5,848 posts in this topic

hi, im asking for an F4 category .

can a secondary applicant travel to US before the primary applicant?

my dad is the primary applicant (F4) but he needs to stay till january for personal reason? can my mom and sister get here first this november? will there be no problem? they already have their visas.

thankyou for your answers.

USCIS: I-130

• 06/28/2010 - Married
  • 09/08/2010 - Mailed I-130
  • 09/20/2010 - NOA1
  • 12/012010 - NOA2
  • 12/08/2010 - NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

• 12/08/2010 - Case received by NVC
  • 12/09/2010 - Received NVC Case # and IIN
  • 12/21/2010 - AOS fee paid
  • 01/05/2010 - e-Mailed DS-3032
  • 01/11/2011 - NVC accepted DS-3032; IV bill invoiced
  • 01/14/2011 - IV bill marked PAID
  • 01/21/ 2011 - received RFE
  • 02/03/2011- sent RFE
  • 02/07/2011-NVC received sent RFE
  • 02/24/2011- reviewed papers
  • 02/25/2011- SIF
  • 02/25/2011- CC ! thankyou LORD
  • 03/02/2011- interview date scheduled on April 6, 2011
  • 03/7,8,9,10,11/2011- Medical, FOR SPUTUM!!!! Interview date CANCELLED! :(
  • 03/14/2011- sputum smear test- NEGATIVE
  • 05/06/2011- Immunization
  • 05/10/2011- Interview- Passed! :)
  • 05/16/2011- Visa Arrived
  • 05/19/2011- POE-LAX

got SSN

Green card! :)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hi, im asking for an F4 category .

can a secondary applicant travel to US before the primary applicant?

my dad is the primary applicant (F4) but he needs to stay till january for personal reason? can my mom and sister get here first this november? will there be no problem? they already have their visas.

thankyou for your answers.

No,

9 FAM 42.73 PN5 DERIVATIVE BENEFICIARIES CANNOT PRECEDE PRINCIPAL ALIEN

(CT:VISA-1470; 08-13-2010)

Annotate the MRIV for derivative beneficiaries to inform both the applicant and the port of entry that they cannot precede the principal applicant in entering the United States and their visa is valid only if they accompany or follow-to-join the principal applicant. See 42.73 PN 2.1 for more information on annotating MRIVs.

(http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87909.pdf)

Their visas must have the next text: "Valid only if accompanying or following to join spouse/father/mother"

They have to enter the USA with or after your fother.

thank you for the immediate responsestar_smile.gif.

USCIS: I-130

• 06/28/2010 - Married
  • 09/08/2010 - Mailed I-130
  • 09/20/2010 - NOA1
  • 12/012010 - NOA2
  • 12/08/2010 - NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

• 12/08/2010 - Case received by NVC
  • 12/09/2010 - Received NVC Case # and IIN
  • 12/21/2010 - AOS fee paid
  • 01/05/2010 - e-Mailed DS-3032
  • 01/11/2011 - NVC accepted DS-3032; IV bill invoiced
  • 01/14/2011 - IV bill marked PAID
  • 01/21/ 2011 - received RFE
  • 02/03/2011- sent RFE
  • 02/07/2011-NVC received sent RFE
  • 02/24/2011- reviewed papers
  • 02/25/2011- SIF
  • 02/25/2011- CC ! thankyou LORD
  • 03/02/2011- interview date scheduled on April 6, 2011
  • 03/7,8,9,10,11/2011- Medical, FOR SPUTUM!!!! Interview date CANCELLED! :(
  • 03/14/2011- sputum smear test- NEGATIVE
  • 05/06/2011- Immunization
  • 05/10/2011- Interview- Passed! :)
  • 05/16/2011- Visa Arrived
  • 05/19/2011- POE-LAX

got SSN

Green card! :)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

2 days ago nvc email me this letter.....is that mean they are reviewing my case ? is there any posibily that my pd will be current very soon?giv ur opinions

my detail.

f4 category..pd:04/04/2001

mumbai.........case completed on 11th jan 2011.....

this is the letter..about my bro's cspa

"According to our records ,the principal applicant's child is now 21 years of age or older .

consequently the child is no longer eligible tobew a derivative applicant on this petition.upon entering US,the principal applicant may file a separete immigrant visa petition with the department of Homeland security's office of u.s citizenship and immigration services (usics ) on behalf of their son and daughter.

"There is a law, the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), which applies to a narrow range of cases that may allow the beneficiary's son or daughter to remain eligible under this petition. At the time of the parent's visa interview, the consular officer will determine whether or not CSPA is applicable in this particular situation."

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

2 days ago nvc email me this letter.....is that mean they are reviewing my case ? is there any posibily that my pd will be current very soon?giv ur opinions

I guess, no.

This message has most likely sent by NVC robot.

But you should calculate the 'CSPA age' of your brother to know if he remains eligible under parent's petition.

Edited by Sonya

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks!

My PD is 15-Jul-2001

Welcome Sonya & SimonZoe..:)

No,

(http://www.state.gov...ation/87909.pdf)

Their visas must have the next text: "Valid only if accompanying or following to join spouse/father/mother"

They have to enter the USA with or after your fother.

:thumbs:

Could someone give us a prediction of the F4 category progress?

Officially One Month every Visa Bulletin..:yes:

Of course they'll be back.

But when?...

:lol:

I guess, no.

This message has most likely sent by NVC robot.

But you should calculate the 'CSPA age' of your brother to know if he remains eligible under parent's petition.

:yes:

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to post this out on this forum and see if anyone can shed some light my way.. This is where i stand.. I am writing this in behalf of my mom... She is a US citizen and have filed for her siblings over in india. She has 2 sisters and 1 brother. The priority date for all 3 cases is Feb 2002.

Before the retro and the dates pushing back almost 2 years the priority date was at January 2002. We received all paperwork to go ahead and fill out for the fees and submit all documents and copies for the passport and stuff. This was all submitted for all the kids and the spouses for the folks in India. We also received a letter saying that all 3 cases are complete and waiting on Visa # at this stage.

My question as as follows:

My mom's sister's daughter who was originally under 21 when the case was complete turned 21 when the priority dates moved 2 years back back in June. How will this be considered when the visa # are available. Will my mom's sister have to file anything there to get the Child protection act considered or will the embassy do all of this. All the fees and everything have been paid for her and the cases are complete.

Please let me know what i have to do or what i have to let my mom's sister in india know that she has to follow these procedures in-order for her to come with the parents when the visa # are available.

thanks in advance for your help

best regards

cdamania

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to post this out on this forum and see if anyone can shed some light my way.. This is where i stand.. I am writing this in behalf of my mom... She is a US citizen and have filed for her siblings over in india. She has 2 sisters and 1 brother. The priority date for all 3 cases is Feb 2002.

Before the retro and the dates pushing back almost 2 years the priority date was at January 2002. We received all paperwork to go ahead and fill out for the fees and submit all documents and copies for the passport and stuff. This was all submitted for all the kids and the spouses for the folks in India. We also received a letter saying that all 3 cases are complete and waiting on Visa # at this stage.

My question as as follows:

My mom's sister's daughter who was originally under 21 when the case was complete turned 21 when the priority dates moved 2 years back back in June. How will this be considered when the visa # are available. Will my mom's sister have to file anything there to get the Child protection act considered or will the embassy do all of this. All the fees and everything have been paid for her and the cases are complete.

Please let me know what i have to do or what i have to let my mom's sister in india know that she has to follow these procedures in-order for her to come with the parents when the visa # are available.

thanks in advance for your help

best regards

cdamania

Their ages are freezed when they turned in DS 230. You don't need to worry about it, they will be fine.

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Timeline

Their ages are freezed when they turned in DS 230. You don't need to worry about it, they will be fine.

What carol said is true..Adding to that, usually NVC sends an email to the petitioner stating that the CSPA eligibility is there or not...As such u did not receive any email as of now...then you are fine with your mom's sister's daughter case.. The CO at the embassy will evaluate the CSPA finally..:yes:

You can also call NVC and let them know about the CSPA for this case...They might also take a faster decision on your interview date...

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Edited by visagrant

Timeline

Visagrant,

Could you please clarify more about the validity of the police certificates?

Based on the Vicky123's inquiry, your reply makes me confused.

I know that according to the US embassy/immigration website, the validity of the police certificate is 12 months. However, does he(vicky123) really need to collect his police certificate from UK (where he lived few years ago and submitted the certificate with DS230) once again if he have not visited/stayed there during the last one year? Could you please show some references about this matter?

In my understanding, if one year has expired then the applicant have to submit the police certificate/s for the places where he currently lived/stayed last one year. Does the applicant really need to collect all of his/her police certificates since the age of 16?

I might be wrong. But want to see some more references about this issue.

Thanks in advance.

True, But NVC does not know and assumes that you might have also traveled within this one year..So, it is better to be safe than Sorry..:yes:

The objective is not to get a "Hold on your Visa Approval" from the Embassy/Consulate..:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.