AKguy

She's here!

104 posts in this topic

Speaking of salty fish... I'm at the store yesterday and I spot some smoked oysters. I think, "Oh! Something we both will like!"... I ended up almost having to force her to try one, a tiny bite of one. I ate a fish egg for you, woman! She gagged a bite down, and that was it, no more, no how. Maybe if I dump a ton of salt on it next time. :D

My wife destroys oysters. Doesn't matter if they're smoked, salty, raw.... as long as they're oysters, they're gone!

We have a restaurant around here that sometimes offers oysters for 3.95/dozen. Needless to say several dozen oysters meet their match every time we go there.

Here's one she snapped of me - http://www.myspace.com/bradleysettle/photos/52470900#a=0&i=52470926

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

To further derail this thread into the delicious Buckwheat abyss:

Katya made some Grechka Blini (Buckwheat pancakes) and sweet jesus they are tasty. that is all.

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Katya made some Grechka Blini (Buckwheat pancakes) and sweet jesus they are tasty. that is all.

I bet those are pretty good.

Put me firmly in the camp of grechka lovers.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife destroys oysters. Doesn't matter if they're smoked, salty, raw.... as long as they're oysters, they're gone!

We have a restaurant around here that sometimes offers oysters for 3.95/dozen. Needless to say several dozen oysters meet their match every time we go there.

Here's one she snapped of me - http://www.myspace.c...#a=0&i=52470926

I tried to get Zhanna to get into seafood since in Charleston there are nothing but oyster roast festivals. I started her on fried oysters, she liked it. Then we went out another night and I said "Why don't we get some raw clams." Well, when they got to the table you would have thought I asked her to eat a sh!t sandwich....... Milk that stays in the cupboard for days at a time, OK. Clams, no way.

As far as the buckwheat (grechka ) is concerned I cannot do it. I tried, I even tried smoking some weed and eating it....still gross.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

I'm sitting next to my wife right now and she's drinking the biggest glass of kefir.

So gross.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

when they got to the table you would have thought I asked her to eat a sh!t sandwich....... Milk that stays in the cupboard for days at a time, OK. Clams, no way.

I stopped trying to make sense of this stuff years ago.

As far as the buckwheat (grechka ) is concerned I cannot do it. I tried, I even tried smoking some weed and eating it....still gross.

Did you put fried meat and hot sauce in it?

To me, it's really no different than macaroni or mashed potatoes or some other starchy side dish.

I'm sitting next to my wife right now and she's drinking the biggest glass of kefir.

So gross.

"And you won't eat clams? Come on!"

Русский форум член.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I tried to get Zhanna to get into seafood since in Charleston there are nothing but oyster roast festivals. I started her on fried oysters, she liked it. Then we went out another night and I said "Why don't we get some raw clams." Well, when they got to the table you would have thought I asked her to eat a sh!t sandwich....... Milk that stays in the cupboard for days at a time, OK. Clams, no way.

I have to admit, the FIRST guy that ate a raw oyster was a brave man. They are tasty but look like something that fell out of an ox's nose!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I have to admit, the FIRST guy that ate a raw oyster was a brave man. They are tasty but look like something that fell out of an ox's nose!

I'm willing to bet bravery had nothing to do with it.

It was a dare!

Русский форум член.

I've been listening to that same stuff for almost five years. It seems that all of the products here in America are just not as good as what was available in the FSU. I was really beginning to think that us poor Americans would soon die of food poisoning. What it looks like is we are all going to die from heart disease because of the excess we eat and of course, junk food.

Now I just let it roll off my back. "Yeah, sure honey, whatever you say." Our sour cream is just not good enough but she does buy the light sour cream since we can't make the trip to the Russian stores as often as she would like. I think I'll mention that we should buy cmatana next time and mix it with light sour cream and store as much as possible (does it freeze well?).

What I really don't understand is this salty fish baloney. If this is so good for us, why is she (and others) always telling to stop using so much salt on our food. I will agree, we do use too much salt, but the comparison seems to fall on deaf ears. :crying:

I believe that salty fish is a total blind spot in Vika's perception of healthy menu options. Kind of like when I say that gamburgers taste so good I don't want to know how bad they are. She still leaves it on the counter sometimes, and left me a present of stinky fish remains in the kitchen can two days ago. Imagine me standing in the kitchen before work talking to myself "why does the whole place smell like a spoiled trash heap? Oh #######, that smell is coming from the kitchen.... and what was Vika eating on the patio yesterday.... Got it!". :lol:

She does fine with the cold drinks now after eighteen months here, but she still leaves everything out on the counter. She also eats meat etc. (even pork sausage) that has been exposed for days after the serve by date. Right now she is eating toast with butter and fish eggs for breakfast, with coffee brewed in some Ukrainian contraption that leaves the grounds at the bottom of the cup. Natural coffee she says. :rofl:

For the fridge, we compromised and bought glass bowls with rubber lids to store food, and she mostly uses them. Getting her to actually seal the lids every time is a different thing. Turns out she was sure that all my plastic containers were poisoning us with chemicals when we put food in them.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

I believe that salty fish is a total blind spot in Vika's perception of healthy menu options. Kind of like when I say that gamburgers taste so good I don't want to know how bad they are. She still leaves it on the counter sometimes, and left me a present of stinky fish remains in the kitchen can two days ago. Imagine me standing in the kitchen before work talking to myself "why does the whole place smell like a spoiled trash heap? Oh #######, that smell is coming from the kitchen.... and what was Vika eating on the patio yesterday.... Got it!". :lol:

I thank God, every day, that Ira doesn't eat that #######. The only fish she'll touch - now that she's been appropriately spoiled - is a natural Alaskan salmon steak. During her recent trip to Russia, she actually commented at one point that she couldn't believe some of the things she used to eat (and love).

She does fine with the cold drinks now after eighteen months here, but she still leaves everything out on the counter. She also eats meat etc. (even pork sausage) that has been exposed for days after the serve by date. Right now she is eating toast with butter and fish eggs for breakfast, with coffee brewed in some Ukrainian contraption that leaves the grounds at the bottom of the cup. Natural coffee she says. :rofl:

LOL. I love the way you put that, "some Ukrainian contraption." Best laugh I've had all week.

For the fridge, we compromised and bought glass bowls with rubber lids to store food, and she mostly uses them. Getting her to actually seal the lids every time is a different thing. Turns out she was sure that all my plastic containers were poisoning us with chemicals when we put food in them.

Ira felt the same way at first, but quickly adjusted to the convenience factor -- and the preservation powers couldn't be argued with. "Look - eets steel not molding!" :)

Ira felt the same way at first, but quickly adjusted to the convenience factor -- and the preservation powers couldn't be argued with. "Look - eets steel not molding!" :)

Vika would sa "and so what?"

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OK as a man who is about to have his Ukrainian bride move 7000 miles across the Atlantic you ppl have oficially scared the S**t out of me LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Met online Sep 26 2009

Traveled to Ukraine Jan 22 2010

Spent 33 wonderful days together

Returned to US Feb 25 2010

K1 filed March 2010

Sent to VSC 2010-03-06

Received 03-08

Check cashed 03-10

NOA 1 dated 03-11

updated 03-16

Spending a week in Odessa and Kherson together 5-19-10 :)))))

NO RFE's

NOA 2 6-24-10

NVC recieve 6-28-10

NOA 2 Hard copy receive 6-29-10

NVC forward to Kiev 6-29-10 That was easy :)

Embassy receive 7-2-2010

Leave US 8-10 to attend interview

Interview 8-12-2010 :)))))))

VISA APPROVED 8-12-2010

POE Houston Tx. 8-20-2010

MARRIED Sep 25 2010 :))))))

LOL. I love the way you put that, "some Ukrainian contraption." Best laugh I've had all week.

The contraption is called a "кофеварка" or "турка". It is a big metal cup with a long handle that rests on the stove directly. Coffee is "cooked" with the water and then strained through a metal filter. Since the filter is much less fine than the paper ones we use, there will be about two inches of grounds at the bottom of the cup.

OK as a man who is about to have his Ukrainian bride move 7000 miles across the Atlantic you ppl have oficially scared the S**t out of me LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it should be :devil: Be afraid..... be VERY afraid!

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.