Ban Hammer

why the left hates guns

412 posts in this topic

WOW! The British are just a whole lot smarter than I gave them credit for! They banned a type of firearm before it existed!

The well regarded FIRST "assault rifle" was the German Stg 44. Named that becauwse it was introduced in 1944. How would it have been banned before it was invented?

The US was, and is, indeed afraid of civilians with arms. We know better. Anyone with a brain cell fears someone defending their family with a firearm, or even a sharp bamboo stick. so we used the atomic bomb to reduce OUR casualties.

Are you saying the US government would use the atomic bomb against its own population? Do you see how quickly this gets ridiculous?

If you cannot argue the subject of firearms accurately (and you can't, because you lose) then just go away quietly.

You are re-inforcing OUR position when you point out how fearful our military was of geisha girls with bamboo sticks. You sound ridiculous when you suggest a country outlaws things that do not exist, and you clearly have little knowledge of history.

I meant to say sub-machine guns.

You don't know what my position on guns is or use of the atomic weapon in Japan..as I haven't stated it here.....merely stating what happened in Japan vs what happened in Britain - but feel free to project your own interpretations on what I have said if it makes you feel better

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what hate?

you're not that coy.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Garys with their guns have defeated every modern army they've ever faced on the battle field.

That's exactly right. The lesson that history teaches over and over again is that NO ARMY,

no matter how powerful, can fight and win a guerilla war on foreign soil, especially against

a well armed and fanatical militia.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

That's exactly right. The lesson that history teaches over and over again is that NO ARMY,

no matter how powerful, can fight and win a guerilla war on foreign soil, especially against

although if the other side has a nuclear weapons, and is prepared to use it, it probably trumps a guerilla army on the land (which is why I brought up Jspan in WW, in spite of what Gary might think)

90day.jpg

Timeline

I think you care enough to "hate" - much more than I do.

but of course. it's my fault. :rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

although if the other side has a nuclear weapons, and is prepared to use it, it probably trumps a guerilla army on the land (which is why I brought up Jspan in WW, in spite of what Gary might think)

I thought we were discussing occupation, not mass genocide and destruction - the land becomes unusable

after a nuclear blast, so there's no point in trying to occupy it afterwards.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

or you are more bored than most

of course i'm bored, i'm at work! :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I never said someone cannot attempt a coup. Slim and his buds could get together and try to overthrow the government. That said, it would about as successful as it was in the Soviet Union. ;)

and I would buy tickets to watch him try

I thought we were discussing occupation, not mass genocide and destruction - the land becomes unusable

Like there is nothing in Nagasaki or Hiroshima

iraq shows it is possible - you just pay one faction to kill the other faction

the chinese will lend the money for it

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

The English Bill of rights in 1689 (ripped of in the main part by the Americans for their bill of rights) guarantees gun ownership in England and still does. (The UK didn't exist then )

Note that the 2nd does not need to be repealed in order for guns to be severely restricted to the point where they hardly exist.

So both constitutions guarantee gun ownership and both constitutions can be easily circumvented by local regulations.

The English bill of rights also referred to soldiers in towns and free speech etc etc

The more you read it, the more you see the American Constitution is just plagiarism off the greatest country ever to exist in the history of the world.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

use of nuclear weapons may incur losses on the "rebellious" forces, it will also incur losses on the friendly peoples as well.

in guerrilla style conflict it may be a little difficult to determine friend/foe. does this mean the "nuke'em" crowd is okay to attack friendlies as well?

Timeline

I'll say one thing, the British and the Aussie's have a warped way of looking at things.Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. The arrogance must be a cultural thing.

The yanks fed our loose women a supply of nylons and not much else.

The Brits BEAT the Germans in the Battle of Britain in 1940 using the Hawker Hurricane and the Supermarine Spitfire - both designed and made in Britain.

The Americans didn't save Britain - we saved ourselves in Autumn 1940 a good 18 months before the the Americans decided to stir themselves. Even then they had the decision forced on them at Pearl Harbour. They would still be dithering on the sidelines had it not been for that.

The Germans gave up trying to invade Britain at that stage (1940) and were then rolled back from Stalingrad by the atheist forces of Russia. 250,000 Germans were killed or captured at Stalingrad alone and 4 thousand got back to Germany.

The swaggering john waynes only made their move when the real fighting was almost over on 6th June 1944. They then used the Poles to mop up western Europe.

Even the Japanese were broken by the British in Burma and at Imphal and Kohima so their oil supplies etc were cut and they were severely weakened.

The Americans have never won a symmetrical war and they never could.

The rest of the world outside the US knows this is the correct version of ww2 and the myth only lives on in the USA

My dad fought from 1939 and got home in 1946 and rolled the Japanese back all the way from the Indian border to Rangoon.

From 1939 to the end of 1941 the Americans quivered behind their own borders and let the Brits fight on alone

That was no problem as they are the greatest country the world has ever known. That's a phrase I borrowed from Mitt Romney - he just got his geography wrong like many Americans

'Is Norway in the north of England too ?'

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

The Brits BEAT the Germans in the Battle of Britain in 1940 using the Hawker Hurricane and the Supermarine Spitfire - both designed and made in Britain.

suppose the opposing commanders making tactical and strategic errors ... example, poor selection of targets ... had absolutely nothing to do with this