Obama 2012

Intolerant People Who Call People "Bigots"

295 posts in this topic

Oh it's just silly really.

There was one individual calling me a 'bigot' last night for making any argument against someone being able to wear a headscarf in the workplace. I wasn't being 'intolerant' of it at all, just pointing out the things that you can/cannot do on the job and that companies have policies to abside by. Apparently since I didn't bow down and say, "oh yes lady, you can change your mind after a couple of years and wear that head scarf" then I am a 'bigot.'

It's just iciing on the cake though of the way people have been acting the past few days on these boards... Anyone who says anything remotely against anything Muslim that is going on in the world, is an automatic 'bigot' in the eyes of some. It's silly really. It's the same idiots who say that if you oppose anything from Obama, you're a racist.

What a useless generalization, one that makes you look very much like the naked emperor.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Paul, you can't polish a #######. It wasn't arrogance, most were commenting on how well the game was and how close, it did go into OT after all. You came in with a rudimentary understanding of the game, and you kept blathering on and on about how it was bullsh!t that Canada shouldn't have gotten the medal because the U.S. won the first meeting in the opening rounds and that it should be tied. So I suppose if the U.S. had topped the gold medal chart and had won that game, and you were congratulating the team and fans that you would be expressing your nationalism, but when other nations do it, it's arrogance? Puhhhleeze.

I said in joking in an initial post that it's 'technically' tied 1-1 and I got blasted by people for daring to make that assertion... People went batshit crazy for daring to say that a tie-breaker would be cool lol...

Also I pointed to numerous sources in Canada and around the world calling out the arrogance of the fans of Canada vs. other teams. I even said, "I should know what arrogance is, I'm a Texan after all."

Again, all it came back to is, "I hate Canada"

There's no ####### to polish. People simply overreacted to a statement pointing out things that were being said all over the place, including Canada...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I said in joking in an initial post that it's 'technically' tied 1-1 and I got blasted by people for daring to make that assertion... People went batshit crazy for daring to say that a tie-breaker would be cool lol...

Also I pointed to numerous sources in Canada and around the world calling out the arrogance of the fans of Canada vs. other teams. I even said, "I should know what arrogance is, I'm a Texan after all."

Again, all it came back to is, "I hate Canada"

There's no ####### to polish. People simply overreacted to a statement pointing out things that were being said all over the place, including Canada...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah right, you were joking. I believe you, really. :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh it's just silly really.

There was one individual calling me a 'bigot' last night for making any argument against someone being able to wear a headscarf in the workplace. I wasn't being 'intolerant' of it at all, just pointing out the things that you can/cannot do on the job and that companies have policies to abside by. Apparently since I didn't bow down and say, "oh yes lady, you can change your mind after a couple of years and wear that head scarf" then I am a 'bigot.'

It's just iciing on the cake though of the way people have been acting the past few days on these boards... Anyone who says anything remotely against anything Muslim that is going on in the world, is an automatic 'bigot' in the eyes of some. It's silly really. It's the same idiots who say that if you oppose anything from Obama, you're a racist.

Why would you even raise a stink about scarves or hats or whatever, when it has no bearing in an individual's performance? When there's no tolerance, guess what happens? You got it!

It would be saying all men with goatees are idiots. Although it may apply to a sector of the population, it does not mean it is so....

Also, abside??? Check the dicshunarie!

Edited by HappyKnappy

A 3 year-4 month-1week journey ends on 09/20/2013, and a new one begins!

When someone has no legitimate argument, they throw out labels and do everything they can to divert attention from the actual argument; most common approach is to attack the poster or something else. The old VJ was notorious for this.

Never debated using facts, just responded with labels and broad-brushed generic responses. Like the homicide rate crime being linked to socioeconomics. Yet many years later, I am still waiting for these posters to prove their argument and illustrate how people of similar socioeconomics abroad, commit the same volume of crime.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

When someone has no legitimate argument, they throw out labels and do everything they can to divert attention from the actual argument; most common approach is to attack the poster or something else. The old VJ was notorious for this.

Never debated using facts, just responded with labels and broad-brushed generic responses. Like the homicide rate crime being linked to socioeconomics. Yet many years later, I am still waiting for these posters to prove their argument and illustrate how people of similar socioeconomics abroad, commit the same volume of crime.

BY are you trying to say that you don't on occasion post racist comments?

Why would you even raise a stink about scarves or hats or whatever, when it has no bearing in an individual's performance? When there's no tolerance, guess what happens? You got it!

It would be saying all men with goatees are idiots. Although it may apply to a sector of the population, it does not mean it is so....

Also, abside??? Check the dicshunarie!

Likewise, why should the majority be forced to change to accept the views of the minority. If she does not like Disney's dress [costume] policy, then she can go work at one of 25,000,000 other businesses.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

VJ hasn't changed BY and your statistical analysis is still as crappy as it ever was.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

BY are you trying to say that you don't on occasion post racist comments?

I am not denying that I have in the past. In the three of four occasions I have been directly, as per definition racist, I have done so in response to others own insults.

You guys throw out the convict label weekly, yet you don't see me reporting the post.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:lol: No one gave reasons for their use of the word bigot in this context, not one person, they just shouted bigot from the rooftops and scuttled on.

Now, back in reality, there have been numerous examples of why most of the arguments put forward as reasons why a new mosque should not be built in this instance are based entirely in bigotry, specifically that building this mosque is tasteless and insensitive to the victims and families of victims of 9/11.

One person has put forward some non-bigoted reasons not to build the mosque, but they are not the ones being used by anyone, least of all you and that is because these reasons rely on the person putting them forward on having detailed knowledge of the area of the proposed build and the infrastructural impact such a building might have - all these things are properly addressed in planning meetings so for the purpose of the arguments on VJ are pretty much moot.

Being able to identify with the pain and suffering of victims and families of victims is not a justifiable argument as to why a mosque can't be built, neither would it be a justification for building it.

Indeed. Clear arguments have been singled out for criticism and clear reasons have been given for why these "slap in the face" arguments are bigoted.

So far only AJ has had a stab at identifying reasons that aren't tied up in anti Muslim prejudice. Everyone else seems to be going along with the "slap in the face" arguments and is apparently mortified when they are called out for what they are.

I am not denying that I have in the past. In the three of four occasions I have been directly, as per definition racist, I have done so in response to others own insults.

You guys throw out the convict label weekly, yet you don't see me reporting the post.

So then you ARE racist.

VJ hasn't changed BY and your statistical analysis is still as crappy as it ever was.

Of course. If you claim I cannot interpret data or am [insert label], then surely this is the case.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Generally yes,

But there are times of lunacy on this forum when someone advocates killing or harming other people for instance. With an argument like that, all you can do in that situation is call a spade a spade...unless you tolerate such things.

Timeline

Well, that is stating a matter of fact versus making generalizations about an entire population. I have noticed that you have toned down the Incendiary language, and haven't posted links to american renaissance. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Likewise, why should the majority be forced to change to accept the views of the minority. If she does not like Disney's dress [costume] policy, then she can go work at one of 25,000,000 other businesses.

That's the thing! You shouldn't even have to care, you are at work, producing, yes? Can anyone research if bigots have the idea that they are the silent majority? Should have known it was you from the start, BY... The world has enough room for a certain few...

A 3 year-4 month-1week journey ends on 09/20/2013, and a new one begins!