^_^

Farmer's wife says fired USDA official helped save their land

281 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Round and round Lisa. Don't be silly.

wadr, it seems like you are the one stuck in the circle. I am baffled as to what you're trying to debate here.

What she said interested me. How the naacp and the usda responded says a lot more than any of our speculation does.

She's either a liar embellishing a story for whatever reason she thought would paint her in a better light and a racist or she's just a racist.

Regardless of editing: she did not give the 'full force' of what she could do based on the farmer's race. Her words. Spin that however you want, but it still remains. And let's all be honest here, if she were white, and the farmer were black, hispanic, or another minority...you damn well know everyone would be in an uproar. Btw, that includes me...because there's NO TOLERANCE for racism at work in the workplace no matter who who holds those views.

Edited by Happy Bunny

So its ok to lose your current job because of something you said nearly 25 years ago? Sounds harsh to me.

If you're recalling it fondly in a public speech, yep. If you are in a position of power and your personal views re: racism can affect your job? YEP.

Are you sat here saying that if she were white and the farmer were black, you wouldn't feel the same?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That distinction is only important because there is a sort of collective insanity in the US about stories involving race related controversies.

It didn't seem to me that she was recalling the incident with pride. I think this controversy is being inflated for political purposes. the CNN report that accompanied that video was awful. tabloid journalism at its best.

That distinction is only important because there is a sort of collective insanity in the US about stories involving race related controversies.

It didn't seem to me that she was recalling the incident with pride. I think this controversy is being inflated for political purposes. the CNN report that accompanied that video was awful. tabloid journalism at its best.

So you're refusing to answer the question then?

Timeline

What do you want me to say?

White people are treated unfairly and so therefore this woman's treatment is deserved.

Most of these types of stories are exaggerated far beyond the actual controversy. Perhaps I'm just finding that this kind of thing is irrelevant in the UK and the media here isn't trying to make them into something adversarial.

What do you want me to say?

White people are treated unfairly and so therefore this woman's treatment is deserved.

Most of these types of stories are exaggerated far beyond the actual controversy. Perhaps I'm just finding that this kind of thing is irrelevant in the UK and the media here isn't trying to make them into something adversarial.

I want you to answer the question, directly, with no bs thrown in the way. It actually only requires a yes or no answer.

Alternatively you could read what I wrote and understand why I think questions like that are divisive BS.

This is one of the things that is wrong with society today. You claim to be all about equality, yet clearly there are different rules based on color.

In a TRULY equal society, this kind of behavior (re: the topic) would not be tolerated by anyone. Regardless of race.

PS - you asked what I wanted, I told you. I'm not gonna bleat on about answering because it's clear what your POV is.

Timeline

I posted an op yesterday about this. There is an assumption among a lot of people that its ok to be racist if you're black, and people get quite angry about it as if blacks routinely get one over on white people.

I think that assumption is divisive and somewhat racist in itself.

I posted an op yesterday about this. There is an assumption among a lot of people that its ok to be racist if you're black, and people get quite angry about it as if blacks routinely get one over on white people.

I think that assumption is divisive and somewhat racist in itself.

I disagree. Again, in a TRULY equal society, it's equal rules for all.

A white pres. candidate would have never succeeded if he was tied for two decades to an open racist. A white USDA rep would have been fired SAME DAY as the speech was made. Etc Etc. It grates on people (well, talking for myself) because if we're truly striving to be equals in every sense, then that standard needs to be maintained at all times. And not this 'oh cultural sensitivity' bollocks wrt justifying openly racist comments.

What a concept!

Anyhoo, doc time!