5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I noticed something @ CEAC that our case status is now different from the last time...before our status is 'PROCESSING" and it is Non-immigrant but now it says "at NVC" and it is now Immigrant...hoping it is a good sign that our PD will become current soon...

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys please help me with this..! Why my status on CEAC site showing expired ?

Guys please help me with this..! Why my status on CEAC site showing expired ?

Priority Date : 18 JUL 2001.

Interviewed Once : DEC 2010.

Timeline

All F4 members please share your views on recapturing of unused visas from 1992 to 2013.......This is very sticking point for all of us..

Q:- when they will recapture all the unused visas from 1992 to 2013 ?????

according to my information which i red in the bill that they will recapture these unused visas from the first day of the first fiscal year after this bill becomes law..so which means that if this bill become law in august 2013,it has a fair chances then they will used these unused visas in FY 2014,which starts from 1 October,2013..............

guys pls share ur views becoz this will help us a lot in eliminating the backlogs under F4......

Timeline

Please somebody help me with this:

I got letter in 2011 that "you file has been retrogessed and Embassy will contact you whenever file will get current again".

Now on CEAC website it is saying that "Your file is expired"..! Why so?

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got letter in 2011 that "you file has been retrogessed and Embassy will contact you whenever file will get current again".

Maybe you did not contact NVC for over a year now. You should call or email NVC every now and then even to just ask for updates. You have to contact NVC ASAP and ask about this "expired" status.

Timeline

As it is past one year, ur Medicals and PCC might have expired, u may have to resend them again..yes.gif

Good Luck..good.gif

Timeline

All F4 members please share your views on recapturing of unused visas from 1992 to 2013.......This is very sticking point for all of us..

Q:- when they will recapture all the unused visas from 1992 to 2013 ?????

according to my information which i red in the bill that they will recapture these unused visas from the first day of the first fiscal year after this bill becomes law..so which means that if this bill become law in august 2013,it has a fair chances then they will used these unused visas in FY 2014,which starts from 1 October,2013..............

guys pls share ur views becoz this will help us a lot in eliminating the backlogs under F4......

Recapture unused visas from 1992 to 2013; effective first FY from the date when this bill becomes law............

For fiscal year 2012 (which ended on September 2012), only 208,000 visas were allotted to family based visa petitions; instead of 226,000. This means about 18,000 visas were unused in the family based category...... :crying:

According to law, any unused visas from family category will flow to employment based category. This means EB category will be getting an additional 18,000 visas in fiscal year 2013 (October 2012 to September 2013)..unsure.gif

To be precise, FB category was allotted 207,535 visas (instead of 226,000 visas). This means 18,465 extra visas SHOULD be available. However, the demand data states that only 18,000 extra visas WOULD be available. This means, as you guessed by now, 465 visas would be "wasted". Also DOS is working to have zero unused visas in FB category by moving dates faster in FB category (so that they would use up the quota faster).

Many of our readers are wondering why there are so many unused visas left from FB category; especially when there is a huge backlog of over 20 years in some FB categories. It is probably due to miscommunication and/or inaccurate/old numbers passed between various groups involved which is leading to waste of so many visas.. :bonk:

1 October 2013..rolleyes.gif

Timeline

Quick question:

I am going to apply for my sister. Do i have to file I-130 separate for each person( Like my sister's husband, son and daughter)? I have heard rumor that last date of filing for sister/brother is May 31st, 2013? Please input your opinion.

The rumour is baseless...mad.gif There is no last date of filing...If CIR becomes a law by October...then the new terms of the bill will set in..yes.gif

Good Luck..good.gif

Timeline

Thanks for the updates...! I have already mailed NVC when my status on CEAC was "Your FIle is Expiring soon", at that time they told me that your file is not with NVC, it has already been sent to Mumbai consulate, when I contacted Mumbai consulate they told me that as your priority date is not current they can not process your case...!

And after all this my status on CEAC showing Expired..!

Timeline

YOU HAVE IT WRONG!!! HE IS REFERING TO THE SENATE BILLL.

m not wrong..u red it in the wrong way.....that is commonsense that by 4 july this bill will be pass by senators and then refer to house......and you will see house will pass this bill by the end of july...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.