trillium13

Your Right to a Mobile Phone!!

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I didn't say that and don't believe it. You certainly do a good job of putting words in my mouth.

I said, twice now, that I don't believe the government has the right to tell a property owner that he should or shouldn't include handicapped parking spots on his or her property or what rules should dictate who can park in those spots. However, considering I don't own property, this belief doesn't really come into practice. Additionally, if I was building a parking lot, I would include handicapped parking spots. That doesn't change the fact that I don't believe the government has the right to make me do it.

As far as my actions in terms of parking on someone else's property, it's their property and they get to make the rules.

I think, from the picture your posts are gathering to form, that you're coming from some sort of pseudo-libertarian Rand Paulian hands-off-my-bidness kind of place. Like, another logical step would be to maintain the rights of business owners to bar minorities. Like, that's not the government's business either. Which, we're done if that's the case.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

I think, from the picture your posts are gathering to form, that you're coming from some sort of pseudo-libertarian Rand Paulian hands-off-my-bidness kind of place. Like, another logical step would be to maintain the rights of business owners to bar minorities. Like, that's not the government's business either. Which, we're done if that's the case.

Like disabled folks have a 'voice' by virtue of their % presence. It's not in the interests of the average business owner to provide facilities that only a teeny weency portion of society will use, but being disabled is not something one chooses, a small minority of people are disabled in a way that makes it impossible for them to use conventional entrances/stairs etc and they should not be catered for because they do not have a wallet that compensates for their lack of mobility. Brilliant.

I am not sure that the post I quoted was the appropriate one, but anyway, the gist should be clear, no?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I don't see anything wrong with phones that are locked to only call emergency numbers

Phones without service are still capable of calling 9-1-1. Every phone that powers up will still connect to that number, even without a plan or minutes.

Life will be so much better when everything is FREE!

It's gonna be so awesome!

Where the hell is my hope and change? I'm still waiting... you hear that? I'm still here!

Free service only available for one year.

What's really cool is since this is a free govt. service there'll be unlimited extensions and when the year is over, there'll be a hearing to determine if the family really needs to give it up or not.

Yes

So you're saying no phones is the reason these folks aren't working? If they had phones they'd all be gainfully employed right now? Seriously? I mean, I know you can use a computer and have a little bit of deductive reasoning skills because you've got this whole VJ thing figured out..... but you're really going to tell me no phones = no jobs? Really?

some sort of pseudo-libertarian Rand Paulian hands-off-my-bidness kind of place. Like, another logical step would be to maintain the rights of business owners to bar minorities.

Rand Paul never said anything about barring anyone.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 2 years later...

I was in the car today and heard a commercial for free cell phones. Apparently, people on government benefits like food stamps, WIC, HEAP, etc., may be "entitled" to a free mobile.

Not just for emergencies or anything. According to the ad, you could get free UNLIMITED minutes for a year.

My favorite part, and the one that really got me p!ssed, was at the end, the announcer said in a loud voice:

"EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT!!!!"

So, folks on goverment benefits have the "right" to a free cell phone on my tax dollars. Awesome.

Dammit, I really need to proofread my titles!

More free Obama phones to monitor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

More free Obama phones to monitor

Funny you revived this thread. My cousin took this photo in Lansing, MI yesterday.

post-100805-0-73666200-1370776253_thumb.jpg

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.