^_^

Farmer's wife says fired USDA official helped save their land

281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Responding to what he knew of the video Monday evening, Atlanta NAACP chapter president R.L. White recalled many years of unfair treatment against minority farmers when he told the AJC that the footage, at face value, "does suggest unfair treatment."

U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced Sherrod's resignation in a statement, saying the department has "zero tolerance" for discrimination. Sherrod told CNN that Cheryl Cook, deputy undersecretary for Rural Development, called her three times on Monday to eventually demand her resignation on behalf of the White House.

The NAACP condemned and the White House wanted Sherrod fired based on their understanding of her remarks and because they were afraid of a negative public reaction. They didn't waste time sticking it to her.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Timeline

The NAACP condemned and the White House wanted Sherrod fired based on their understanding of her remarks and because they were afraid of a negative public reaction. They didn't waste time sticking it to her.

No, because they know the power of media and how quickly public opinion can be swayed. None of that means the video wasn't edited to the point of mischaracterizing her comments... once the video is released in full, the few who have yet to make up their minds on this matter will have their answers.

Science has a well known librul bias.

Indeed it has. Librul scientists are truly evil because they spend all their time playing god and pretending that He does not exist. Pride comes before a fall...

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No, because they know the power of media and how quickly public opinion can be swayed. None of that means the video wasn't edited to the point of mischaracterizing her comments... once the video is released in full, the few who have yet to make up their minds on this matter will have their answers.

Because unfortunately, many people are prone to not correcting themselves on mischaracterizations.

Dangit I just fell on my rear end.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It always is in the US media, isn't it?

That's the only way the tabloid networks are able to get people to watch. If people aren't getting angry, they aren't interested. Some people need something to shake their fist at.

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wait a minute. You're trying to tell me that a conservative blog cherrypicked quotes and didn't bother with the whole story? I am shocked. We all know that conservative blogers are beyond reproach and their integrity is never to be questioned as they always tell the whole story.

Too bad. So sad. She's gone. Good riddance.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla