^_^

Farmer's wife says fired USDA official helped save their land

281 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Originally she did not, but in the end she did everything she could to save the farm for the farmers and they became friends, does not sound as though her bigotry lasted very long once she became aware of the consequences in real life situations - and her story if you listen beyond that one soundbite is extremely useful to illustrate that bigotry serves no one well, black nor white.

This ####### about her being once a bigot always a bigot is nonsense, the 82 year old woman, the farmer's wife, who was in the direct line of fire of her former wrong behaviour bears testimony to the truth of this, as does even the telling of this story in the original context. Only those who are determined to pretend that US society has reached a level playing field in terms of equal opportunity would consider this story newsworthy and conclude that this Sherrod learned nothing and is cynically using this story to justify further bigoted behaviour on her own, or anyone else's part. This does nothing to improve society but creates more division, and the people who suffer are the ordinary folk who are working to make things right, not the idiots who believe black people now deserve their fates because they are culturally bankrupt, given too many favours to advance them when they do not deserve it and all the other bullshit that people say and all because of stories like this that fuel false outrage on the part of white people who do not understand the makeup of their own society - white privilege is alive and well thanks to this sort of garbage.

Excellent post. :thumbs:

She should have sucked him off. That's more than enough.:lol:

You forgot the obligatory smiley to indicate your use of irony.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Seriously? Wow, just, wow. I guess that really is how you simpletons work these things out, one woman 24 years ago working for some non - profit (one has to assume charitable organization) where she did have some influence over the distribution of charitable resources somehow translates as black people have always been in positions of power and influence the day segregation ended and all the problems that black people faced since then, and including today are as a result of their own inadequacy. Brilliant.

you simpletons. what's next, you people?

you're missing the point - as usual. what you're failing to accept is anyone, regardless of what their race is, being in a position where their mission is to help people yet fail to expend their full effort due to the recipients race deserves to be drummed out of any position as their bias is a hindrance to that organization.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

D'Oh!

:lol:

Look on CNN right now. There's an Anderson Cooper interview of the Farmer stating quite clearly that this criticism of Sherrod is 'hogwash.'

How's that for a single instance?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/07/21/ac.sherrod.spooner.intv.cnn?hpt=T1

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A person who does that in a position of authority does deserve to lose their job. But if she was going to be fired for a comment made 24 years ago, it should have been from that position, not her current one. Not unless there is clear evidence that continued that pattern of behaviour in her USDA role.

Timeline

so let's see if i understand this, give the way so many of you are mounting such a rabid defense of this individual:

someone has a job, and when someone of a different ethnicity needs help from that person, the person does a half azzed job helping them out.

examples - the customer may have wanted/received a bank loan on a car for 4%, but because the one helping didn't put 100% effort into it, they got 7%.

imo this gal put race relations back about 20 years, as anyone in a similar situation will be left wondering if they got the full extent of that person's abilities with their problem.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

you simpletons. what's next, you people?

you're missing the point - as usual. what you're failing to accept is anyone, regardless of what their race is, being in a position where their mission is to help people yet fail to expend their full effort due to the recipients race deserves to be drummed out of any position as their bias is a hindrance to that organization.

I missed nothing, you clearly have though. The story itself illustrates that Sherrod recognized that her original position, a bigoted one, was wrong and subsequently put every effort into righting that wrong, we know she did because we have testimony to that effect from the 'victim'. You are so focused on the angle shoved down your throat by that troll VW that you simply can't see the wood for the trees. Shame on you and shame on you for using this to justify more ####### about n*gger entitlement and cultural bankruptcy.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Additionally, it's interesting to me how more outrage is being heaped on this woman by rank outsiders on this board than by the supposed "victim" in all this.

the gal admitted to not giving them the full extent of her abilities. we'll never know what she really could have done for them. and if someone gives you only half the effort, how would you really know what really coulda been done?

I missed nothing, you clearly have though. The story itself illustrates that Sherrod recognized that her original position, a bigoted one, was wrong and subsequently put every effort into righting that wrong, we know she did because we have testimony to that effect from the 'victim'. You are so focused on the angle shoved down your throat by that troll VW that you simply can't see the wood for the trees. Shame on you and shame on you for using this to justify more ####### about n*gger entitlement and cultural bankruptcy.

really (ref that in bold). is there a story about how she went back and righted this wrong by putting her full effort into things?

spare me about the last line - it's unwarranted and offensive.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

"Rabid defence". That's just priceless that is :lol: You do love your melodrama Charles...

The woman admitted to a mistake 24 years ago, she did not present it as a point of pride or that she was justified in it, but never mind that - she opened her mouth, therefore she deserves everything she gets.

The lesson here is clearly: don't ever admit to anything because you'll be tarred, feathered and dragged through the mud to serve someone's agenda. Once again - precisely why US politicians don't do it.

the gal admitted to not giving them the full extent of her abilities. we'll never know what she really could have done for them. and if someone gives you only half the effort, how would you really know what really coulda been done?

When will you admit that the "victim", (you know that pretend friend of Sherrod who would disown her as soon as she saw the video) has point blank stated that Sherrod owned her mistake at the time and is not afraid to own it now in an effort to illustrate that all bigotry is wrong, hmm? Oh, that would be never because this story was originally posted by your good buddy VW and you can't admit that she might have had some ulterior motive for promoting this sort of garbage now can you?

really (ref that in bold). is there a story about how she went back and righted this wrong by putting her full effort into things?

spare me about the last line - it's unwarranted and offensive.

I'll spare you nothing because that is the position you are defending, whether you know it or not.

"Rabid defence". That's just priceless that is :lol: You do love your melodrama Charles...

The woman admitted to a mistake 24 years ago, she did not present it as a point of pride or that she was justified in it, but never mind that - she opened her mouth, therefore she deserves everything she gets.

The lesson here is clearly: don't ever admit to anything because you'll be tarred, feathered and dragged through the mud to serve someone's agenda. Once again - precisely why US politicians don't do it.

That's the bit I can't understand, all these people who interpret this story as Sherrod 'boasting' about her bigotry to the black entitlement club.

Timeline

Exactly we'll never know, so what? We need to invent increasingly melodramatic scenarios?

Surely something can be taken from the testimony of the "victim".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

'Rabid defense'

:rofl:

Oh dear. Time to let Chuck have his melodrama to himself. No sympathy points from here.

Immunohistochemistry awaits.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.