AKguy

She's here!

104 posts in this topic

Glad to hear everything's going fine so far. Get well soon!

stocking up on food. :D And subsequently leaving it out on the counters... we're working on that. :whistle: Just like I'm working on only giving her warm beverages. "Phoo! It's cold!". hehe

Good luck with that. I still come into the kitchen every day to find milk, butter, etc., out on the counter. Nothing like making a lunchmeat sandwich and leaving the open packages out on the counter for a few hours while doing more important stuff like taking a nap or painting fingernails, etc.

As for the cold drinks... We're about to hit four years and that's still a no-no. Same with A/C and the fan. Although, she is more apt now to cover herself instead of yelling at me to turn it off. Well, yells first but then covers herself and allows me to keep it turned on.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good luck with that. I still come into the kitchen every day to find milk, butter, etc., out on the counter. Nothing like making a lunchmeat sandwich and leaving the open packages out on the counter for a few hours while doing more important stuff like taking a nap or painting fingernails, etc.

As for the cold drinks... We're about to hit four years and that's still a no-no. Same with A/C and the fan. Although, she is more apt now to cover herself instead of yelling at me to turn it off. Well, yells first but then covers herself and allows me to keep it turned on.

Imagine living with THREE Ukrainians! And two of them teenage boys! This means the kitchen is always open, and so is the food, bread, milk, etc. I have to be the last one to bed to make sure everything is in the fridge. I swear they eat like WOLVES and nearly constantly. In all honesty a loaf of bread would never sit on the counter long enough to go stale. I gave up on putting ornage juice in the refrigerator, and it seems to do no harm to leave it out. Again it never lasts more than 24 hours.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah I don't bother with stuff left out. Katya's mother is here now, so between the 3 of them; all the lukewarm dairy products are devoured post haste. Denis used to scold me for handing him cold milk, forcing me to microwave it. But I've handed him more and more cold beverages and he drinks em just fine.

Oh and the food bills from Costco were a shock. I'm glad she knew exactly what to buy, because after being single for 34 years; #### if I knew what to buy to cook meals. If I were to examine the expenses; I'm sure we are eating cheaper than I was before; on a meal by meal basis. I might be paying more overall, but I would reckon I'm saving over how I was eating. And, Healthier food is a given; I don't need to discuss the benefits of her meals over Taco Bell. :P

Edited by Jonathan Matthies

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Timeline

No AC here, though we really don't need it...thank goodness. I wouldn't want THAT battle. No fans allowed either! I tried a fan in one of the bedroom windows, blowing OUT. No way! It brings air in from the other windows! Damn.

Cold drinks are still out for Alla, and yes, she does microwave the milk. Pasha will drink cold drinks but gets scolded if Alla catches him. He also sneaks junk food into his room when he comes home from his job at the drive-in theatre snack bar. They give the leftovers to the employees at closing time. Fries, GAMburgers, burritos, etc. :rofl: And usually a tall cup of coke! It all gets buried in the trash in the garage...hide the evidence! Sergey hasn't spent enough time here to adjust to cold drinks. He likes "iced tea" with lemon and sugar, but makes it and lets it sit on the counter. It really isn't "iced", it is just not "hot". What do you call that? "Room temperature tea"?

Oh Shawn, you have so much fun to look forward to! :lol: It all balances out after a while.

Gary And Alla

the kitchen is always open, and so is the food, bread, milk, etc.

I gave up trying to convince her that it needs to be refrigerated and/or sealed up. Too much of a battle and no progress. Easier to just clean it up myself.

I don't need to discuss the benefits of her meals over Taco Bell. :P

There is some benefit to it, but I'm not a huge fan of making a big mess (and subsequent cleanup) just to eat one meal. When my wife first got here she'd spend hours preparing one meal and then be all mad because I wouldn't help her clean up. I'm not a fan of leaving everything out while cooking, after eating, for a few hours while we drink tea and eat sugarless cake... then cleaning up before bed. When I cook, the kitchen is as clean while I'm cooking as it was before I started. Something comes out, it goes right back when I'm through with it.

And I don't see the need to cook complex meals when Taco Bell is so easy to clean up. With only two people eating... the money saved is minimal compared to the time necessary for prep. Typically I work 10-12 hour shifts so cooking to save a few bucks isn't really high on my priority list. My wife can't wrap her head around why I'm not willing to spend two hours a day in the kitchen so we can save $5.

He likes "iced tea" with lemon and sugar, but makes it and lets it sit on the counter. It really isn't "iced", it is just not "hot". What do you call that? "Room temperature tea"?

I wish I had a dollar for every time I was scolded for throwing out a cup of something that'd been sitting on the counter for a day or two. "Why you throw away my juice? I only prepare." Prepare?

I didn't know tea and juice were still good to drink after a few hours in the hot weather but apparently they are. If she gets sick, it wasn't from that... it was from the mystery wind.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Safe and sound I picked her up from the airport at 2:15pm. :)

Gotta go!

Belated Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-129F sent 01/27/2010
Rcv'd CSC 01/29/2010
NOA1 notice date 02/01/2010
NOA1 rcv'd 02/08/2010
" Touched " 03/04/2010
email notice APPROVED! 03/04/2010
touched 03/08/2010
hardcopy NOA2 rcv'd 03/10/2010
NVC email pkt enroute 03/29/2010
CIS touched again?! 04/01/2010
NVC RECEIVED ! 04/09/2010
NVC sent to embassy 04/15/2010
Embassy received 04/22/2010
Interview date 06/11/2010
APPROVED !!!! 06/11/2010
POE Chicago 07/22/2010
MARRIED !!!!!!! 07/27/2010
AOS,EAD,AP sent 10/01/2010
Rcv'd Chicago lockbox 10/04/2010
NOA rcv'd 10/18/2010
Bio appt. letter rcv'd 11/03/2010
Bio appt. 11/26/2010
Interview letter rcv'd 12/08/2010
Interview appt. 01/11/2011
Email EAD/AP approved 12/14/2010
EAD card arrival 12/20/2010
Re-scheduled Interview 03/01/2011
APPROVED !!!!!!!! 03/01/2011
Green Card ARRIVED !!! 03/11/2011
I-751 R.O.C. sent on 12/05/2012
I-751 packet delivered by USPS to CSC 12/06/2012
check cashed 12/10/2012
Rcv'd NOA 12/10/2012 ... dated 12/06/2012
12/17/2012 Bio letter rcv'd ... Bio appt. 01/02/2013
Biometrics completed 01/02/2013

APPROVED 05/24/2013

Letter rcv'd 06/01/2013

Card arrived 06/20/2013

Timeline

I gave up trying to convince her that it needs to be refrigerated and/or sealed up. Too much of a battle and no progress. Easier to just clean it up myself.

There is some benefit to it, but I'm not a huge fan of making a big mess (and subsequent cleanup) just to eat one meal. When my wife first got here she'd spend hours preparing one meal and then be all mad because I wouldn't help her clean up. I'm not a fan of leaving everything out while cooking, after eating, for a few hours while we drink tea and eat sugarless cake... then cleaning up before bed. When I cook, the kitchen is as clean while I'm cooking as it was before I started. Something comes out, it goes right back when I'm through with it.

And I don't see the need to cook complex meals when Taco Bell is so easy to clean up. With only two people eating... the money saved is minimal compared to the time necessary for prep. Typically I work 10-12 hour shifts so cooking to save a few bucks isn't really high on my priority list. My wife can't wrap her head around why I'm not willing to spend two hours a day in the kitchen so we can save $5.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I was scolded for throwing out a cup of something that'd been sitting on the counter for a day or two. "Why you throw away my juice? I only prepare." Prepare?

I didn't know tea and juice were still good to drink after a few hours in the hot weather but apparently they are. If she gets sick, it wasn't from that... it was from the mystery wind.

:rofl: Too funny! Why did throw out the mushrooms? "they were all moldy and smelled bad"

"They are mushrooms, they are supposed to be moldy and smell bad!" I really do not know how they do not DIE from some of the things they eat and drink!

Alla cooks only one or two days per week, but she cooks enough for an ARMY which means it will last two teenage boys 3-4 days...tops. Huge pots of potatoes, vegetables, meats of all kinds, vereniki, all that stuff. It is like a bomb went off in the kitchen and she uses ALL the pots, pans, utensils. The refrigerator is then stacked full of bowls, pots, jars, whatever container she can find until the next time she cooks.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

haha, I learned not to throw away any juice from the last time she was here, no matter how much is left in the bottle. Glasses are fair game though, I don't want to accidently drink that $hit. :P

Let's see, as of leaving for work this morning we had a 3 day old pot of oatmeal still on the stove (convinced it's a battle of wills on that one, I know I'm not going to be chipping that concrete), a couple bottles of misc juices, half cut apple (browning nicely), a mystery pot that I'm not taking the lid off of, open loaf of bred that I couldn't stand to leave be and closed it, Half a green pepper... some other goodies I don't remember.

But... it's still a good trade off, she cleans the house sans pants. Who am I to complain about a few left out pots and pans and enough food to feed the needy? :)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

haha, I learned not to throw away any juice from the last time she was here, no matter how much is left in the bottle. Glasses are fair game though, I don't want to accidently drink that $hit. :P

Let's see, as of leaving for work this morning we had a 3 day old pot of oatmeal still on the stove (convinced it's a battle of wills on that one, I know I'm not going to be chipping that concrete), a couple bottles of misc juices, half cut apple (browning nicely), a mystery pot that I'm not taking the lid off of, open loaf of bred that I couldn't stand to leave be and closed it, Half a green pepper... some other goodies I don't remember.

But... it's still a good trade off, she cleans the house sans pants. Who am I to complain about a few left out pots and pans and enough food to feed the needy? :)

Oatmeal is her poor substitute for "buckwheat" Wait until she finds where to buy that sh*t! Who eats that #######????????

None of us complain about th tradeoffs though. :rofl:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good to hear that things are going well .And welcome to the warm fluids and room temperature milk club. Zhanna makes her own kaifir....... basically it is milk and these bacteria balls that she brought from Russia w/ her, she leaves a glass of milk w/ the bacteria balls in the cupboard over night and then drinks it the next day.... effin gross man..

Because it is atleast 95 degrees here everyday w/ 100% humidity and a heat index of 115-125, she has acclimated fast to air conditioning and cold drinks.... no ice still but at first everything had to be room temp. I laughed pretty hard when I read the "Phoo it is cold" comment because Zhanna said the exact same thing. And yes she puts pans from the stove right into the fridge with no covers on it. I used to be a cook so when I see her food storage habits I freak sometimes and go on rants about botchla etc haha.

I hope you guys are as happy as we are and the other folks here. Congrats again brother!

Edited by Chris_Жанна

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

Thanks, Chris!

Gary, we've been hunting for buckwheat... "Maybe on more store?"... "Maybe one more store?"...

I made the mistake of THINKING I saw buckwheat somewhere. Now you have me nervous that maybe I shouldn't be looking so hard. :D I don't even know what it is! The only thing that comes to mind when I think about it is a small child with an Afro. And the last time I tried eating one of those the cops got involved. Not pretty. :no:

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Timeline

Good to hear that things are going well .And welcome to the warm fluids and room temperature milk club. Zhanna makes her own kaifir....... basically it is milk and these bacteria balls that she brought from Russia w/ her, she leaves a glass of milk w/ the bacteria balls in the cupboard over night and then drinks it the next day.... effin gross man..

Because it is atleast 95 degrees here everyday w/ 100% humidity and a heat index of 115-125, she has acclimated fast to air conditioning and cold drinks.... no ice still but at first everything had to be room temp. I laughed pretty hard when I read the "Phoo it is cold" comment because Zhanna said the exact same thing. And yes she puts pans from the stove right into the fridge with no covers on it. I used to be a cook so when I see her food storage habits I freak sometimes and go on rants about botchla etc haha.

I hope you guys are as happy as we are and the other folks here. Congrats again brother!

Sergey works at McDonald's for the summer. He tells Alla how they have to keep things cold, keep things covdered. keep the cooked food hot, etc. How "bacteria will grow" if the food is not hot enough or cold eough...y'know...FOOD HYGIENE! Alla says, "Phhht, no wonder their food is so terrible" :o

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks, Chris!

Gary, we've been hunting for buckwheat... "Maybe on more store?"... "Maybe one more store?"...

I made the mistake of THINKING I saw buckwheat somewhere. Now you have me nervous that maybe I shouldn't be looking so hard. :D I don't even know what it is! The only thing that comes to mind when I think about it is a small child with an Afro. And the last time I tried eating one of those the cops got involved. Not pretty. :no:

Wonce, Twhiice, Tree times a lady......

Buckwheat ehe?, my girl is big on that too. Lucky for us we have a Ukrainian/Russian food store a quarter mile from us. If you have a Whole Foods or any other place that sells bulk grains you might want to check there, I remember (And Gary probally knows it) there was a place in Burlington called City Market. A good rule of thumb is.... look for place where white ppl w/ dreadlocks shop I guarantee granola and whole grains will ensue.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

A good rule of thumb is.... look for place where white ppl w/ dreadlocks shop I guarantee granola and whole grains will ensue.

We have a winner. Now I remember where I saw it... "Natural Pantry"... ;)

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Timeline

Thanks, Chris!

Eating a small child with an afro would be more appetizing.

I knew it. They substitute oatmeal. It is a type of grain. You won't find it in a regular store. Alla found it in one of those health food dtores, sold in bulk. We went in there to buy tea, which they also sell in bulk, and she came running around the corner of the aisle all excited...THEY HAVE BUCKWHEAT! It is like little brown, BB sized balls, cooked like oatmeal, it still looks like little brown balls and tastes like cardboard at best. It is horrible stuff. I can only say "Please tell me you DIDN'T stand in line to buy this as a child" (seems like she waited in line to buy almost anything, which I can beleieve for the most part, but not for buckwheat)

I am diabetic and she keeps telling me that it lowers blood sugar naturally (Yeah, sure, all the horrible stuff is good for you naturally). She says in Ukraine, where the doctors aren't trying to sell more insulin like they are here, I would be made to eat a diet of buckwheat and dill pickles. #######!!!!!!!!! Yeah, and then I would commit suicide by swimming in the Kamilus river and be dissolved by the chemicals. No way I would spend my life eating buckwheat and pickles...but I do like dill pickles. :D

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.