mcdsnight

QUESTION ABOUT NOA2

30 posts in this topic

Being in the military does not make it faster. My fiancé is in the military and we didn't get NO2 yet. It's being 3 months now. VSC doesn't seem to be fast now.

They have to be in active service/deployed for the expedite that you file I believe.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

There is no way to tell - we filed at VSC, we have no prior marriages, engagements, children, etc between us, we are very finacially stable, we have been together for 7 years, lived together for 5 of those years (had to part b/c of work circumstance), no criminal records... basically we meet every criteria that the responders above listed as things that can make it go fast... but we've been waiting since april. and i've seen people on this site who met less than a year ago, with multiple divorces, child custody issues, income issues, and so on, who are approved in under a month. there's just no telling... my theory is that it all comes down to the luck of the draw.

April 23 2010 -- I-129f sent

April 27 2010 -- check cashed, NOA1 dated

Aug 2, 2010 -- touched

Aug 13, 2010 -- date of NOA2, I-129F approved

Aug 17, 2010 -- NVC sent application to embassy

Sept 2, 2010 -- Medical

Sept 7, 2010 -- Receive checklist from embassy

Sept 7, 2010 -- Hand-deliver packet to embassy

Sept 30, 2010 -- Receive notice of interview date

Oct. 4, 2010 -- Interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah i guess it's bounded by luck...i wish we are all lucky enough.... :thumbs:

whatever comes our way, we are gonna make it through

Timeline

June 02, 2010 - filed K1 visa...

June 07, 2010 - package delivered to USCIS

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 14, 2010 - check cleared

June 17, 2010 - touched

I hate waiting...:P

in God we trust....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

In my case, i had a background investigation Under adjudication for a job. And when we went for our interview, the consulate interviewer had my investigation form in front Of him. We were the first of the four in to be seen. But the second to last to be interviewed. The interviewer asked me several questions in depth that I could not believe he actually asked. But I understand now, that the seriousness of having a relationship with a foreign national only requires US officials to scrutinize the entire relationship. Questioning whether or not it is real or not. And by the way, our entire process took 117 days entirely. My fiancée just received her passport/visa yesterday via delivery. So I'm not sure exactly why mine went so fast but, I'm praying that you all have your NOA 2's soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

ours is in Vermont...but a lot of applicants were already approved but not us....even those who applied later than us...:(

I agree. We wait for our application from Vermont for 4 and half months already and nothing. :(:(((

18th March 2010- Application is accepted

23rd March 2010- Touched....

30th September 2010- Approved at USCIS Vermont

5th October 2010- Case was received at NVC

7th October 2010- Hard Copy NOA2

28th October 2010- Embassy received our case (US Embassy in Bangkok)

5th November 2010- Got Packet 3 from the Embassy

Timeline

They have to be in active service/deployed for the expedite that you file I believe.

My fiance is in Active Duty and about to get deployed. He actually called to Military line in USCIS that was absolutely useless. :( They say that they "help" Military, but in reality 4 and half months later and we can't even get a response from USCIS. :(

My fiance is in Active Duty and about to get deployed. He actually called to Military line in USCIS that was absolutely useless. :( They say that they "help" Military, but in reality 4 and half months later and we can't even get a response from USCIS. :(

Have you tried contacting a Congressperson? That is unacceptable.

Hopefully you can work something out soon.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

Have you tried contacting a Congressperson? That is unacceptable.

Hopefully you can work something out soon.

We did. :( No response. I think it is just our luck. :( Levi is getting deployed in November. Time is running out and we might not see each other for another 1 and half years while he will be in Afghanistan. :( Thank you! :)

Timeline

In my case, i had a background investigation Under adjudication for a job. And when we went for our interview, the consulate interviewer had my investigation form in front Of him. We were the first of the four in to be seen. But the second to last to be interviewed. The interviewer asked me several questions in depth that I could not believe he actually asked. But I understand now, that the seriousness of having a relationship with a foreign national only requires US officials to scrutinize the entire relationship. Questioning whether or not it is real or not. And by the way, our entire process took 117 days entirely. My fiancée just received her passport/visa yesterday via delivery. So I'm not sure exactly why mine went so fast but, I'm praying that you all have your NOA 2's soon

I guess that's what they want that's why they make you wait a long time, to break up for them to prove that most of the relationship is fraud. I bet they have no idea how hard it is to be apart from the one you love and longing to be with. I am praying to for all the couples out there to be stronger. NOA2 will be there soon

Timeline

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

Timeline

We did. :( No response. I think it is just our luck. :( Levi is getting deployed in November. Time is running out and we might not see each other for another 1 and half years while he will be in Afghanistan. :( Thank you! :)

just try again, bug them till they move and do something about it....good luck!

i think you just need to make a letter and the copy of the orders about deployment and fax it to them and you would know the answer ASAP..

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

Timeline

just try again, bug them till they move and do something about it....good luck!

i think you just need to make a letter and the copy of the orders about deployment and fax it to them and you would know the answer ASAP..

Thank you! :) They WILL be bugged. :) Though I am not sure we will be able to get those orders soon. Army never says when exactly they get deployed until the last moment, which is quite understandable. Levi is at the training at the moment until end of August and we don't have communication until then. So once he is back, maybe Army will provide somewhat docs that will help us to make this process a bit faster. :( Thank you for the luck! We can never have enough of it! :) Good luck to you too!

Timeline

Thank you! :) They WILL be bugged. :) Though I am not sure we will be able to get those orders soon. Army never says when exactly they get deployed until the last moment, which is quite understandable. Levi is at the training at the moment until end of August and we don't have communication until then. So once he is back, maybe Army will provide somewhat docs that will help us to make this process a bit faster. :( Thank you for the luck! We can never have enough of it! :) Good luck to you too!

oh is that how it works with the orders, well now I understand why it has to be expedited. I read about that one time, I just don't remember where, once you have the documents, fill out the expedite form something and the order and if I'm not mistaken u can get a result as early as 3days.I do hope it's true...

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

Timeline

oh is that how it works with the orders, well now I understand why it has to be expedited. I read about that one time, I just don't remember where, once you have the documents, fill out the expedite form something and the order and if I'm not mistaken u can get a result as early as 3days.I do hope it's true...

Thank you so much for an advice. Now, we gotta try to bring this into a motion. :) In the Army, you whether wait or hurry. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nothing that is worthwhile is ever easy.Remember that.May we all have the strength and patience to endure this process.Easier said than done:blink: but im keeping the faith!!! Hang in there everyone!:blush:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.