Dr. A ♥ O

15.8 million out-of-work Americans

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good news, the Brazil economy is at pre 2008 levels and shows signs of even more rapid growth.

Anyone willing to relocate ???

I'll bet I get no takers from the unemployed ?

That's a bit unreasonable and you know it. By the same token, I could suggest that Ethiopia has seen phenomenal economic growth over the last few years and every prediction is that this will continue for years to come. That doesn't mean that relocating there is exactly an option for most of the unemployed. Relocating within the US? Sure, that's something I'd expect people to seriously consider - I've done it twice in as many years. But even relocating in the US might be quite a hardship for some.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Good news, the Brazil economy is at pre 2008 levels and shows signs of even more rapid growth.

Anyone willing to relocate ???

I'll bet I get no takers from the unemployed ?

My Brazil ETF is well up

I can profit from the Brazilian economy without moving an inch

Those guys can sweat it out making money for me while I play with the cats

That's what the company owners in Georgia say about people in Detroit - I have heard em !

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Entitlements are WORSE than CRACK!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

I take your word for it seeing that you're the expert on both.

Code for Im right! :yes:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

The good news is that there is usually 12 to 15 years between the big recessions, so as soon as this turns, the unemployed should have a good run before the next one hits.

We moved 3,200 miles for the job here - all the way from safety harbor, Florida.

It was a good move as she has a far better job than any that was on offer in Florida.

She worked 10 hours per day for 6 months trying to land a job in Florida - nothing doing at any level.

She took this huge geographical move and is earning more than I did at the peak of my career as a Director with great job security (as much as it can be) and six weeks holiday, no overtime and no weekends. Superb benefits and retirement funds.

Forget location right now - go where it is.

moresheep400100.jpg

If you were a large corp. with a 1200 page HC bill and a 2500 page financial reg. bill that isnt coherent would you invest and hire hundreds of ppl?

This is what you get!

37524_1337673928005_1415829928_30749112_294720_n.jpg

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

If you were a large corp. with a 1200 page HC bill and a 2500 page financial reg. bill that isnt coherent would you invest and hire hundreds of ppl?

This is what you get!

The US has always been a sweat shop for the bottom X % who dare not tell the people back home how badly they are doing and the freed slaves who have always laboured under the yoke and still do.

As social costs start to arrive, corporations will use other sweat shops like Vietnam.

The remainder will be illegal immigrants - so the bottom natural born echelon in the US is well stuffed. Caught between a Pedro and a Piedra.

The immigration bill cannot be done - too many businesses need cheap labour; every motel for a start. Can't be done - no se puede hacer ! The Reptilians will 'hell no' it for sure.

And thank God I'm only watching the game -- controlling it --

I don't see you guys rating

The kind of mate I'm contemplating

I'd let you watch, I would invite you

But the queens we use would not excite you

So you better go back to your bars, your temples, your massage

parlours --

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

The short answer is yes - we're hiring. Quite massively.

:dance: :dance: :dance: Then everything is GREAT! :bonk:

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sandwich shop 10 years ago 23k as assistant manager before that I was a pizza shop manager making roughly the same before that I was a pizza driver making less 6months prior to that in the early 90's I lost a tech job when convicted of a sex crime and became a registered SO. I lost my family and job due to my actions. I took responsibility and worked my Az$ off to ensure my exwife and children were provided for because i did this to them.

Whoah....what was the crime?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whoah....what was the crime?

I prefer not to go in to details of it but it was serious not as serious as most but enought to warrant my wife to divorce me and to be labled. I do not register anymore unless the law changes. More an more knee jerk laws are passed because it is not politically correct to speak out against them.

such as no longer qualifing for SBA loans (how does this protect people)

restrictions on residence ( I can see this if not abused as it was in Miami where the only place a registered SO could live was under a bridge and there was a large community liviing in tents there)

extended UI benefits (how does this protect anyone)

etc.

Not asking for sympathy but at least some reasonable thoughts on the effects of those knee jerk laws to my family who is innocent and how i can provide for them.

Not sure why you asked ...but my point of the post there is no reason for people not taking a job avaiable to them and working until they find something better and that it can get worse.

But anyone willing to work hard can get their selfesteem back and their life.