Brendalee007

Where can we visit each other?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok, we had originally intended a vacation of a couple weeks in Romania. Well, he is from Pakistan and has to have a letter of invitation. We don't know anybody in Romania! Is there anywhere we can go to be together where we won't go to jail? We've said Nika but it's not legal so we won't be filing it. I really want him to come and visit me here for awhile and then return later on a fiance visa. But I don't know how to phrase the letter of invitation where it won't look like he's coming here to get married. And if he has to explain himself to get into the country, what will he say about staying with a single woman? So I have several questions, I guess.

1. What country is easy for a Pakistani citizen to visit that allows us to be together?

2. Can he visit me on a tourist visa and if so, how do we answer all the questions?

This is aggravating. We've already vacationed in Dubai together but we may not be so lucky the next time we go. Any ideas???

Thanks

Ok, we had originally intended a vacation of a couple weeks in Romania. Well, he is from Pakistan and has to have a letter of invitation. We don't know anybody in Romania! Is there anywhere we can go to be together where we won't go to jail? We've said Nika but it's not legal so we won't be filing it. I really want him to come and visit me here for awhile and then return later on a fiance visa. But I don't know how to phrase the letter of invitation where it won't look like he's coming here to get married. And if he has to explain himself to get into the country, what will he say about staying with a single woman? So I have several questions, I guess.

1. What country is easy for a Pakistani citizen to visit that allows us to be together?

2. Can he visit me on a tourist visa and if so, how do we answer all the questions?

This is aggravating. We've already vacationed in Dubai together but we may not be so lucky the next time we go. Any ideas???

Thanks

I live in Alabama, USA

Filed: Timeline

Thanks

I live in Alabama, USA

Check online and see for which countries Pakistani's don't need visas. Romania is a EU country so he will need a visa. If you guys want to meet in Romania he has to have a job in Pakistan(I think) so he should prove that he will not stay in Romania. So basically if he apply's for a Romanian visa in Pakistan he needs to have round trip ticket, money,booked hotels(some even demand paid hotel in advance), etc, etc...

I hope I answered your question:)

Good luck!

Thanks

I live in Alabama, USA

Yes, Eddyy is right...At the Romanian Consulate there he will have to show ties to Pakistan. If he has a job there, he should show the letter of vacation from his boss or anything like that, bank statements or anything to prove he has unfinished business there. He won't have to explain who is meeting there or anything, he only needs to prove his intention is not to immigrate. Romania is still a possible destination, but he has to be ready for an interview...

Why don't you pick another country (Muslim, preferably) in the Near East? Jordan should be ok (but please check first,)Turkey (OK, Turkey is not quite Near East, but still...). Or maybe South-East Asia? Malaysia, Indonesia?

Make sure you two get tons of photos for when you apply for the fiance visa. Good luck! :thumbs:

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks guys. Things are so much different when you are from Pakistan. They are very stringent on their visa rules for them. All I need is a passport and to show up. He has a list a mile long.

Going to another Muslim country could be fun if we could keep our hands to ourselves. That's not going to happen! So, really, we need a country not under Islamic rule. They will not let Pakistanis go to Israel so we are both sad about that since we both want to go. If a letter from work will be ok, then we will continue with the Romania plans. I would just like some options in case that doesn't work out. So, any other ideas?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ecuador may work. Plus, they have the Galapagos Islands! :-)

"As of June 20, 2008, any person from any country can enter Ecuador with a 12-X visa (default tourist visa) for a period of 90 days. ... Generally, you can just arrive in Ecuador with your passport (valid for at least 6 months) and a return ticket and you will have no problems entering Ecuador as a tourist. If you have any doubts you can check with your Ecuadorian Consulate regarding applying for a 12-X visa.

Requirements for the "automatic" 12-X tourist visa include:

• Completed application form.

• Valid passport for more than 6 months.

• Return ticket (for air, land or sea travel).

• Proof of economic means to support yourself during your stay in Ecuador (may be requested by Immigration authorities upon arrival)."

Source: http://www.ecuadorexplorer.com/html/immigration.html#lessthan90

" Ecuador tourist visa is not required for citizens of Pakistan for a stay up to 90 days."

Source: http://ecuador.visahq.com/requirements/Pakistan/

(info from this site tends to mean an "in advance" visa is not required - you can get the "automatic" one at the border.

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It may not be the best authority, but this wiki page is a start for a list of Visa Free and Visa On Arrival countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Pakistani_citizens

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you cannot keep your hands to yourselves, the best place for you to go will be an island nation (when there are NO storms) whose economy is built largely on tourism. That way you don't have to worry about cultural details of that country and how to communicate either - since they will most likely speak English as well.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sri Lanka would be my vote.

I enjoyed my trip.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Go to Turkey, it is a muslim country but you won't have any problems whatsoever.

oh yeah! pretty liberal country, romantic places! Ecuador is a good option too!

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He needs a visa for Turkey.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.