Peace....

I-864 needed in Morocco for interview within a month

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear Members,

After doing much research here and on the MENA Forum, It has come to my attention that the I-134 affidavit of support is no longer being applied at the Embassy in Casablanca. Instead the I-864 is being used for the interview. I emailed the embassy and yes this is correct information they replied. It's so odd that this form is being used for the interview process. I also asked about using assets if income falls just below the poverty level. They didn't answer the specific question, but they did say that no financial information would be required. That's Odd! Anyway, all I know is that I have to submit it. From what I have heard from other MENA members, Morocco is one of the few that does not look at financial information, but is that not what the I-864 is all about financially speaking.???

Form I-864

#23 Under current individual annual income:

While reading the instructions on the I-864 is says under Current Income Annual Income, if you claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest, you may also include evidence of ability to maintain that income. So in other words, I can prove thru my divorce decree that clearly states that child support is going to be maintained until the age of 18 or 19 whichever age my daughter graduates first.

Though alimony is no longer valid when married, and it's taxable, do I not add this on line #23 CURRENT income. This is where it gets confusing, cause I do pay taxes quarterly as of 2010, so where do I put this $ amount at? because legally it is income and I don't want to lie on this form if questioned about it.

Onto the next question:

Also, the I-864 is the only form that I would use if I was the only person sponsoring right? No I864A is necessary, that is only for joint sponsors from what I understand.

Just to clear things up, I will be using assets such as (bank/401/savings/3 titles of vehicles owned and paid off as evidence due to the shortage of income since I am currently in school with graduation on Aug 15. I may not need to use those assets due to a job interview tomorrow, that my teacher so nicely recommended me for. So just maybe I will add a letter of employment and date of hire with this I-864 if all goes well.

Thank you all and any help is greatly appreciated on the income question.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't have all your answers but I do know that the child support should be a record of payment. For example a print out from your state comptrollers office if he pays through them or check stubs or the records of a bank account set up just for those payments only. Your court order from the divorce is great for you to use for enforcement but it does not prove that you recieve those payments in a consistant and regular manner each month.

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

I don't have all your answers but I do know that the child support should be a record of payment. For example a print out from your state comptrollers office if he pays through them or check stubs or the records of a bank account set up just for those payments only. Your court order from the divorce is great for you to use for enforcement but it does not prove that you recieve those payments in a consistant and regular manner each month.

Hmm good point !! I do have the deposits online thru my bank account which looks likes this STATE OF OHIO OH39000 every 2 weeks with the deposit amount, but the deposit amount also includes my alimony as well. My ex has it taken out of his check from work every 2 weeks and its sent via to the CSEA where they then do a direct deposit into my bank account.

Timeline

Hmm good point !! I do have the deposits online thru my bank account which looks likes this STATE OF OHIO OH39000 every 2 weeks with the deposit amount, but the deposit amount also includes my alimony as well. My ex has it taken out of his check from work every 2 weeks and its sent via to the CSEA where they then do a direct deposit into my bank account.

ok then you can contact the state OAG child support division and ask them for a certified record of child support payments. They should be able to give you a print out or guide you on how to set up an online account where you can do that yourself. I know I can access my payment history online and print it off for every year I have gotten child support from my ex in my state. This would be what they would want to see for proof of income through child support

event.png

event.png

ok then you can contact the state OAG child support division and ask them for a certified record of child support payments. They should be able to give you a print out or guide you on how to set up an online account where you can do that yourself. I know I can access my payment history online and print it off for every year I have gotten child support from my ex in my state. This would be what they would want to see for proof of income through child support

oh good tomorrow after the interview i am gonna call them. thankkkkkkkkkkks

Timeline

oh good tomorrow after the interview i am gonna call them. thankkkkkkkkkkks

not a problem glad I can help!! I also think if you send in something like that it is much easier to read than your bank statements for 3 years. If they can't help you maybe you can ask your bank for a record of deposit for just those payments only. I don't know if this is possible for them to do but it never hurts to ask!! Good luck!!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hello, well as far as I know casa consulate does look at financial information, and now even more thats why now the I864 is required because they got strict on that especially in the recent interviews including my fiance, that is the first thing they ask for is the I864 and some of the people that dont make enough are told to get a co sponsor I have even read here on vj alot of stories where the us citizen makes just enough above poverty level and still she was asked to get a co sponsor, there was also another person that made well above the poverty line and was told to bring a letter from her parents saying that they will help her out if needed, in just a recent interview someone took a co sponsor but the consulate didnt approve it and asked them to find another one and my fiance took to his interview my most recent tax returns along with a letter of employment, proof of my other incomes, Stubs, and we had way more than poverty line and still they asked him for my 2008 tax returns so i would say yes your financial sittuation is very important they need to see that he will not fall into government help. I gave my fiance proof of alot of things but it seems like they dont look at your assets and also about the alimony you can add it to your current income but they wont take it in to consideration because its not income that you will have to support your fiance to be on the safe side i would get a co sponsor that way u dont take any chances. About the I 864A you are right you wont need it you will only need the I864.

good luck I hope it was helpful

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

From what I noticed they're strict with the financial support when it comes to K1 and K3 compared to CR1. Maybe because you still have some more filing to do whith those visas which means more money to spend, so they need to make sure that you'll have enough and that you really can support your spouse or fiance untill they get everything straight and can work in the U.S.

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I also receive child support and need to show this as income but I have a question..where in the form do we apply this amount? at the total of income? and then provide a list with documentation of this? It also doesnt' include a place to put quarterly dividends that come to me will that also apply to the income and again where will i put this information? IT only has a place for employement and houshold members income not other income from anythng other than employment.

thanks!!!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's (Affidavit of Support), packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.