5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys will keep you updated on what's going on with my case. I did a service request on March 15th and was told that I will get a response in 15 days. Called again today and was told by a 2nd level agent that I just have to wait until I get my response from my SR done on March 15th, in that response I should be advised as to how much longer I will have to wait for visa. If you guys get news before me pls also let me know. Interview done Oct 11th 2011.

Hey Guys I got my GC Yesterday in the mail!!! kicking.gif I actually got approved on may 10 but didnt get it til today. The service requests really helped. Hope you guys and other lifeact members are having the same luck!

CBF

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Grenada
Timeline

Hey Guys I got my GC Yesterday in the mail!!! kicking.gif I actually got approved on may 10 but didnt get it til today. The service requests really helped. Hope you guys and other lifeact members are having the same luck!

CBF

CBF,

Congrats!!! dancin5hr.gif

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good news ............

Today, on a bipartisan vote of 13 to 5, the Senate Judiciary Committee voted to pass Senate Bill 744, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act, out of the committee and on to the Senate floor for a full vote in the coming days.

Cheers .............kicking.gif

Timeline

Good news ............

Today, on a bipartisan vote of 13 to 5, the Senate Judiciary Committee voted to pass Senate Bill 744, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act, out of the committee and on to the Senate floor for a full vote in the coming days.

Cheers .............kicking.gif

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/US-Senate-panel-approves-immigration-overhaul-bill/articleshow/20189260.cms?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22620327

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

CBF

CBF,

Congrats.I am still waiting for mine.Was Interviewed on June 10th,2011.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys

My brother who is a US citizen is currently filing a I-130 PETITION on my behalf. What happens to the application in the current immigration reform scenario. Would the application be filed under the normal F-4 pipeline as has been the case as per current rules and the wait for the next 12 years or will it be pushed to the merit based category as per the current proposed immigration bill. My brother intends to file the application on the 5th June 2013 at the california office. I would sincerely request the gurus here to reply asap. Pls advise

Thanks and regards

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Grenada
Timeline

Hi Lurxor,

How about you? CBF got the GC.I am still waiting for mine.

Hi nazibk,

No GC yet, still waiting also and from NYC like you. Interviewed Oct' 11. Did a SR march 15th and got letter in the mail dated April 23rd stating; once my priorty date becomes current an an immigrant number becomes available to you USCIS will resume processing your application. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 3 months from this letter, please contact customer service.

Let me know if you get anything, hoping you do soon.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Regarding Police certificates from Pakistan. I've lived all my life in Karachi but at different addresses. Do I have to submit Police certificates for all the addresses I resided at since age 16? Will appreciate a reply.

Timeline

Now bill will take step debating in congress and by the end of June vote will be happened and it will pass I hope. Finally before September bill will signed by mr Obama and immigration reform legislation will become a law eventually smile.png

Not so fast my friend.....the bill has a long way to go...Don't get me wrong I will be the happiest person on earth when this passes but just pointing out the hurdles in the way...

Senate still needs to pass it and most importantly house need to pass it...I am very worried about house....it is control by republicans and it will be hard to get it pass through house...hopefully it passes soon...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/21/senate-committee-approves-comprehensive-immigration-reform-bill/

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Bump

Seriously, despite the fact that everyone here has an advantage with their petitions being filed compared to a newbie like me none have bothered to reply to my query. Is it too much to ask ?

"

Hi Guys

My brother who is a US citizen is currently filing a I-130 PETITION on my behalf. What happens to the application in the current immigration reform scenario. Would the application be filed under the normal F-4 pipeline as has been the case as per current rules and the wait for the next 12 years or will it be pushed to the merit based category as per the current proposed immigration bill. My brother intends to file the application on the 5th June 2013 at the california office. I would sincerely request the gurus here to reply asap. Pls advise

Thanks and regards"

Edited by bubbu64

Filed: Timeline

Bump

Seriously, despite the fact that everyone here has an advantage with their petitions being filed compared to a newbie like me none have bothered to reply to my query. Is it too much to ask ?

"

Hi Guys

Thanks and regards"

Sorry mate for the late reply. Well if your brother apply for you before the bill is enactment, you will get your GReen card within 7 years as they promised to clear all backlogs by fiscal year 2021. And your visa processing will be done by merit based category track 2. As they promised they will clear all backlogs of family based category under merit based track 2. But you don't need any special requirement to qualify for visa I mean green card. You just need to proof being of brother of the petitioner. Dnt get late tell him to file the petition as soon as possible. Good luck Edited by ashk

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Nice to meet everyone of you!

I've been following up on the CIR bill that's sent to full Senate floor now. Too bad the backlog issue wasn't discussed much in the committee, but I guess that means both sides of the aisle don't mind what the bill says about it.

The thing is, I'm not getting how the math works to reduce/eliminate the backlog on F4. I understand that both sides want to deal with the backlog, and it isn't as controversial as some other provisions are. But just how exactly, and how fast, is the bill going to work on the family-based backlog (according to the currently amended version, at least)?

And personally: my (mom's actually; I am her derivative) priority date is [Nov 25th, 2005]. The current PD is [May 1st, 2001]. Does anyone of you have any idea as to how quickly my family may be able to get the Adjustment of Status step? Since the bill won't even affect us till 2014 October even if it gets enacted this year (or am I wrong?), I figured it won't be anytime soon.

Thanks in advance. It's relieving in my opinion to have this kind of support group (at least I feel so, because of all the frustration and disappointments in regards to this issue)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.