, the line in the immigration was very long. It took about an hour and a half. Just prepare the yellow envelope and your passport, as well as the I-94 that you will fill out on the plane. The immigration officer only asked me one question, "When do you plan to get married?"

She stapled the other half of I-94 to my passport after tearing off the yellow envelope. After that, I went to get my suitcases, then went through another line. Just an airport officer asking some questions about my luggage. She asked if I had food in my bag, I said yes (I had something to munch on the plane but wasn't able to finish it all), she then told me to go to another line for them to check my suitcases. After that, I finally got out then saw my hubby waiting for me (L)

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

DELTA stands for

Don't

Ever

Leave

The

Airport

Horrible airline to fly..........

Couldn't agree more. Phew!

To the OP, If you are scared that you are over a large body of water, take sleeping pill so you'd just sleep it off all through out your trip.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bring a jacket or sweater :) it is cold cold cold....inside the plane.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Ok, if u have a confirmation and a full paid ticket then you won't need money....unless u talking about misssing flights/connections and the airline/s is not willing to help. Never travelled to japan our through the philippines but international travels are just the same. I go to jamaica and dominican republic every six months. Just allow some time to check in at the philippines airport I'm assuming the total travel time might be about 15-20 hours...... You ll need maybe about $30.00 USD for food unless u plan on eating more than than 3 full meals for the duration of ur trip and with the lil meal/s u might get from philippines to japan and the long leg from japan to US. When u get into the US just plan to chill out with those immigration officers while they fix u up with your paper work. Be sure to Have some foood to eat then... bring a book if u enjoy reading or anything of interest. The POE process the packets on a first come basis while prospective immigrants wait their slow movements behind the counters.

Detriot to chicago I'm assuming would be just about an hour flight, if that. Just a hop just use that time to sleep energize your self do u can go give your hubby all the details of yur trip.

I'm glad you are not flying though atlanta or new york....go figure. Delta is a fairly g ood airline with being ontime. Have fun when u travel and hey... Welcome to america....lol don't get surprised. You'll have a blast....

Thank you. Yes, it's fully paid and I have books to read too. Thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You're sooooo welcome....

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

I flew Northwest once. Northwest and Delta Airlines merged.

At NAIA the NWA counter was to the far right as you come out of the first securty check point. Maybe the Delta counter is in the same place. You can easily see the Airline logos overhead. Fall in line to check in your luggage and get your boarding pass. I suggest arriving about 2 hours before your flight just to make sure you have plenty of time. Just follow the people from your line through the door and the next couple security checks. At one point you will fill out more paper and pay the terminal fee. Once at the terminal sit down, wait, and try to relax. They normally call first class flyers to the aircraft first, and then closest to the front of the plane. The earlier you get on the aircraft the easier it is to find overhead space for your carry-on baggage. So you will notice a small race to get in line. :lol:

As a first time flyer you will not notice the lower level of customer service. You will get plenty of food, but the meals will be spaced out to conform with the time differences.

At Narita or Negoya you will have to get your carry-ons and leave the aircraft even if you are on the same one. Just follow the passengers to security. You will go through security and back to the terminal. There will be plenty of Filipinos on your flight till you get to Detroit. Just ask and follow a Filipino going to Detroit. Your boarding pass will tell you which Terminal to go to. The signs are also in English and easy to follow. Some of the Japanese announcers over the intercom will speak English too fast and be hard to understand. Listen carefully or ask someone what they said.

Fill out your I-94 Immigration form about an hour before you land. I made sure I had my own pen. You will do your POE at Detroit.

On your flight from Detroit to Chicago you may be the only Filipino, but not to worry. At Chicago just go to the luggage pickup area. Hopefully, your fiance/husband will be waiting for you there.

Also, listen to the directions carefully before you land in Detroit. NWA was shorthanded and we had to transfer our own luggage. :angry: We barely made the connecting flight to Chicago on time as they had to rush us through security.

This is as detailed as I remember. Hope it helps you.

thank you so much, it really does help

hello.....

Tipson Riding an Airplane

*Be at the airport at least two hours before departure.

Steps when you arrive atthe airport:

1. Go through the initial security checks

2. Go straight to the check in counter,give the ground staff your ticket andany form of ID (check in your luggage when you present your ticket at thecheck-in counter)

3. Proceed to the cashier to pay the terminal fee.

4. Go through the final security check before entering the holding area.

What to Bring:

1. Bring a book or something to pass the time while waiting for your flight atthe pre-dep area.

2. Cameras and ipod is allowed inside the plane. Cellphone is also allowed butit should be turned off.

3. Bring a few candies & bubblegum.

4. Bring jacket because it is pretty cold inside the plane.

Not to Bring:

1. Do not bring any liquid or gel of more than 100 ml in your hand carry, itshould be in your checked-in luggage.

2. Do not bring deadly weapons like swiss knife.

What to Wear:

1. You can wear anything you feel comfortable.

2. You can wear slippers. It's better because if you wear shoes, they will askyou to take them off for x-ray purposes.

Precautions:

1. For those who gets dizzy easily, drink meds an hour the actual ride.

2. Shut off any electronic devices during take off.

3. If you don't have a gum/candy when your ears start hurting because of thechanges in air pressure, just swallow.

4. Make sure your make-up or toiletries are checked-in with the rest of yourluggage.

5. Eat before the flight or going to the airport because foods inside the planeis expensive.

Departure AT NAIA

1. Have your passport and tickets ready.

2. Pass through scanning machine

3. Check-in at airline counter

4. Confirm and pay travel tax

5. Line up in “visitor” Immigration counter

6. Pass through final scanning machine – take note of allowed liquids. and yesyou have to remove your belts and shoes

7. Look for your boarding gate, lounge and wait for your flighT

OR here's some helpful experienced:

NAIA:

1. Walk through the First ENTRANCE.

2. Second entrance (with 2 entrance doors). First security check of bags byxray machine. (I had 2 checked luggages both with 62" total dimension, 1handcarry bag, and my coat.)

3. After the security check, I went to the Check-In Counter to check in myluggages.I fell in line at North West Airline counter. While at line,uniformedairport staff gave me embarcation card form to fill up.(There are differentairlines line there, just find where your airline counter is and fall in line.)

Checking in my luggages:

first staff: The uniformed lady asked me the following questions:

what are in your luggages? "all my personal stuffs. clothes, shoes, bags,accesories and other girly stuffs"

who is your petitioner? "My husband ____ _____."

Where is your xray film? "It's here in my handcarry bag."

Where is your yellow packet? (I showed her my yellow packet, she looked at itand after that she told me "okay, everything is fine, i just checked ifyou have opened it.)

Did anyone or somebody asked you to bring some of their packages for someone inUS? "No, all i brought with me were my personal belongings."

Did you bring any fruits or foods? "No."

second staff: The uniformed lady asked me to show my ticket or e-ticket and mypassport. She checked it in her computer and then She asked me if i wanted tochange my seat number and she asked me what seat number i want for myconnecting flights. She asked if Denver Colorado is my final destination and isaid "yes". After that, she gave me my 3 boarding passes. Next, iproceed to:

third staff: The uniformed guy asked for my passport and my boarding passes. Hethen checked my passport to make sure i have the CFO sticker. He asked me whereis my final destination and i told him "Denver Colorado". After that,he then told me that I should get my Checked In luggages at my POE which is inLAX (Los Angeles Intenational Airport). I said "Okay Sir, thank you."And then he gave back to me my passport and my boarding passes. He gave me the2 checked in claim stubs. After here, he instructed me to go to pay the"Terminal fee". (After here, i didn't go yet to pay the terminal feecoz i still need to go out to bid farewell to my family who is still waitingoutside. I left my boarding pass to the security lady at exit door and she gaveme the claim stub for my boarding pass, she reminded me to go back by 6am or6:30am. At 6am i went inside already to get my boarding pass and went to paythe Terminal Fee.)

Terminal Fee Payment:

I paid P750.

Immigration:

After Terminal Fee, is a line to Immigration. Here, I wasn't asked or anything,i only gave my passport and my boarding passes, and then the Immigration womanonly marked my passport that basically says "departure June 27, 2008 NW002". After this, she gave it back to me. Next was,

Security check: I put my handcarry bag, coat, and remove my slippers and put it at thetray and that passed through xray machine while me I passed through the metaldetector machine barefooted. After here was on the way to go to my gate numberfor boarding.

Boarding:

Security Check: I fell in line with Gate number 2 (with flight NW 002). I putmy handcarry bag, coat, slippers, and laptop to the tray for security checkagain. This was the last security check before boarding my plane.

At Gate number 2: I showed my passport and my boarding pass (Manila to LA viaNarita Japan). After this, i boarded the plane.

Flights:

(Manila to Narita Japan) I had a nice flight. I was sitting at the isle.They served good food but not too many choices. It took almost 4 hours trip MNLto JAPAN.

Lay over at Japan before my flight to LA was 2 hours.

and for your PORT OF ENTRY which is DETROIT--here's the link I can share for you again

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?poe=Detroit&dfilter=0

Enjoy and GOD BLESS for your upcoming trip..

Thank you so much Greg and Lyn, it really helps alot, thank you

hey sis CONGRATZ po....same here but my POE was in HAWAII..i flew by my self and it's my first time too...just you know i really felt nervous on that time....lol.dmi din pinay n mkikilala mo s plane bsata mkpg usap k lng s kanila...chika2x para mawala nervous mo....ako nga sabi ng tita ko basta marunong kang mgbasa at mgtanong magiging ok ang lahat..so un sis thank GOD ang saya saya nung nkita ko hubby ko s airport pgdating ko dito US....nkita ko din ang saya s mukha nya nung nkita nya ko pabababa...haysss...sarap ng feelings pgbababa mo ng plane at nkita mo fiance or hubby mo...hehehe..happy trip sis..GODBLESS....

p.s ang dala ko lng n pera nun phil money was 1k...usd was 20....hindi ko din nagamit...lol

Thank you so much po, can't wait to see that man, lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.