AKguy

She's here!

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife b!tches about the milk but the only thing she ever does with it is pours it into her coffee (when she's out of condensed milk) or into the cats' dishes. "See, event they not will be drink your fooooo milk like water. They not like eiser." Then I'll buy a gallon of whole milk and it'll go bad.

I drink a whole bunch of Nesquick and she hates that too. "FFFoooooooo! Too much kakoa! Too sweet! How you drink zis nasty sh!t?"

We went through a period of sampling just about every product in the grocery store. The buttermilk wasn't the right buttermilk, the cream wasn't creamy enough, milk wasn't milk.... the only thing that's been "right" has been Kefir and condensed milk in the cans - and we had to boil that for a while before it was acceptable.

Somehow you always manage to capture the Russian accent. :rofl:

I have heard all the same sh*t. Even the milk from the cow..."There is something wrong with this milk" Alla! It is from the cow, what can they do to it?! "They make it cold too quickly" (he does have a "flash cooler") and she insists that sour milk tastes GOOD unless someone has "done something" to it, and she says this fresh milk does not taste good when it goes sour. I will take her word for it.

Alla uses Maple Syrup or Honey to sweeten her drinks, (coffee or tea) she does not like sugar.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

The closest I've had to real milk in U.S. is "Organic Valley" D milk. It's thick enough and it has similar taste.

Other organic milks, however, tasted like ####### ("Horizon" brand, etc).

The farm I buy milk from uses Holstein cows. If you can find anyone that has a Jersey cow, they produce milk with 6-7% butterfat and it is thicker. I used to buy from a farm that had some Jersey cows. They are used for making other milk products, cheese etc. I do not know anyone around our new place with Jersey cows, but we are looking.

Gary And Alla

I don't think the taste is quite right. It's akin to how our sour cream isn't quite right either; but they still go through butckets of our nasty sour cream anyway.

We have a "his and hers" assortment of products in our house. Mine taste "normal" and hers taste like they've shot waaaay past the expiration date.

Yea, Zhanna went on and on about how chicken doesn't taste like chicken.

Have you taken her to KFC or Popeyes? Church's, maybe? Chicken wings from a sports bar?

My wife's Achilles heel is fried chicken. She absolutely loves the stuff. When her sister came to visit I bet we went through about four buckets in the two weeks she was here. Now, if I'm tired of "healty food" I recommend fried chicken or chicken wings. Works every time.

I told her "Why don't you put it in the cupboard over night with you Kefir and then maybe it will taste like real chciken."

She didn't think it was as funny as I did....

That's awesome!

And there are several things she keeps telling me that are "Healthy" but common sense and having went to a health science college I tend to disagree w/ her.

"Sorry dear, Salo is not healthy"

My wife makes "healthy" salads and soups... and then loads them up with mayo or sour cream.

Salo. Yeah, not exactly "healthy." Probably about as healthy as chicken wings.

Alla not only has to have whole milk...she insists on personally knowing the COW

You guys better never leave Vermont. Either that, or you should set up a "get to know your cow" website where folks can watch live links of their cow giving milk and tracking shipments in realtime.

she insists that sour milk tastes GOOD unless someone has "done something" to it, and she says this fresh milk does not taste good when it goes sour. I will take her word for it.

I get that quite a bit with brand new products. Open it up and "fooooo. Somesing nasty." When I assure her it's packaged fresh and never been open she tells me "it's not fresh when they package. Nasty American stuff. Not natural and fresh."

Alla uses Maple Syrup or Honey to sweeten her drinks, (coffee or tea) she does not like sugar.

My wife doesn't use sugar either. Honey, condensed milk, maybe. Sparingly at that.

If you can find anyone that has a Jersey cow,

We have a pretty cool Jersey dairy not too far from us. They let visitors walk through the petting zoo and show how the milk is produced, etc. Then, the highlight of the trip is the ice cream. Wonderful, delicious ice cream from that fat milk!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I've been listening to that same stuff for almost five years. It seems that all of the products here in America are just not as good as what was available in the FSU. I was really beginning to think that us poor Americans would soon die of food poisoning. What it looks like is we are all going to die from heart disease because of the excess we eat and of course, junk food.

Now I just let it roll off my back. "Yeah, sure honey, whatever you say." Our sour cream is just not good enough but she does buy the light sour cream since we can't make the trip to the Russian stores as often as she would like. I think I'll mention that we should buy cmatana next time and mix it with light sour cream and store as much as possible (does it freeze well?).

What I really don't understand is this salty fish baloney. If this is so good for us, why is she (and others) always telling to stop using so much salt on our food. I will agree, we do use too much salt, but the comparison seems to fall on deaf ears. :crying:

Timeline

I've been listening to that same stuff for almost five years. It seems that all of the products here in America are just not as good as what was available in the FSU. I was really beginning to think that us poor Americans would soon die of food poisoning. What it looks like is we are all going to die from heart disease because of the excess we eat and of course, junk food.

Now I just let it roll off my back. "Yeah, sure honey, whatever you say." Our sour cream is just not good enough but she does buy the light sour cream since we can't make the trip to the Russian stores as often as she would like. I think I'll mention that we should buy cmatana next time and mix it with light sour cream and store as much as possible (does it freeze well?).

What I really don't understand is this salty fish baloney. If this is so good for us, why is she (and others) always telling to stop using so much salt on our food. I will agree, we do use too much salt, but the comparison seems to fall on deaf ears. :crying:

We found a very big aznd well stocked Russian store in Montreal while wandering around there the other day. OMG! It was like we hit the jackpot! I suppose we will be going there more often now. She bought, among other things...BUCKWHEAT!

Gary And Alla

we should buy cmatana next time and mix it with light sour cream and store as much as possible (does it freeze well?).

Sometimes it freezes OK but others it comes out all soupy. Hit or miss.

Gary, you have to try the buckwheat with chunked up pieces of beef and pork mixed in. Spread some hot sauce around, and it's delicious!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Sometimes it freezes OK but others it comes out all soupy. Hit or miss.

Gary, you have to try the buckwheat with chunked up pieces of beef and pork mixed in. Spread some hot sauce around, and it's delicious!

I think I will just try the beef and pork with hot sauce. Sound delicious.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is Grechka the same as buckwheat? Because the Grechka Katya has cooked since day 1 is downright tasty. I love it with some of the random bits of meat she heaps on top.

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Timeline

Is Grechka the same as buckwheat? Because the Grechka Katya has cooked since day 1 is downright tasty. I love it with some of the random bits of meat she heaps on top.

Da. There is just no accounting for taste

Gary And Alla

I like grechka.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

I like grechka.

Alla rounded up a couple of her Russian/Ukrainian friends today and headed back up to Montreal to the "New Russian Store" I hope to hell that CBP confiscates any salt fish she tries to import into this country! :lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Speaking of salty fish... I'm at the store yesterday and I spot some smoked oysters. I think, "Oh! Something we both will like!"... I ended up almost having to force her to try one, a tiny bite of one. I ate a fish egg for you, woman! She gagged a bite down, and that was it, no more, no how. Maybe if I dump a ton of salt on it next time. :D

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

Speaking of salty fish... I'm at the store yesterday and I spot some smoked oysters. I think, "Oh! Something we both will like!"... I ended up almost having to force her to try one, a tiny bite of one. I ate a fish egg for you, woman! She gagged a bite down, and that was it, no more, no how. Maybe if I dump a ton of salt on it next time. :D

I LOVE smoked oysters. (and raw oysters) Alla hates them. She likes smoked salmon. I like smoked salmon. Sometimes we eat smoked salmon together. :)

Alla has returned from Montreal with a bag of stinky fish! Damn border guys let anyone in! Plus she smells like every type of perfume in her favorite department store on Blvd. Maisonnueve! Ack! :wow:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I like grechka.

It's definitely good stuff when cooked right and served with meat or other things

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.