Mags

UK B!tches Unite!

670 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I have a headache.

I am p*ssed at a financial institution whose incompetence surpasses even the worst McNasties I've ever had to drive through.

It's been raining for 3 days almost non-stop, so much so that I can jetski across the yard.

I have no chocolate.

FML

:angry:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

I had my interview on Tuesday at a hospital, and two days later I was called for a second one. I just had it, and I think it went really well. I feel quite confident that I'll get the job. The doctor is Canadian so we connected a little over the weird health system differences, and we made each other laugh talking about our husbands. They used phrases such as "what you'll be doing" and asking when I can start, etc. They said they're out all of next week but will call me the week after. So fingers crossed. :)

It's working with women in prison to help them prevent pregancy and STD's when they get out. My job would be to give them counselling/interviewing while they're there, and then follow up with them the year after their release to give them tests and direct them to health care. So it sounds like an interesting position.

Again, I know this is the b1tchy thread so to contrast with the perky mood I'm in today... um, I totally hate that my jeans are too tight today and digging into my hips.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
The doctor is Canadian [...] They said they're out
A gentle correction, Dear: if he's Canadian, he's oot, si man, eh.

Q: How did Canada get its name, huh man?

A: C eh N eh D eh, si man.

Good luck with getting the job, verily, eh, wot, man.

ETA: Oh God, Krikit's reading this. I am doomed, si man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Oh, yes. The Canadian doctor thing. lol. When I first moved to Florida I was looking for a family doctor and reading the profiles of some on the hospital web page. Well, lo and behold, isn't there a Canadian doctor listed? So I make an appointment and he was super understanding about my total confusion with the American healthcare system and patiently explained as much as he could to me. Thank God I met him because this new doctor in VA made a gigantic assumption that I knew what he was talking about when he gave me a script for some bloodwork and kind of absently mentioned fasting. I had no idea where to go with the script (because no one in his office gave me a list of labs I could visit), nor did I receive a printout of what to do/not to do before the bloodwork.... not even at the lab I dropped into. In fact, the ladies at the reception desk at the lab told me I could come in and get my bloodwork done right away. I said "I believe my doctor said something about fasting." They said "No, you're okay. You can do it now." I said "I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I was told to fast." So she gets up and asks someone, then comes back and told me I couldn't do it now because I had to fast. <_< But then I remembered that I hadn't eaten anything since the night before except a coffee in the morning so I said, "Well, I haven't had anything to eat since last night so I guess I could do it now." And she said "No, you can't do it now because you've had a coffee." Well, come on now. To me, fasting is food. lol. BUT HOW WOULD I KNOW THAT BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GIVE ME ANY FRIGGING INSTRUCTIONS ANYWHERE!!!!!!! Gee zuss.

Oh yay. I just b!tched! lol

iagree.gif

I had my interview on Tuesday at a hospital, and two days later I was called for a second one. I just had it, and I think it went really well. I feel quite confident that I'll get the job. The doctor is Canadian so we connected a little over the weird health system differences, and we made each other laugh talking about our husbands. They used phrases such as "what you'll be doing" and asking when I can start, etc. They said they're out all of next week but will call me the week after. So fingers crossed. :)

It's working with women in prison to help them prevent pregancy and STD's when they get out. My job would be to give them counselling/interviewing while they're there, and then follow up with them the year after their release to give them tests and direct them to health care. So it sounds like an interesting position.

Again, I know this is the b1tchy thread so to contrast with the perky mood I'm in today... um, I totally hate that my jeans are too tight today and digging into my hips.

Kind of jumping in on this thread out of nowhere here, but I've read up on your plight recently and wanted to congratulate you on your very successful interview. It sounds like you're going to get a job :dance:

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Thanks! I keep telling myself it's too soon to feel this positive as I don't want a huge let down, but hey... I'll take what I can get. :D

LOL at the rant, Krikit. I thought fasting was food only too.

Rant: I was up in San Francisco all of last week on a conference. Lonely, overworked, really missing my boyfriend, but the worst was when I accidentally ate half a slice of raw tomato (I'm allergic) and ended up going to hospital. My tongue started to swell and my breathing was laboured (though it was really a panic attack hindering breathing, not the allergens) so my colleagues called 911. I ended up on a Benadryl and saline IV drip with oxygen tubing in my nose; I was under observation for three hours. :( I'm a lot better but still covered in hives and itchy as f^ck, with powerful antihistamines to take. I have to get a medicalert bracelet now and there is talk of an epipen if I ever have a worse reaction, and I have been warned the next time will be worse.crying.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Rant: I was up in San Francisco all of last week on a conference. Lonely, overworked, really missing my boyfriend, but the worst was when I accidentally ate half a slice of raw tomato (I'm allergic) and ended up going to hospital. My tongue started to swell and my breathing was laboured (though it was really a panic attack hindering breathing, not the allergens) so my colleagues called 911. I ended up on a Benadryl and saline IV drip with oxygen tubing in my nose; I was under observation for three hours. :( I'm a lot better but still covered in hives and itchy as f^ck, with powerful antihistamines to take. I have to get a medicalert bracelet now and there is talk of an epipen if I ever have a worse reaction, and I have been warned the next time will be worse.crying.gif

Yikes! I had one of those about 18 months ago (to either hair gel or an underarm deodorant - not sure which). The drug they put me on (prednisone) did the job well, but I had the munchies for 5 days :blush:

Now, according to the munchkin, they're not hives, they're "flumps." Sounds much better, doesn't it?

Hope you're feeling a lot better.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Yikes! I had one of those about 18 months ago (to either hair gel or an underarm deodorant - not sure which). The drug they put me on (prednisone) did the job well, but I had the munchies for 5 days :blush:

Now, according to the munchkin, they're not hives, they're "flumps." Sounds much better, doesn't it?

Hope you're feeling a lot better.

Thanks Pooks -- slow improvement. I am sooooo out of it from the meds (including prednisone). The hives are so unsightly and I am having a really hard time not scratching them.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck, hope you get the job.

A gentle correction, Dear: if he's Canadian, he's oot, si man, eh.

Q: How did Canada get its name, huh man?

A: C eh N eh D eh, si man.

Good luck with getting the job, verily, eh, wot, man.

ETA: Oh God, Krikit's reading this. I am doomed, si man.

That is about as funny as a dry colonoscopy

Thanks Pooks -- slow improvement. I am sooooo out of it from the meds (including prednisone). The hives are so unsightly and I am having a really hard time not scratching them.

Don't scratch, makes em feel even worse.

Eeks, I'm sorry to hear this. Calling it a drag is an understatement! (And I imagine it was horrifying.) How are you feeling now?

At least the MedicAlert bracelets they have these days are kinda stylish. :)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Rant: I was up in San Francisco all of last week on a conference. Lonely, overworked, really missing my boyfriend, but the worst was when I accidentally ate half a slice of raw tomato (I'm allergic) and ended up going to hospital. My tongue started to swell and my breathing was laboured (though it was really a panic attack hindering breathing, not the allergens) so my colleagues called 911. I ended up on a Benadryl and saline IV drip with oxygen tubing in my nose; I was under observation for three hours. :( I'm a lot better but still covered in hives and itchy as f^ck, with powerful antihistamines to take. I have to get a medicalert bracelet now and there is talk of an epipen if I ever have a worse reaction, and I have been warned the next time will be worse.
Sounds like you met that (sadly omnipresent) b!tch, Angie O. Edema, sigh man.

The hives
It could be worse, si man -- you could have to call it "urticaria," which sounds worse than "hives," si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.