10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Luxembourg
Timeline

halo friend, I came here with K-1 visa and now we do with AOS. I plan to do for I-485, I-765 and I-131 in the same time.

My question is :

1. For I-485 they ask about : Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer ?

What I must answer ? Yes or No.

2. Passport photo : How many I must submit? Two passport photo or SIX passport photo ?

Because in the instruction i read , 2 for I-485, 2 for I-765 and 2 for I-131

But we submit in the same time so how many passport foto we need ?

3 . In the form I -131 they asked about Date of intended Departure and Expected Length of Trip.

I dont know that because I fill form I-131 because just in case I need, if something happend or

I have urgent something, so i must come back to my country.So I fill out advance parole. Its

that true or no that I fill out advance parole for I-131 , because just in case I need.

Thank for helping me with this answer, because I am confused for that

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

halo friend, I came here with K-1 visa and now we do with AOS. I plan to do for I-485, I-765 and I-131 in the same time.

My question is :

1. For I-485 they ask about : Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer ?

What I must answer ? Yes or No.

I answer yes to this question. The US immigration Officer inspected my documents, (brown envelope).

2. Passport photo : How many I must submit? Two passport photo or SIX passport photo ?

Because in the instruction i read , 2 for I-485, 2 for I-765 and 2 for I-131

But we submit in the same time so how many passport foto we need ?

I submitted total of 6 photos, 2 for I-485, 2 for I-765 and 2 for I-131.

3 . In the form I -131 they asked about Date of intended Departure and Expected Length of Trip.

I dont know that because I fill form I-131 because just in case I need, if something happend or

I have urgent something, so i must come back to my country.So I fill out advance parole. Its

that true or no that I fill out advance parole for I-131 , because just in case I need.

It won't hurt to file form I-131. You might be able to use it in case of emergency.

Thank for helping me with this answer, because I am confused for that

Good luck!

Adjustment of Status

May 4, 2010 - Date Filed I-485,I-765,I-131

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

May 24, 2010 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (ASC Michigan City, IN)

June 1, 2010 - Case transferred to CSC

July 14, 2010 - EAD approved, for card production

July 19, 2010 - Received AP in the mail

July 21, 2010 - I-485 GC approved, for card production

July 26, 2010 - Welcome letter received

July 28, 2010 - EAD card received

July 31, 2010 - Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

May 7, 2012 - Date Filed I-751

May 9, 2012 - Date of NOA!

June 8, 2012 - Biometrics Schedule

Timeline

Good luck!

Thank you for the answer, I have another question for form I-131

My question is :

No 1 : Part 2. Application Type :

Its true or no if I cross d ( I am applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the

united states after temporary foreign travel )

No 2 : Part 3. Processing Information .

1. Date of Intended Departure and No 2. Expected Length of trip

( mm/dd/yy )

What I must answer this question because I am apply just for in case emergency

Once more thanks so much for helping me.

Timeline

My question is :

Its true or no if I cross d ( I am applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the

Yes letter d.

( mm/dd/yy ) I wrote any future date, length of trip 2 to 3 weeks.

What I must answer this question because I am apply just for in case emergency.

I am applying for advance parole traveldocuments for the ability to travel to (country) for either business orin the event of a family emergency while my adjustment of status application ispending.

Once more thanks so much for helping me.

Adjustment of Status

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My question is :

Yes letter d.

( mm/dd/yy ) I wrote any future date, length of trip 2 to 3 weeks.

What I must answer this question because I am apply just for in case emergency.

I am applying for advance parole traveldocuments for the ability to travel to (country) for either business orin the event of a family emergency while my adjustment of status application ispending.

1. Yes correct D.

2. WRONG!!! DO NOT LIE! If you DO NOT have a trip planned DO NOT LIE on immigration documents. simply write "unknown" for both fields. This is not an issue. It's an emergency travel document. I wrote unknown as was approved with no RFE

3. WRONG!!! THIS IS NOT NEEDED for AOS applicants. PLEASE read the form instructions that state if you are applying for AOS you DO NOT attach a document stating your reasons for requesting the document as your AOS application IS the reason and you would attach the NOA1 receipt if you had it, or if filed WITH the AOS documents you don't attach anything except the supporting documents (those being proof of current status (i.e. your visa) and passport page, photos etc). Please read the AOS thread in my signature.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Wow awesome, I read you are site, Its really a good site.

And I have a question about G-325a - Biographic information including residence and employement attachment, in your cover letter.

So for G-325a I must submit my biographic information ( non US citizenship ) or my husband biographic information ( US citizenship ) or both of them.

And what kind of residence we need for submit. And now I am not working so what kind of employement attachment i need.

Thanks for helping

Timeline

1. Yes correct D.

2. WRONG!!! DO NOT LIE! If you DO NOT have a trip planned DO NOT LIE on immigration documents. simply write "unknown" for both fields. This is not an issue. It's an emergency travel document. I wrote unknown as was approved with no RFE

3. WRONG!!! THIS IS NOT NEEDED for AOS applicants. PLEASE read the form instructions that state if you are applying for AOS you DO NOT attach a document stating your reasons for requesting the document as your AOS application IS the reason and you would attach the NOA1 receipt if you had it, or if filed WITH the AOS documents you don't attach anything except the supporting documents (those being proof of current status (i.e. your visa) and passport page, photos etc). Please read the AOS thread in my signature.

I got an approval for my AP despite what you said that it was wrong.. Maybe if it was wrong for the USCIS people it won't be approved.

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

1. Yes correct D.

Oh. I get it. I think you misunderstand what I meant. I wrote "any future date" on my form, I didn't mean for the person to just write whatever particular date on the form. I mean, we don't know JUST when we will travel, but THAT we want to travel. So we just write that in there, as a sort of variable. So, you aren't lying, or giving a false particular date, just getting permission for any future emergency date. =p

So, it's just unclear language. Sort of like if you are in math class or something and the prof says "write down any prime number" and then some kid writes down "any prime number" instead of, say, "19" or "7" or "29" or whatever =p

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

wow congratulation your gc approved today

Oh. I get it. I think you misunderstand what I meant. I wrote "any future date" on my form, I didn't mean for the person to just write whatever particular date on the form. I mean, we don't know JUST when we will travel, but THAT we want to travel. So we just write that in there, as a sort of variable. So, you aren't lying, or giving a false particular date, just getting permission for any future emergency date. =p

So, it's just unclear language. Sort of like if you are in math class or something and the prof says "write down any prime number" and then some kid writes down "any prime number" instead of, say, "19" or "7" or "29" or whatever =p

wow congratulation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.