luzhok

How to write a rebuttal letter for returned petition?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was not notified by USCIS about returned petition but want to be prepared in advance. BTW, I still don't know the reason for return.

If you were not notified by USCIS, how were you notified by the retrun petition? Did your online status change to RFE? That is not exactly the same as a returned petition.

As far as preparing a rebuttal, I do not think anyone here can advise you until you explain how you know your petition will be returned and then the reason for the return, denial or request for further evidence or a waiver is needed etc...

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you were not notified by USCIS, how were you notified by the retrun petition? Did your online status change to RFE? That is not exactly the same as a returned petition.

As far as preparing a rebuttal, I do not think anyone here can advise you until you explain how you know your petition will be returned and then the reason for the return, denial or request for further evidence or a waiver is needed etc...

Good luck.

The embassy informed me that they returned the petition. The case is in USCIS now under review (I'm checking the status online). I'm waiting for their decision and want to be prepared in case of denial. What's RFE? My problem is that I still don't know the reason for petition return. No embassy or USCIS tell me. How to find that out? Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think going through the interview questions can help you figure out the possible reasons, and did your fiance ask why they were denied? I created a letter covering any possible red flag that I thought they may be worried about from the interview questions & what was stated at the refusal. Hope that helps :) There is no particular way to do this, cuz everyones case is different. Best of luck.

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think going through the interview questions can help you figure out the possible reasons, and did your fiance ask why they were denied? I created a letter covering any possible red flag that I thought they may be worried about from the interview questions & what was stated at the refusal. Hope that helps :) There is no particular way to do this, cuz everyones case is different. Best of luck.

The interview was fine but they put the case under administrative review. After 7 months of review they sent the petition back. The embassy refused to give me the reason for return.

Timeline

The interview was fine but they put the case under administrative review. After 7 months of review they sent the petition back. The embassy refused to give me the reason for return.

Our interview went "fine" also....but you could still tell by the questions they asked what they were concerned about. They only ask questions for a reason, so make sure you know exactly what they asked...if they repeated anything, etc. And truthfully, they sometimes just send them back to test your relationship, because its rough to get through a denial & there are many relationships that don't make it through them. Which is why I think they do this....test the relationship (which legally they have to have a specific reason...not an observation)....they figure if you refile then you are serious...if you don't, then you weren't. Does that make sense? It's frustrating & annoying, but I also can see their side of it. Also your congressman or senator might be able to find out some more info for you....some are more helpful & successful then others :) Best of luck.

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

I guess I was looking for general guidelines/tips...

I think the biggest problem is that we aren't in AP....we are in "Recommended to Revoke Approval"....is there anactual area for this, cuz it seems like the "Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)" forum is NOT for us...because we aren't in AP :wacko: I'll search and see if i can find a forum for us fighting off denial...if anyone knows of any, please let me know :thumbs:

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am sorry to hear about your returned petition. Refile, do what you need to do.

My petition also got returned and the conul suggested for the petition to be revoked.. cause we dont have a real relationship.. WTH... then he slapped us with 212(a)5(a)

It took like 3 months for the petition to actually made it back to VSC... since then we were able to refile and merged the 2 petitions. Urhghgh

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is what I'm doing now. I wish I knew about this FOIA sooner. :(

help me please to know how to make the foia ????

:crying:

06-15-2008 : my fiancee first visit to me ( stayed 3 weeks ) .

06-23-2009 : my fiancee secound visit me in Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ).

06-28-2009 : ENGAGED

10-29-2009 : I-129F Sent

01-27-2010 : my fiancee 3rd visit to Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ) .

02-09-2010 : travel with my fiancee to turkey in a vacation (5 days)

05-25-2010 : my fiancee 4th visit to ( stayed 2 months ) .

06-03-2010 :Interview Date .

Interview Result : approved ( ya right ! )

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

06-29-2010 : case sent back to usa !!!

07-07-2010 : MARRIED

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

05-18-2011 : travel with my wife to malaysia in a 1 week vaction

06-14-2011 : register our marraige papers in cairo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

Timeline

I am sorry to hear about your returned petition. Refile, do what you need to do.

My petition also got returned and the conul suggested for the petition to be revoked.. cause we dont have a real relationship.. WTH... then he slapped us with 212(a)5(a)

It took like 3 months for the petition to actually made it back to VSC... since then we were able to refile and merged the 2 petitions. Urhghgh

How do u merge the casees? thought u couldn't refile K1 till the previous expired??

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.