Karen&Coby

I-129F help

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow... just when I thought I had this all figured out.

Couple of questions

First, do I need to send in more than one copy of the G 325 forms?

If so, how many?

I thought it was only one and than I read on here that it was 4?

Second, who do I make the cheque out to?

Third, I don't have many chat logs of us talking but I have 5 airline tickets, will a couple of chat logs be okay?

Thanks ! :)

Couple of questions

First, do I need to send in more than one copy of the G 325 forms?

If so, how many?

I thought it was only one and than I read on here that it was 4?

Third, I don't have many chat logs of us talking but I have 5 airline tickets, will a couple of chat logs be okay?

1. No, just a G-325A for each of you with a passport picture attached. No need for four copies.

2. You make the cheque out to the United States Department of Homeland Security.

3. Include everything you have! Airline tickets, any chat logs you have, any emails, phone records, pictures. Anything you can think of that will make it obvious you two have a relationship.

I was under the impression that for the I-129F filing, proof of meeting in the last 2 years was required. Evidence of a relationship is required for the interview.

Also, the G-325A use to have 4 pages. That is where the 4 comes from. It is now only 1 page. So one G-325A for you and one for your fiance(e).

I was under the impression that for the I-129F filing, proof of meeting in the last 2 years was required. Evidence of a relationship is required for the interview.

I-129F package requires proof of meeting and proof of ongoing relationship. You will need further proof of ongoing relationship at the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Check this out http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3850a99ba78af110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

God bless

Patty ♥

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Send all chat logs, emails, letters, pictures and any information that establish that you have an on going relationship

Good Luck

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I-129F package requires proof of meeting and proof of ongoing relationship. You will need further proof of ongoing relationship at the interview.

Actually the I129F packet only requires the proof of meeting. The proof of relationship is not needed until the interview, however, if you are dealing with a consulate in a high fraud country it is advised to front load the I-129 petition with proof of meeting, but it is not required.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Actually the I129F packet only requires the proof of meeting. The proof of relationship is not needed until the interview, however, if you are dealing with a consulate in a high fraud country it is advised to front load the I-129 petition with proof of meeting, but it is not required.

Huh. I always thought it was required, regardless of country. It seems the vast majority of people here include it in their original petition. Guess it can't hurt any. :)

Play it safe, and front load your application. Loaded for bear is preferable. Good luck.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Proof of meeting within the past two years is essential with the petition. Without it, USCIS will not approve the petition.

Proof of ongoing relationship is not needed by USCIS to approve the petition. However, since anything you submit will usually be included in the package sent to the consulate, it may help to frontload your petition with some evidence of your relationship. With some consulates, it's practically essential. For Canada, not so much...

If you do decide to frontload your petition, give some careful thought to what you include, and DON'T just jam pack your petition package with everything you've got. Every piece of evidence you choose to include should address some question you want answered for the consulate, without raising any questions you don't want to raise. By giving too much information you could be inadvertently telling the CO exactly what to focus on order to trip up your fiancee during the interview. What if you include every chat transcript you've got, the CO picks one at random and it just happens to be the one where you're discussing the best tactics for beating the interview? Is this really something you'd want to share with the CO?

I believe frontloading can be a very powerful tool, especially if you're dealing with a tough consulate. I used it myself, and I'm convinced it was the main reason my wife's interview was short and easy. I've seen other people go down in flames because they frontloaded evidence of red flags without actually doing anything to address them. Don't let this happen to you. More is not always better.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Proof of meeting within the past two years is essential with the petition. Without it, USCIS will not approve the petition.

Proof of ongoing relationship is not needed by USCIS to approve the petition. However, since anything you submit will usually be included in the package sent to the consulate, it may help to frontload your petition with some evidence of your relationship. With some consulates, it's practically essential. For Canada, not so much...

If you do decide to frontload your petition, give some careful thought to what you include, and DON'T just jam pack your petition package with everything you've got. Every piece of evidence you choose to include should address some question you want answered for the consulate, without raising any questions you don't want to raise. By giving too much information you could be inadvertently telling the CO exactly what to focus on order to trip up your fiancee during the interview. What if you include every chat transcript you've got, the CO picks one at random and it just happens to be the one where you're discussing the best tactics for beating the interview? Is this really something you'd want to share with the CO?

I believe frontloading can be a very powerful tool, especially if you're dealing with a tough consulate. I used it myself, and I'm convinced it was the main reason my wife's interview was short and easy. I've seen other people go down in flames because they frontloaded evidence of red flags without actually doing anything to address them. Don't let this happen to you. More is not always better.

Luckily the chat transcripts and email conversations that I did include weren't very interesting. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.