kiwi25

What facility address do I use?

29 posts in this topic

I was going to start a new thread, but since this one was here, I thought I might start by asking my question here first.

Hopefully this month I will be able to file my I-129f, and I know I need to send my application to the Texas address according to the I-129f instruction sheet, but what is not clear to me is what service center address do I use for the cover letter and letter of intent to marry? Previously a couple years ago I know that the service center that serviced Kentucky was Vermont, but just now I saw in several posts above that it was recommended to check out the following link to find your service center:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices

When I checked that site, it gave me the following results:

The following Service Centers and the National Benefit Center(s) service Kentucky:

* Texas Service Center

So should I use the Vermont Service Center still, or am I supposed to use the Texas Service Center? I'm really confused at this point and wondering if anybody out there can help clarify this for me? :)

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend... :)

This is the exact thing being discussed in this thread.

Send your package to Texas. All they'll do is process the payment and send it to either California or Vermont, depending on which state you're applying from.

Enter California or Vermont as the address on your cover letter and letters of intent.

ONLY California or Vermont will be reviewing your application.

Texas isn't a service center, really, it's simply a lockbox you're sending it to. There are only two service centers in the country that will be processing your package. Making letters out to Texas doesn't make sense.

Edited by Coconuts

I was going to start a new thread, but since this one was here, I thought I might start by asking my question here first.

Hopefully this month I will be able to file my I-129f, and I know I need to send my application to the Texas address according to the I-129f instruction sheet, but what is not clear to me is what service center address do I use for the cover letter and letter of intent to marry? Previously a couple years ago I know that the service center that serviced Kentucky was Vermont, but just now I saw in several posts above that it was recommended to check out the following link to find your service center:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices

When I checked that site, it gave me the following results:

The following Service Centers and the National Benefit Center(s) service Kentucky:

* Texas Service Center

So should I use the Vermont Service Center still, or am I supposed to use the Texas Service Center? I'm really confused at this point and wondering if anybody out there can help clarify this for me? :)

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend... :)

It is confusing because of the changes that are periodically made. If USCIS says that your service center is the Texas Service Center, I don't see how it would hurt you to address your letters within your petition to that particular service center.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

It is confusing because of the changes that are periodically made. If USCIS says that your service center is the Texas Service Center, I don't see how it would hurt you to address your letters within your petition to that particular service center.

Because Texas is not the service center that will be approving/reviewing your package. California/Vermont is. All Texas is doing is processing the payments and then forwarding them off to California/Vermont. Texas will not be looking at your application.

This really isn't confusing. Do everything the same as before, only when mailing your package, mail it to Texas. The end!

Edited by Coconuts

Because Texas is not the service center that will be approving/reviewing your package. California/Vermont is. All Texas is doing is processing the payments and then forwarding them off to California/Vermont. Texas will not be looking at your application.

This really isn't confusing. Do everything the same as before, only when mailing your package, mail it to Texas. The end!

The fact of the matter is that I previously searched my service center before the lockbox changes and it said Vermont! Now, it says Texas for most southeastern states, and Vermont is still in use for states that I searched further up north so yes, it is confusing because the service center search is independent of the new lockbox address! Not the end until there is clarity!

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

The fact of the matter is that I previously searched my service center before the lockbox changes and it said Vermont! Now, it says Texas for most southeastern states, and Vermont is still in use for states that I searched further up north so yes, it is confusing because the service center search is independent of the new lockbox address! Not the end until there is clarity!

I'm not sure what's so unclear. Your SERVICE CENTER is still Vermont. There's only two, and Texas isn't one of them. Yet everyone is being instructed to simply send their petition there first. That's all.

Edited by Coconuts

I'm not sure what's so unclear. Your SERVICE CENTER is still Vermont. There's only two, and Texas isn't one of them. Yet everyone is being instructed to simply send their petition there first. That's all.

Ok that is fine. If those are the only two centers, then fine. I can believe it, but I just like a little rationale behind such blunt statements. It's unclear when one searches for things on the website that is supposed to have the authority(USCIS), and they can not find a clear answer. Patience with the new guys here is greatly appreciated.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Ok that is fine. If those are the only two centers, then fine. I can believe it, but I just like a little rationale behind such blunt statements. It's unclear when one searches for things on the website that is supposed to have the authority(USCIS), and they can not find a clear answer. Patience with the new guys here is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure how I've been impatient. I'm fairly new myself. However, I've answered the question numerous times in this thread. I can't tell you why USCIS has changed. All I know is that it's been forwarding the petitions to Texas since May, and now as of August 3rd, they've made it officially the place to send it to. That's the only rationale I can give.

I'm not sure how I've been impatient. I'm fairly new myself. However, I've answered the question numerous times in this thread. I can't tell you why USCIS has changed. All I know is that it's been forwarding the petitions to Texas since May, and now as of August 3rd, they've made it officially the place to send it to. That's the only rationale I can give.

I found on the USCIS website "Processing Times", and I realize that out of several service centers that Vermont and California are the only two that process the I-129F petition specifically. When I say I am unclear or confused about something, I am simply speaking for myself. It defeats the purpose of even posting when people tell me what is and is not confusing to me. I am glad you have obtained the clarity, and good luck to you!

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

You asked a question and received an answer, a few times. Is the USCIS website confusing? Absolutely. That's why this place exists, to answer questions simply instead of trying to dig through government websites.

• 4 weeks later...

No, I did not ask any questions. I was actually trying to contribute but was misinformed and stand corrected. Nothing more than that.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Is it a crime if I put the Texas address? It's not like they have a structure for the fiancé(e) letter of intent or for the cover letter. I doesn't depend on that. Or if I'm wrong, please give me a link, from USCIS only, where it says you should write your service center address on the letters of intent and the cover letter. Because the instructions for the I-129F don't mention it. I know VJ has some forms/docs in the Example Forms section, but USCIS doesn't say that is the right one. They accept it, but they don't request a certain structure for the letters. I hope I'm making myself clear... I still think all they want to see is that you have declared you're legally able and willing to marry, you've signed and dated the letter and that's it. Is it possible to receive a request for evidence just for that, for not putting the right addres on the letters? Or is it possible that they send your petition back? I'm worried. :D Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Sunshine13

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is it a crime if I put the Texas address? It's not like they have a structure for the fiancé(e) letter of intent or for the cover letter. I doesn't depend on that. Or if I'm wrong, please give me a link, from USCIS only, where it says you should write your service center address on the letters of intent and the cover letter. Because the instructions for the I-129F don't mention it. I know VJ has some forms/docs in the Example Forms section, but USCIS doesn't say that is the right one. They accept it, but they don't request a certain structure for the letters. I hope I'm making myself clear... I still think all they want to see is that you have declared you're legally able and willing to marry, you've signed and dated the letter and that's it. Is it possible to receive a request for evidence just for that, for not putting the right addres on the letters? Or is it possible that they send your petition back? I'm worried. :D Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@Sunshine13: Before I changed course from K1 to CR-1, I told my fiancée to use the TX address that I was planning to send the application and accompanying material to. Even though TX is only an intake center, I don't think it is a problem to use the TX address.

@ToddnJessa: I see why you might be confused. Even though only the service centers in CA and VT will handle these types of applications, it is not clear which states are handled by CA and which states are handled by VT since the implementation of the intake facility in TX.

In my opinion, go ahead and use the TX facility address even though the TX facility is for intake purposes only.

Best wishes on your journeys!

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

As long as the important info is there, which is the statement of intent, you're fine. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.